013. TRUTH

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Curled locks draping messily against shoulders, soiled yet naturally slowly loosely as though it were intentional as a certain whine departs from her lips, before a low hummed chuckle echoes through , heavy in many tones yet bleeding of a unique femininity. He doesn’t know how she does it.  Jeon Jungkook sets his gaze on the one person who seemingly demanded for his intention without even having to lift a finger, seemingly not as close to her as he sits on the other side of the room, not particularly focusing his thoughts on the game of shots or dare that was being shared between the room. It was almost strange to see her in such a setting, absent of the other girls but head resting in occupancy against another female idol because she obviously had no trouble making friends.

 

Park Chaeyoung wasn’t exactly the type to have wild nights where she’d recall only bits and pieces of, unlike him, and whilst he often found her in events filled with expensive liquor and celebrities, it’s the first time he’d seen her so noticeably intoxicated. She usually wears a cocktail wrapped around her fingertips in a social gesture, but seeing her head tilting back for another shot of vodka felt something much more… savoury. 

 

She’s there. 

 

Park Chaeyoung is so far, yet so close, across from him in all of her magnificent delight and he happens to watch, careful not to say anything unless he’s prompted to by the woman himself. He’s walking on egg shells, in fact, he’s deciding not to walk until he’s called and ironically, he feel content to be a spectator. 

 

He’s in limbo, unsure of whether the pair were even close enough to be deemed as friends. 

 

Her eyes scan the room, locking his for the first time that entire night and for a moment, he’s almost convinced that she was going to leave. She doesn’t and he wonders whether she was too inebriated to realise who she was smiling at, slender fingertips curling into a wave, lips parting into an addictive smile. Jeon Jungkook nods, mouthing a ‘ are you alright ’ only for her to shake her head, laughing before turning away. 

 

He hates how easy it is for him to look at her. Perhaps, it’ll be better if he blamed a little bit on the intoxicated state that even allowed for him to look at her with such boldness. 

 

Suddenly, the group erupt in cheers which averts his eyes momentarily, flicking to the bottle which was po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter