First encounter

A blessing in disguise

"Each group form a line so your leader can check your attendance!"  All the students do as instructed by the head senior. As the leader of the C team, Luhan, count the member of his team, one person is missing. He looks through the name list and find out that it's Jae. Then he circle at the name as a sign that Jae is not there. He hand the clipboard to Jackson as the other leaders did the same thing. Jackson and the other senior scan through the name list and it was fine until Sehun, one of the senior whisper something to Jackson. "The Jae boy is not here." Jackson then look at the C team And it's true, Jae is not there. "Anyone know where your friend named Jae is?" After a second, Sungjin raise his hand. "Yes Sungjin?" Sungjin then stand up as a sign of politness. "He was having a stomachache this morning but he said that he will make sure to join the meeting once he is fine." Jackson then instructed sehun to leave the C team name list aside cause if Jae come later they will mark him as present. "Thank you Sungjin you may sit."

"Thank you" Sungjin sit back in his place. Then wonpil and dowoon high five him as they succeed in covering up Jae. The activity then goes on as planned.

Meanwhile at Computer science department

A certain chicken is walking through the unfamiliar hallway, finding for anyone to ask for someone. About 30 minutes wandering around the building he finally found the gathering hall of science department. He peek through the door and saw a line of senior standing in front, watching their freshman playing game of possibilities. He scan through the entire hall but find no certain senior that he's looking for. "It's weird... i'm sure sungjin told me he's in charge so where is he?" asking himself, he don't realize someone was standing behind him, questioning himself if he's looking at a hooman or a chicken. 'tap tap' Jae felt someone tap his shoulder but he's too busy to mind it. "Excuse me but who are you?" that's when he realized what he was doing. Cursing in his mind he turn around to face the person, ready to apologize. But everything stuck in his throat when he saw who it was. It is the same senior wearing the same outfit from yesterday. Yes, the one he was finding for. 'He is too hot god save me from this dazzling creature.' He's drooling. 

"Excuse me are you okay.?" The guy wave his hand in front of Jae, worried since the boy is not moving nor saying anything. " Earth to boy. Hey wake up" He start to shake the chicken in front of him on his shoulder. After a number of tries finally the chicken back from his thoughts and suddenly he take a step back and do a big bow to him before standing straight and look straight at the senior.

"Hello my name is jae, fresman from music department and i'm here to tell you that i like you." He said all that in one breath. Younghyun stare at him with confused looks. 'What is this chicken saying'. He thought. " Thanks for that but sorry i can't accept you."  He try to smile politely as rejecting him ."Ehh why can't? Do you already have a girlfriend?" Jae look at him with hopeful eyes." No i don't" The senior shake his head. "Then why? You don't even know me yet." The hopeful eyes now turn to the sad one.

"Well that's what i'm saying. I don't even know you Jae." 

"Well you can try to get to know me first before you decide if you want to accept me or not." Jae said, determination evident in his voice. "Ok ...but what if i still don't like you then?"

"then i'll leave you alone after that."

"Well ok then. Do your best." He smile at Jae before make his way to the hall leaving jae melting on his spot because of his beautiful smile. 

Back to the music department hall

Hour passed, all the freshman was playing a human knot in their own team. In the middle of the game, a familiar bouncing chicken make his entrance, running straight to where the senior is. "I'm sorry sunbae something came up this morning i promise i won't be late again." He bow deeply to them before stand straight again. Sehun approach him and pat his shoulder ."It's okay your friend already told us and don't worry if you're not feeling well again you don't have to come but just remember to give a call or send a text to any of us in charge and make sure you got an mc from the doctor understand?"

"Yes sunbae i understand and thank you." He bow to him again. "Yah just call me sehun hyung don't need to be too formal." Jae smile widely at him. "Ok sehun hyung."  "put your bag down and go join your team." Jae do as told and go towards his team, grabbing any hand he could reach for. And he don't forget to thanks his friends for sure. "Thanks guys, for covering me up." He whisper to them and got a wink as a reply. The day went by smoothly until it's time to go back.

That night after their nice shower all of them sit on Jae's bed, waiting for the story. Jae told them everything happened from the start. "Ohh i thought he would just cut you off heartlessly since he seems so cold." Commented wonpil, amazement evident in his voice. "Well for me it was just his way to say that Jae got no chance since he's not going to fall for him no matter what." Sungjin smash dowoon's head with the pillow near him for saying that. "Yah how could you say something so mean it was just his first time and i consider it was good enough that younghyun didn't brush him off right away."

"Okay i'm sorry but i was just saying that out of experience." He rub his poor head. "It's ok i don't care what you said because i've promised myself to give my all and make him fall for me." Confident look plastered on his face as he look into space. "Ok you chicken we wish you the best now let's sleep i'm tired from all the stretching." Wonpil brush Jae's smooth hair as he said that. All of them head to their bed, waiting for sungjin to turn the light off. "Guys where's the remote it's not with me." Sungjin fish around on his bed but find neither the light remote or the aircond remote. " Oh it's with me." said wonpil, turning off the light, leaving the bedside lamp on. "Aircond with me." Followed by dowoon, turning on the aircond. "Goodnight guys~" They wish in unison.


You guys wonder how Jae got the idea to confess so early in the morning? Let's have a lil flasback.

That morning they were wearing their ootd at their own clothrail when Jae suddenly ask them "Guys what should i do?" He look towards them while wearing his t shirt. "What are you talking about chicken?" Wonpil ask him lazily since he was still half asleep. "Younghyun." That short reply is enough for them to understand what he meant. "Well if you want something cliche and simple just confess to him." replied sungjin, reaching for his shoes. "Confess? how?" Jae look at sungjin with questioned look. "Just go and tell him your true feelings towards him. That's the most simple yet sincere confession for beginner like you." Jae nod his head at that. "You're free to come cry to us if he reject you. We'll make sure he regret it later." replied dowoon out of nowhere while tying his shoelace, eyes fixed on it. His words warms Jae's heart. All his friend knew that's just how Dowoon is. Just how he looks, he was relly hard to befriend with. It took them 6 months to make dowoon accept them as his friends.

It was their sophomore year in high school and Dowoon was a new student. He was so quiet. He just brushed off anyone who approached him. He thought that he rather be alone than to deal with human stupidity. But yeah, a certain chicken just won't give up easily. Once he set his mind on it he will make sure to do it till the end. Everyday he follow dowoon everywhere since they were in the same class it is easier for him. Cafe, library, backyard, lab, gym even toillet just say it wherever dowoon is that's where the chicken is. Sungjin and wonpil even told him to just give up cause it's been three months but dowoon just won't open up to him. Dowoon even warned Jae to not follow him anymore cause yeah he hate to deal with human stupidity and you know how dumb Jae is. But that never works on Jae. He still follow him everywhere. Until one day it reached his limit and Dowoon yell at Jae to stop bothering him and swear at him. Well that pretty much got Jae. You know how naive Jae is. That evening when he met wonpil and sungjin at wonpil's house he bawl his eyes out at them. Seeing that, they won't stay still for sure.

The next day they confront Dowoon about it. Wonpil almost throw a punch right in his face for saying that Jae is just an idiot who doen't know his place right in front of him but Sungjin stop him cause he didn't want this matter to be known by teacher. Actually that incident has soften Dowoon's heart. He never know a friend would protect their friends till that extend. Well Jae still follow him around like always but this time he start to open up to him. Knowing that, Sungjin and Wonpil also didn't hesitate to let him join the group despite things he has done to Jae. Yeah 6 months and they were finaly friends. Dowoon didn't forget to say his apology for sure but of course the optimist Jae find it as nothing.

Remembering that, Jae suddenly got the courage to confess to younghyun. "Okie dokie Park Jaehyung is ready for the battle. Guys cover up for me cause i will skip today." Getting a thumbs up as a reply he dash out of the room heading towards computer science department. "YAH DON'T GET LOST MY LIL CHICKEN!" Wonpil's voice heard from inside the room. And they also head out to the hall for the meeting.


So tha's how Jae got the courage to confess to his crush ;)

so i hope you guys enjoy this story and i'm sorry for all mistakes.