011. ACHING

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their hues clash, causing for her pomegranate toned lips to press together into a harsh line, which she works quickly to soften, smoothing over as she pushes down the hem of her dress, taking steps towards him. Things had been murky between the two from the very beginning and he’s thankful at the fact that those around them failed to ask any questions. If he were honest, he wouldn’t know how to answer them. Park Chaeyoung and Jeon Jungkook stood on, malleable territory. He can feel a fire of rage burn in his belly, flickers of sadness drawling in waves, hitting at him before fleeing only to come back stronger than ever as she walks, in heeled stilettos towards him. 

 

His hand firmly wrapped around her slender arm, preventing her from falling as she trips against the floor is instinctual, feeling her breath against his shirt as she gasps in complete surprise. It takes a few moments for her to move back onto her feet, taking a step away from his protective grasp over her flesh. She winces in pain, expression scrunched before she bows, only halfway at the other boys before commenting about their performance. 

 

Jeon Jungkook isn’t listening, chocolate orbs completely enamoured by her wounds that initiate feelings he’d much rather forget. 

 

“  Chaeyoung,  ”  he points carefully at the marks against her creamy skin, not caring that the other boys were listening to words that felt surprisingly intimate, “  …  they look painful. You should’ve stayed home.  ”

 

He’s ignoring the dawned out silence as she struggles to come up with words that seem appropriate. Jeon Jungkook is well ware that he’s intruding, that he’s breaking through the unspoken distance that he’d earned through his actions. It is his presence, that makes her uncomfortable. 

 

He wonders how long it’ll be like that. 

 

Somewhere between his words and the silence that met them, he turns to notice that the boys had taken a few steps away, to speak to the other girls. 

 

“  Are you okay  ?  ”  He has to know, eyes glazing over the glossy sheen of her dark pigments.

 

She nods, head slightly tilted down as though she were soaking herself in a pool of regret. 

 

“  I’m sorry,  ”  she finally speaks, taking a heavy breath before she looks up at him, “  …  I shouldn’t have blamed you, for everything. It wasn’t your fault at all.  ”

 

He shakes his head, “  …  I deserved it. I’m glad you’re okay.  ”

 

For a second, he feels as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter