017. THERAPY

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words and sounds blend into the air into roaring madness, mainly disgruntled betters by the grand stand who had gotten so close (though no close enough) to finally winning big, only to be disappointed at RED ACE and her ability to pass through in the last corner. He hopes the best for her, though it becomes apparent by the amount of bets placed against her favour that most of the spectators thought conversely. His eyes follow her, drowning the provoking mayhem around him as she runs straight to her team in a state of excited energy, as they lift her up on their shoulders, cheering in excitement. He doesn’t quite know how to feel when he adores how genuinely blithe racing made he feel while simultaneously not liking the dangerous repercussions of such activities. Jeon Jungkook doesn’t waste another moment, carefully navigating his way through the crowd and to her, only to realise that she was the one who had her eyes on him. Her slender fingertips wrap around his, pulling him towards one of the spare rooms and she doesn’t waste a moment to take off her helmet, revealing a completely radiant expression across her lips. Honey brown hair cascades messily over her face, slightly damp from the helmet as she wipes the translucent sheen off her forehead with the back of her hand. She’s panting, he notices by the way her chest moves up and down perhaps still struggle to digest everything that was happening. Park Chaeyoung doesn’t need to speak for him to understand how she was feeling. 

 

She felt alive and in that moment, she was high on happiness and drunk on relief. 

 

Tonight, she adds another tally to her unbreakable streak despite her injury, a comeback faster than expected.

 

RED ACE was a player of many firsts: first and only female racer, first and only player to have an undefeated streak and the first and only player under the age of twenty five to have more than fifty consecutive wins.

 

“It was a close one,” he comments, recalling the unusually slow start that created a wider distance between her and her competitor, “… I didn’t think you were going to make it.” 

 

He doesn’t delve further, he doesn’t tell her about the way his heart shattered briefly at the thought that she wouldn’t come out first, that she’ll experience her first loss in front of him. One look into chocolate hued eyes and he realises that it was a part of her plan, to give those who doubted her false hope for a few moments before coming on strong and sending a bigger message. 

 

Park Chaeyoung was a master in putting on a good show, whether on the race track or on stage for the world to fawn over.

 

“You always doubt me,” her eyes are heavy, lips smiling in a way that feels illegally addictive as she grazes her fingertips against his shoulder causing a shiver to run through his entire body, “… but I’m glad you came.”

 

He wonders whether she feels the same crippling fear across her chest at each second of the race or whether the adrenaline hits her so hard that it’s as though she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter