015. SURRENDER

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It would be easy for her to surrender right in that moment, to fall onto her knees and give up to him. 

 

Park Chaeyoung was used to first place, but whenever it came to him, she always felt like she was coming last.

 

She truly is testing her limits, dancing in dangerous territory in the space a little past her usual boundaries. They were more than friends, but less than lovers. They’d gone through a lot of highs and lows considering the short time they’d become acquainted. Often times she’d just lay down and think about the way things eventuated, wondering whether it would’ve saved her from the turmoil of her emotions if she hadn’t given in and fed her urging curiosity when she’d seen him in the grandstands or whether, regardless of her actions, the pair would’ve eventually found away to meet in one way or another. Park Chaeyoung remembers vividly the contradiction that first caught her attention — an innocent demeanour during award show, almost childlike clashing against his promiscuous nature behind the scenes. 

 

Perhaps, that was why she’d gravitated to him in the first place, he was so much like her, even if it were in two entirely different ways.

 

Park Chaeyoung had mingled with the idea of being honest about her feelings, but realises that to do so would be to give in to him. She thinks that had she made her interest evident, he’d surely lose interest and although she doesn’t quite understand him, she’s almost certain that the reason why he seemed to allured to her was due to the fact, that she wasn’t exactly his. Jeon Jungkook was the kind of guy who could have anything and everything in the world. So she knows, the only way to keep him is to continue playing the pull and push game that he’d always initiated. Park Chaeyoung has played the game too well up until this point, to squander it to the mirth of emotions that were boiling underneath her skin. 

 

Svelte fingertips wrap around the wine glass, right leg over her left as they dangle almost endlessly looking over the kitchen bench, bringing the rim just millimetres from cherry coloured lips. 

 

“Should you be drinking?” His caution is laced with an overtone of tenderness, taking a few steps closer so that his body barely touches the bare skin of her legs, “… I think you shouldn’t.”

 

“We’re celebrating tonight,” the plump of her lips curve into an almost teasing smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter