019. FAKER

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chaeyoung wears an effete smirk, eyelids dropping torpid and heavy from the food coma she’d willingly jumped into, lugging the half empty coke onto the drinks holder between them. An inert sigh departs from florid lips as he watches the way she slowly moves the chair seat back a little, so that she was no longer sitting upright but at a slight angle. In return, Jeon Jungkook can’t help the beaming smile that stretches across his features from ear to ear. He chuckles, before undoing the seatbelt and following her motion except he takes thing about two steps further by pulling the car seat down so that it was laying parallel to the floor. 

 

“This is dangerous,” he comments, unclear about whether he was referring to the binging of fast food in the carpark between two idols, or the fact that he’d got to see her with such a serene expression, “… we should at least sleep the food coma off away from public eye.” 

 

The young blonde giggles in her usual dulcet tone, shaking her head as she rests her hands over her stomach, feeling the way her lips broadly turned into a new smirk of its own, “… you’re right if someone takes one snap, they’ll probably make millions and I’ll be stuck on dorm arrest for another twenty years but— I literally need a five minute nap after all that food.”

 

He’s thankful that the recording for her solo project had been delayed a couple of hours, especially considering how with traffic, the original schedule would’ve meant that they’d barely have time to arrive to the studio on time, yet alone stop for food together. 

 

Every moment, no matter how trivial or small it may seem to others, held dense significance to him. 

 

He cherished each and every minute of it.

 

“I guess it’s a good thing that recording has been postponed for a few hours then because I haven’t heard of much success with idols recording during a food coma, though, to be fair, from the beginning, you’ve been a woman full of surprises,” he speaks honestly, “… truly, though.” 

 

He turns his head, watching the way her unperturbed demeanour dims into something a little more dark, like a combination of exhaustion and sadness mixed into an image. Jeon Jungkook doesn’t know why, but he feels almost as though he’d sinned against her. He rectifies it. 

 

Or at least, attempts t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter