So?

A blessing in disguise

School season has started and today is the first gathering for all freshmen with their respective club members.

Band practice room

"As you guys know this year we have new members who'll be joining us starting from today so let's welcome them" As soon as Jinyoung, the music club teacher said that, everyone gives them a big hand, welcoming their new members. "You may introduce yourself" He step aside giving way for the freshman to introduce themselves.

"Wonpil" with a i-don't-give-a--face he introduce himself shortly.

"Dowoon"crossing his arm, with the same expression and not interested tone.

Sungjin shake his head at both of them before introducing himself. "I'm Sungjin." And looks like he is no better than them. And finally "Hello my name is Jae i hope we can get along well" His peace sign and a grin is enough for the senior to woo at him because of his overload cuteness. Except younghyun.

This is the reason why it turned out that the music club now has new "members" instead of "member". Ever since elementary school everyone has always been favoring Jae because of his cuteness. He always has guys flirting with him and asking him out but he never get to reply any of them properly because there will always be two devil who will attacked those who dare to get near their Jae. Let me rephrase: their big baby. But when it is their third year in high school, it went up from two devil to three devil.

*(p/s: I was talking about wonpil, sungjin and dowoon who joined them in high school)

Jae is just too naive for his own good and that worried them the most. They doen't want their little chicken to go through something as painful as breakup or betrayed or lied or whatever you name it. That's why they has always been protecting him as much as they can. But this is the first time that Jae has ever interested in anyone and they know they can't keep avoiding such situation forever so instead of stopping him from doing anything, they decided that it is best for them to watch him from aside and come to rescue when needed. But for now, they still need to protect him from those beasts.

Before they could go more wild Jinyoung come to stop them. "Ok guys that's enough you will scare him. By the way i think some of you already know about this but some are not. Tomorrow Hwe seung, Hongki, Yong hwa and Younghyun will be performing during freshman welcoming party. And, as you guys expected, this year our university will be sending only one band to compete in the international band competition but our club has 3 teams so we the higher ups has decided to hold a preliminary round to choose for the best team. For last year, your senior here has succeed to win the gold medal and our university was placed first. So for this year, we want you guys to maintain our ranking so that's why we only want to send in the best team do you guys understand?"

Jackson, the manager of band club raised his hand, wanting to say something. "Yes Jackson?"

"Sir, we third year has discussed and agreed to give this chance to the freshman and sophomore team *(p/s: the sophomore team is The rose. I'm sure you guys know them.) to go for it and we will make sure to guide them properly, if that's ok for you sir."

Nodding his head, Jinyoung also think that will be good idea. "Ok Jackson, i'll inform the higher ups about this. So i hope you guys will guide and help them as much as you can." Earning a nodding from the third year, he make his way out of the room.

But before he could go any further, Woosung, from the sophomore team stop him. "Sir, are we still going to have the preliminary test because i think it is unnecessary now." Jinyoung raised his eyebrow at that. "And why is that woosung?"

"Since the senior already withdrawn themselves, that left only us to go right? So why bother to hold a test." His words earning a nods from other sophomore team. "Woosung did you forget that we received new members today? I mean, they are still here as you can see."

"I know sir, but they are still freshman, there are still so many things for them to learn before qualified enough to go for such an important competition. I don't think they can even play the instruments well yet." He proudly said. Before Jinyoung could say anything, Hongki, the leader of the band club beat him.

"And how are you so sure they are not qualified enough to go for it? Maybe they will beat your team? You'll never know that." And that earned him a glare from the sophomores which he don't give a about. "What Hongki said was right Woosung. We still don't know about their talent and they are alredy an official member of our club so we can't leave them out."

"Then why don't we hear a litlle bit of their 'talent'." He emphasized the last word. "Isn't that gonna be much better and easier for you to decide if they are qualified enough sir. Don't you guys think so our dear freshman?" If their eyes could be a laser, they would be boring a hole in each other's head by now, between the freshman and sophomore, except Jae who's shuddering at the tense atmosphere. "We're good if you won't mind taking back what you said ." Wonpil step out, hand in his pocekt, eyes giving a death glare. Before Woosung could say anything Jae beat him first. "Guys i think we shouldn't, afterall we hasn't played for a long time now." Jae wrap his small hand around wonpil's arm who seems like he would throw a punch in that woosung guy face in any moment.

"I agree with that er there you guys should just back off before you lose your face." Smirking, as he proudly said that.

"Who are you a calling a er " Dowoon's had enough. Insulting his bestfriend means insulting him. He's ready to give that woosung guy a good beating when Yonghwa come in between them grabing Dowoon's arm, stoping him from doing anything. Jinyoung also step over between them, to avoid a bigger problem.

"Guys stop it you don't need to fight because of this. Woosung watch your mouth. Dowoon control your temper. Right now i want you guys to come to a conclusion to solve this. And i don't want any fight or i'll demerit all of you." Jinyoung said in firm tone.

"I don't care i want them to show their ing right now. Hell i really want to see what so special of you guys to even compete with us. " Woosung stubbornly said.

" Take back what you said to him you ing ." Sungjin's patience is running low.

"Ok fine. Only if i think you guys are qualified enough to even be in here."

With that being said, Wonpil drag the terrified Jae by his hand towards the guitar stand then take the electric guitar and sling it across Jae's shoulder and place the pick between his lips before he move to the keyboard and synth, Dowoon behind drum and Sungjin with bass in his hand. "Watch and learn." Sungjin said, clearly mocking him.

"Move that beautiful fingers of yours show them what you worth of Jae." Clearly he can't say no to the bow-before-me Wonpil now. He just sigh, not knowing what to play, but after getting a glance of Younghyun's face who's eyeing them, a song came across his mind. He turn to look at Wonpil "BM Medley." And that simple words was enough for them to know what he want.

The song start with Wonpil's finger moving gracefully on the keys followed by Jae's sudden raspy voice greeting them then a sudden change to a higher note. Honestly they never expect Jae's angelic voice could let out that kind of voice. The Jae in front of them who's slayin the song looks like a completely different person to them. They can see Jae was having trouble with his confidence at the start but as the song went on he start to gain his confidence when he saw the way the senior and Jinyoung look at them proudly. The arguement soon forgotten and they just enjoying the song. Their little dance cause the the senior and even Jinyoung to let out an amused chuckled at how cute their freshman is.

The song went on, the senior started to get hype with the upbeat song blasting through the whole room. And obviously the sophomore is not liking any bit of it. *(p/s: Jae's part is his and Younghyun's part in the original song. I hope that don't confused you guys.)

Soon the song came to its end, followed by a big claps. Without a word all of them turn to look at Woosung who's having a im-not-done-with-you look. "So?" Wonpil step out, crossing his arm. 

"Aish i don't feel like playing anymore." He stomped out of the room with such ty look followed by his teammate clearly mad and embarrassed . Right after the door closed, leaving them in the room,  Hwe seung step towards them and highfive them "Whoaa where did you guys learn that you guys are much better than i thought."

"I praise you guys." Jinyoung said simply with such a im-so-proud-of-you look.

"You guys totally got me there" Yonghwa join in.

"And i never know i would see a slayin chicken in my lifetime" And everyone laugh at Jackson's remark. "But i really want to know why they looked so offended by us." Dwoon said out of pure curiosity. Jinyoung just shake his head reassuringly towards them "It's because they really want to go for the competetion. Last year we sent your senior here but they accepted it as they thought they are still a freshman that time so now that they are already in their second they thought they can represent our university this year. But i know they don't agree about the preliminary test because they thought they have full aothority this year."

"Then why don't you just send them in this year, honestly we won't mind it and plus they are in their second year now so aren't they more skillful than us." Sungjin said as he place the bass at its stand. "That is the problem. They are already in their second year but they are not...that...capable(?)" Jackson try to find the best word without sounding rude as the freshman is still here with them. 

"Just say it really." Younghyun finally said something.

"Ok fine, honestly they are not qualified enough to compete. We know how competitive it was and with their skill now, they won't even pass to the semi final round." Jackson finally said what's on his mind. The freshman nod at that.

"Ok guys enough about them, you guys go practice for tomorrow and for you guys, i give you a day off today since your senior would be using this room for today. Understand?" earning a nod from them, he step out of the room. "Then we'll be going first hyung, Goodluck for tomorrow." Sungjin wish their senior before they bow to them and head out of the room.

But before all of them could get out of the room, Jackson came and whisper something to Jae. "Can i?" Jae questioned him after Jackson said whatever it was to him. Jackson nod at his quetion. "But i'm afraid i'll disturb them." he take a look at the seniors who's chatting among themselves while preparing the instruments. Hearing that, Jackson ruffled Jae's hair softly. "You silly kid." He then turn towards his friends "Hey, what do you guys think if we have a little audience for today?" keeping his hand on Jae's head.

"Ohh our little Jae want to see us performing?~ I'm deeply honored." Yonghwa exaggerating with his hand on his chest, bringing laughter to all of them. "Of course you can Jae as long as you make sure to give us your best cheer later." Hongki said, obviously won't mind Jae being there. "And it must be cute" Added hweseung "See i told you they won't mind" Jackson pat his shoulder ressuringly. But that was not enough to convince Jae. He keep looking at certain someone who's still not saying anything and that don't miss Jackson sight. "Ahemm" that was enough to caught Younghyun's attention. He look towards them, then Jackson point his head towards Jae who's beside him. That caused Younghyun clear his throat before saying "i don't mind." And that was enough to bring a smile on the chicken's sweet face. 

"yayyy thank you hyung." He thanks them with a grin. Before he could walk away following Jackson, Sungjin who's been beside him all the time grab his arm. "Are you going to be okay alone?" Sungjin ask him worriedly. Wonpil and Dowoon has gone since while ago, leaving him and Jae and he need to meet their professor after this so he can't stay here longer. "Don't worry Sungjin his hyung is here to take care of him if anything." Jackson pat his shoulder, reassuring him that he can entrust Jae to him.

He let out a deep sigh before finally say something "Take care of him hyung and if he make any trouble just tell me." Jackson chuckled at the way Sungjin is acting now. "You're being like his mom sungjin. Don't worry ok i'll take a really really really good care of him." Feeling satisfied with that, he turn to look at Jae "And you don't make any trouble and please don't get lost. If anything just call any of us understand?" Jae nod at him "Yes mom~". Sungjin ruffle his hair before head out of the room.

Jackson pull Jae by his hand and sit him on the sofa with him facing them. They play the songs they are going to perform for tomorrow with Hongki behind the drums, Yonghwa behind the keys, Younghyun with bass in his hand and Hwe seung with electric guitar. When the song come to its end, they were welcomed with a chicken clapping its hand with glee. "That was awesome hyung you guys were just like a real celebrity. " His big smile not leaving his face.

"You do know how to flatter us chicken." Hongki smile playfuly at him, earning a cute giggle from the chicken"Whoa my throat feels so dry after all that singing." Yonghwa whined. "Me too." Hwe seung rub his neck as if that will help him in any way. Then the light bulb pop on none other than the chicke'n head. He step towards where all his hyung were at. "I can go buy you a drink hyung just tell me what you want."

"You really are a thoughtful chicken but it's okay, hyung is alright." Yonghwa ruffled his hair. "Nah uh just take it as a thank you for letting me stay here watching you guys practice."

"Then let me go with you." Jackson said, standing up from his seat but Jae stop him fast. "No hyung you stay here you still have to monitor them practice right, i can go on my own i'm a big boy now." His hand on his chest, his face expressed a proud look. "Jae i'm worried you'll get lost." Jackson insist.

"Hyung i've memorized everything and i have my phone with me so there's nothing for you to be worried about." Jackson just let out a deep sigh at that "Make sure to call me if anything understand?"

"Yes hyung i'm just going to the store really. So what do you want?"

"lemon tea."

"Orange juice for me~" Yonghwa said his. "Mine apple juice." Followed by Hongki and "lemon tea also" by Hwe seung .He then go to Yonghyun and ask him personally. "What about you Younghyun..hyung?"  He ask, feeling not sure if Younghyun don't mind Jae calling him hyung but seeing that younghyun don't say anything about that then he guess it's find to to call him that. "Anything but lactose." 

"Okay hyung. I'll be going first." He waved towards them and recieved the same. The he walk out of the room, not missing "Take care Jaejae~"  from Yonghwa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His chicken feet waddle along the hallway with the drinks in his hand and a cranberry juice in his other hand. He thought of giving it personally to Younghyun so he hold onto it separately. Before he could get back to the room, his bladder alrmed him and he know he cna't hold it in longer. He make a turn towards the toilet but then in bind whether to leave the drinks outside or to bring it with  him but the latter is too digusting but then he can't just leave it here. The he thought of something. He bring it with him and leave it on the sink counter. Then he quickly run into one of the stall, doing his business. *(p/s: ik this embarassing but Jae is the type to do his business privately no matter the big one or smaller one.)

