018. SUNDAY

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her voice is like the crunch of a fresh strawberry between your teeth on a hot summers day, spilling of its own fragrant aroma and he finds a playful smile dawning across crimson lips, registering the way her vocal colour brings a new meaning to the worship song she sings. Despite the embellished stage, his eyes are completely enslaved by the vision of her on stage, adorned in a loose fitting dress that fell a little lower past her knees. The young idol can’t pinpoint the last time he’d stepped foot in a church, but he’s glad that he decided to go when he sees her in her element. He realises then, how truly attracted he was to her whether it was the version of her as an idol, as church goer or as a racer. Park Chaeyoung was a multi dimensional woman, a walking contradiction in her mere existence. 

 

And he adored each and every side of her. 

 

Jeon Jungkook believes he must be a sinner, not only because he was going to church for the wrong reasons but due to the fact that he finds his mind drifting to the memory of her singing in front of the mass rather focusing on the remaining service. 

 

He knows he’ll find his future Sundays occupied with her, now that he’s gotten a taste of her voice, raw with passion and energy. 

 

The service ends promptly as the congregation begin to head out for the free lunch outside by the park but he notices how the inducement of a meal isn’t enough to stop the crowd of older men and women from gathering around her, complimenting her on her performance. He chuckles under his breath, knowing well that she had the gift of attraction just by her mere presence. His legs move at a leisurely pace, careful not to flock around her too earnestly in fears he may offend some of her older fans. 

 

The stupid smirk only grows as he listens from the distance, finding out that the crowd weren’t simply gathering regarding her talents as a performer but in fact, was a plethora of parents who were insistent on having her meeting their sons for dinner or tea. He watches as she politely declines the offer, making jokes about how she was too shy and how she was too undeserving of such relationships because of her busy schedule and how she felt as though she wasn’t ready to pursue more. Park Chaeyoung composes herself with complete grace, exten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter