Jae's missing

A blessing in disguise

I wrote this chapter while listening to "For the love of a daughter nightcore" and it's seriously heart wrenching :')

_________________________________________________________________________

Everything was going well until it's time for all of the students to go back home for a 2 week holiday. Everyone in the university was very happy except for the four students who were packing their stuff in their room.

"Are you sure you will be alright? You can go to my home if you want." Said Wonpil who's looking at the blonde with worried eyes.

"I'll be fine pil, it's only 2 weeks." He answered with his famous smile.

All of them were worried about this one friend of theirs. He would be alone at home and plus, his mother's death anniversary is nearing. They know that the blonde is already used to it but they also know that he's only putting up a front. They wanted to be with the blonde on that day but all of them have a plan with their own family so the blonde is gonna be all alone and they are dead worried about him.

"If you need us there, just give us a call okay?" Dowoon said while patting the shorter's head and the blonde nods to that.

Soon, all of them are on their back to their respective home.

Jae sits quietly at the backseat while looking out of the window. The university building is slowly fading away from his sight. He sighs inwardly, hating at the thought of being at home for 2 weeks.

 'It's too long.' he thought to himself.

"Young master, do you want to make a stop anywhere before going back?" Asked the man in the black suit who's sitting in the passenger seat.

"No." He answered shortly.

"Understood."

Soon enough, they reach the mansion where the blonde will be living in for the upcoming 2 weeks. He used to love living there until three years ago when everything fell apart.

The first week, everything was good, he's been texting and video calling with his friends and from time to time, he would exchanging texts with Younghyun too. Every day, he would be cooped up in the theatre room watching movies until late midnight. All of that managed to distract him from the loneliness until... his dad came back home on the first day of the second week. Ever since then, he has become very unstable.
 

The next day, he was eating in the kitchen when his dad suddenly come and take a sit in front of him.

"What do you want?" He asked coldly, not looking at the man.

"Can't I come back home to see my son?" The man said calmly.

"You were never home anyway so why bother."

"Fine, I just want to tell you to stop playing around now and come to work at the company."

Without saying anything, he put down the spoon and get up from his seat.

"Sit down." Said the man sternly.

"I lost my appetite." He said before walking away.

"Park Jae Hyung!" Shouted the old man but the boy gives no attention to him. The man who was filled with anger, get up and grab his son's arm tight.

"Ow! Let me go you're hurting me!" He tries to pull his arm away but the grip only becomes stronger.

"What has become of you Jaehyung?! Have you forgotten who gave you everything that you have now?!"He shouted at the younger.

"IS IT ME OR YOU THAT HAVE FORGOTTEN EVERYTHING?!" He screamed in tears. "You're only a workaholic man. You neglected us. You never came when mom was in the hospital. The funeral, you only came to get it done and after that? You were gone again. You were never there when everything was so hard on me. You asked me what have I become but what about you? You forgot that you were a husband and a father and now what? You want to make me your colleague? Is ruining my life not enough for you?"

"You have become so rude Park Jaehyung."

"Do you, deserve any respect, father?" He said mockingly.

Feeling angry, he slapped the boy and in a blink of an eye, he's on the floor with a red cheek. A string of blood flows by the corner of his lips. Instead of crying harder, he laughs while holding his stinging face. "I was never wrong. You never see me as your son but only your heir. Do you, even remember what day is tomorrow?"

"You should be grateful that you are inheriting all of this wealthiness." He ignored the boy and said cockily.

He looks at the person who he called as a father, dead in the eye, "I'd rather go with mom than staying with a monster like you." Then, another slap landed on his face.

"I was wrong. I shouldn't have continue living!" He shouted in tears before running out of the house.

In the cold weather with only a t-shirt and sweatpants, no shoes on, he runs to wherever his heart brings him to. 

He keeps running in tears until he stopped and found himself standing by his mom's grave. He went weak, he falls on his knee and he hugs the gravestone tight. That's it, he finally breaks down. The act he's been putting up all this time has fallen apart. He doesn't know what to do. All he could do was to cry his heart out until he has no tears left to cry. He cried for hours until he fell asleep by his mother's grave.

Rain is hitting the ground and the boy has no intention of going back to the place he used to call 'home'.

Soon, darkness approaches the city of Seoul.
 

Meanwhile back at home, his phone has been ringing for times, countless messages have been coming in. Of course, all of them were mainly from his three friends.

Wonpil was worried sick when he can't reach the other. He has not shut them out like this for already a long time now so it is very worrying when he does. After the countless missed call, he decided to call Sungjin and Dowoon. The line connected after a few ringing.

"Guys I can't reach Jae." He said in a worried tone.

"Me too, he has been ignoring my text ever since this evening." Said Dowoon.

"I called his butler just now and he said... Jae's father is home." Said Sungjin.

"WHAT? When did he come back?" 

"Yesterday and they said Jae had a fight with him this evening and he hasn't come back since." 

", I never thought he would go back home. Now I'm even more worried about Jae." Said Wonpil. He's already pacing in his room.

"Guys, it's tomorrow, I think he must have gone there." Said Dowoon after much thinking.

"I think so too. But all of us are far away, we can't go to him." Sungjin sigh deeply, thinking about the boy staying out in cold, alone.

"Why don't we ask his butler or anyone in the house to go and get him?" Asked Wonpil.

"I don't think that's a good idea. He would hide if he sees them anywhere near. You know how Jae is." Said Sungjin dejectedly.

"I know one person who can." Dowoon finally speak up.

"Who?"

"Younghyun."

"But, is he willing to help?" Wonpil asks in doubt.

"I'm sure he is, try to give him a call now."

"I will do that." Said Sungjin before hanging up the call.

He dials the elder's the number and after a few ringing, the line is connected.

"Hey Sungjin, I was about to text you. Do you know why Jae is not replying to my text?"

"That is what I am calling you for. Listen, we need your help, now."

"Ok, what do you need?"

"Are you in Seoul right now?"

"Yeah I am."

"Ok I don't have the time to tell you everything, but I need you to go to the Seoul Memorial Park now. Something happened in Jae's house and he's hiding there."

"How can you be so sure that he's there and plus, in this heavy rain?"

"Tomorrow is his mother's death anniversary." 

Younghyun's drop-dead shocked at what he heard. Quickly he grabs for his jacket and ran out of the house to catch for a taxi and luckily, he got one. "Seoul Memorial Park please." He said to the driver.

"Why didn't he say anything?" He asked again after settled down in the taxi.

"Do you think he would? You don't know how Jae is?"

"How do you think I would know something that he never showed me?" Now they are fighting among each other.

"Hahhh ok, my bad. Look, just please take care of him and please don't bring him back to his house yet. That is the last place he should be at now."

"Got it."

And soon he arrived at the place. It's only drizzling now but the weather is still very cold. He didn't forget to ask the driver to wait for him.

He runs into the building, hoping to find the blonde. He went into every corner of the place and the blonde is never in his sight. Finally, he stops to catch his breath. 

"Where the hell are you Jaeyung..." He huffs out between his heavy breathing. Then only he realized there's one more place he is yet to check. The graveyard. "." He cursed out before continue running.

 At the thought of the younger being in rain on the open graveyard makes him worried sick.

He pushes the door open and came into the yard. He climbs to the highest peak of the yard and he finally saw a small lump by one of the grave. He strides along the graves until he's standing in front of one grave with the name "Park Kyung Nam" carved onto the gravestone.

There, the one he's been looking for is curling up by the grave. He's laying on the ground while hugging his drenched body, his face is as pale as death, barefooted, and he's become thinner too.

He knelt down by the younger and collect him in his arm. His whole body is freezing and his hair is damp. By instinct, he quickly takes off his jacket and wraps it around the blonde. He checks the younger's body thoroughly and he could see his swollen cheeks and bruised arm. He's even more worried now. Carefully he picks him up in his arms and brings him down to the car.

"Bring us back to the apartment." He said to the driver and the man drives away from the place.

He brings the blonde close into his embrace, attempting to warm him up. 

Soon they arrive in front of the apartment complex. Younghyun paid the man before carrying the boy up to his house.

He put the skinny boy on his bed and proceeded to take off his clothes. He wipes the other's body using a warm towel and treated his bruises before putting on a new warm shirt for the boy.

After done, he just sits there and looks at the pale boy. The boy who was usually beamed with cheerfulness is looking very pitiful. The face that was always decorated with a bright smile is looking dull. He sighs inwardly, wishing for whatever the younger is facing would end soon enough. 

He tucks him in properly then go to prepare the sofa for himself. 

That night he sleeps on the sofa but from time to time he would be awakened by the boy's flinches or coughing and he will make sure that he is fine every time before going back to sleep.