After done, he get out then wash his hand. He was about to take the plastic bag when he found Younghyun's drink is inside the plastic along with the others. 'I'm sure i leave it beside the plastic how did it get in there. Or did i put it myself but i don't remeber it? Yes maybe that's it.' Settle down his internal conflict, he take out Younghyun's drink to hold it separately then get out of the toilet heading back to the room.

"I'm back~" He said as soon as he opened the door, finding his the hyung tuning their instrument for other song. "Hey chicken why you took so long we even thought of going out to find you if you're still not back in another minutes." Hongki come to check up on him.

"Sorry to make you worried hyung i just went to the toilet and i'm okay." Reassuring Hongki who's checking up his whole body. "Next time tell us if you're going anywhere else beforehand ok." Yonghwa said from his seat.

"Haikk you guys are just like Sungjin acting like a mom. By the way here's your drinks hyung" He hand the plastic to Hongki,earning a "thank you chicken" before pass out the drink to others.

He then go to Younghyun and hand him his drink with his sweet smile plastered on his small face. "Here's yours hyung, i've already checked for the lactose and no worry it contained no lactose so you can drink it safely." He said with a proud grin. Younghyun can't help but to let out a small chuckled at how the chicken feels so proud of the small act. *(p/s: Don't get it wrong he doesn't mean it in a bad way.) Honestly he find it cute. "Thank you." as he ruffled his Jae's hair softly. And that was enough to freeze the chicken on his spot with reddening cheek.

"Jae are you ok you're turning red." Without hesitation he bring his hand onto Jae's forehead feeling it fully and to his surprise it feels hot. " Jae i think it's better for you to go to the doctor you're way too hot right now." 

"Ahemm why don't you just go bring him there who knows if he suddenly pass out alone and kidnapped by any ert out there. Poor our little Jae" Emphasizing the 'you', wiping his fake tears Yonghwa obviously is teasing Younghyun. Realizing the situation, he quickly withdraw his hand away and went to smack Yonghwa's head earning a loud whined from him. Jae who was still in dazed awoken by Yonghwa's loud whining went straight and stamp his redden face whole on Jackson's back who then pat his head.

Feeling satisfied enough seeing Yonghwa beaten up by Younghyun, Hongki decided to stop them. "Ok guys let's continue our practice Jinyoung gonna whipped our if he knows we aren't practicing properly." Obeying the leader, they went to their respective spot, not forgetting to take the last sip of their drink before continuing their long practice. "Hyung i'll be going back first." Not waiting for Jackson's reply Jae quickly went out of the practice room heading back to the dorm with his still redden face.

Not long after that he got a text message from Jackson 'text me when you're there.' replying with an 'ok' he walk straight to his room.

He enter his room and close the door with a loud bang, startling Wonpil who just get out of the bathroom in his robe and Dowoon who's using his laptop on his bed. "Yah why are you so red you're not feeling well? Need the doctor?" Wonpil went staright to Jae who's leaning against the door and feel his forehead. "Your temperature's bit high Jae, how are you feeling?"

"Oh ah i'm ok i'm.. yeah i'm good." He answered, more like convincing himself actually. "Jae you better tell us why before i drag you to the hospital myself." Dowoon said as he approach Jae and pull him to sit on his bed. "Guys... i think i'm in love" He said in Dazed. 

"What?" Wonpil and Dowoon turn around just to find Sunjin who's back from a meeting looking straight at Jae who's still in dazed. "That's right Jae what are you saying you've never been in love how can you be sure of it, i think it is just your fever." Said wonpil. "What i thought he was just fine this morning." Worried evident in his voice. Sungjin put his bag down beside the bed before crouching down to Jae's level and feel his forehead.

Before he could say anything, Jae pull his hand away lightly  "Guys i'm serious i mean,.. mommy told me that.. if you're in love with someone it will beat so fast in here and you will feel all hot when that person get near you." He said as he placed his hand on his chest at where his heart are, staring into space "And that was what i felt when i'm with Younghyun hyung." His last words came in whisper but enough for them to heard it clearly.


So i hope you guys like this chapter and sorry for all the mistakes.