010. LOST

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The modulated sweetness of her voice, controlled and pleasant to the ears, penetrates through the air that she breathed, seeping through his skin like an addictive concoction of drugs of some sort, forcing a complying flicker of jubilation to bleed through his expression. His body leans attentively over, eyes steady as dark hues glaze over the clarity in her hues as she strums the guitar in accompany to her voice. There’s nothing sober about the way his lips curl into a smile, adoration painted across his soft features before he rises to his feet, hand clapping in complete admiration for the ballad she’d written herself by hand. He can almost hear the modesty in her thoughts as the other girls make their way into the studio, breaking through the distance of the barely filled arena and the stage as they wrap arms into an intimate embrace, recounting the compelling emotions her voice and the words to the song pulled them into. She wears a heavy cherry pigment across plump cheeks, thin fingertips covering her cheeks as she shakes her head. He averts his attention for a brief moment, turning his head to see every idol up on their feet in a standing ovation of sorts, just as effortlessly captured by the sound of her voice. 

 

Jeon Jungkook rarely attends such secret events, where idols from all agencies come together on a weekday to show off their latest works and projects. 

 

There’s something despondent in his tone as her manager takes the microphone, as she’s being lead away from the stage for the next idol to showcase their future work, hearing as her manager explains how the song is a work that is exclusively hers. He’s talking about how it’s not a song that’ll be on the album. Jeon Jungkook can hear the shock among the crowd, gasps flooding the room like oxygen to breathe. There are mumbles from fellow idols, making quiet remarks about how it’s a waste of talent. 

 

It seems like an injustice, for his ears to hear such a raw and mellow tone and to not be able to share it to the world. Something about the breathiness of her voice and the euphoria ringing throughout the song was so undoubtedly powerful  —  as though, it demanded to be felt. The sound of her voice brought tranquility to all those who were blessed enough to hear it, to hear the intense fervency and sentiment in the vulnerability of her voice and the extreme joy that graced her milky flesh and grace in the way she composed herself. 

 

Park Chaeyoung was truly captivating. 

 

He can’t overlook the blemished, blue discolouration that wounded the tops of her left cheek and the swollen wine col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter