023. HOLLOWNESS

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chaeyoung wasn’t used to be treated with such delicacy. 

 

Her chest felt so hollow from the previous night of alcohol and illicit substances that she swears that the smallest of touches could cause a ringing bell-like sound to echo through the chambers beneath her organs, like a large empty hallway that had no end. Even moving felt like a heavy weight around her waist as she’d drag her feet to wherever he’d lead her to. The emptiness felt dense, too hefty for someone as small as she was and she knows, that it hadn’t always been like this. Once upon a time, her body was filled with a light that overwhelmed each and every crevice in her body, filled with a joy and absent of a single vacancy. She’d fill others while being simultaneously filled with bliss, growing so much that her heart was always glowing with an inhumane radiance. There was a time where her touch, where her smile was enough to cause for a spread of complete serenity and where her soul was so pure of pain. 

 

Jeon Jungkook was fixated on fixing the emptiness that deluged her.

 

But she knew that the hollowness of her heart weren’t so easily mended. 

 

And there was nothing good that came from filling a space that couldn’t be mended, and nothing good about falling apart in front of him. 

 

She used to be happy. 

 

Park Chaeyoung once epitomised complete beauty and affection.

 

But those times appeared so distant, so foreign from who she was at that moment as she drags her feet lethargically towards the dorm room with him standing a metre behind, as though she were a prisoner in her own body. She turns her body, eyes red as she stares at him blankly, her voice resonating of a tiredness that even a day of sleep wouldn’t be able to mend. 

 

“I’m not ready to face the other girls.” 

 

He takes a step closer to her, thumb the skin of her jaw as he murmurs in reply, “… they’re worried about you, they won’t be angry, they just want to know that you’re okay.” 

 

But she’s not. 

 

And Park Chaeyoung hadn’t been okay for a long time. 

 

She nods in defeat as she slowly pushes her keys through the knob before walking in, welcomed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter