He opens up

A blessing in disguise

I'm back!!! I honestly didn't plan on updating this chapter but since I got a little bit of time, I guess I will just update this book. After all, it's been long since I met you guys and I feel bad for you guys who have been waiting for the update so here I am~By the way, I've done a little bit of editing in the last chapter so make sure to read it first before reading this one.

 

 

The next morning Younghyun and Jackosn woke up early to go for a jog nearby the villa. After an hour of working themselves out, they decided to take a rest by the river. "It's been long isn't it?" Jackson said as they sit down on the ground. "Right. I love the air up here the most, it's refreshing." He replied, eyes on the clear morning sky.

"Why didn't Mark come with us this time? He's already like a permanent of our club that it feels weird when he's not joining our group activity." Jackson chuckles at that. It does feel a little bit out of place when his boyfriend is not here to join them because he always did.

"He's a law student after all and in his third year on top of that so he's been occupied with lots of assignment and we have also been talking less lately." Younghyun looks at the latter when he senses a slight sadness in his voice. "You know it's for his future, and I'm sure he's not doing that on purpose. If he can't even talk with you must means that he's really busy. He always makes time for you no matter how busy he was, so I'm sure this time he trusts in you that you will trust and wait for him. I'm sure that your relationship is strong enough to bear this simple test." He pats the other's shoulder as an act of reassuring.

"You're right, something like this won't affect our relationship." He said in a more confident tone. A second after he said that, a notification came into his phone. He pulls it out and saw that it was his boyfriend sending a good morning text. Younghyun who saw the smile on the other's face know what is up. "See? He even remembers to wish you a good morning though he maybe didn't even sleep last night."

"What about you? Aren't you attending your wounded angel?" He said after replying to his lover.

 "I am but after we go back. I'm sure he's not awake yet." Jackson's eyebrows perked up at that.

"Is this your way of admitting that you're captured by his charm? You didn't deny what I said~" He sang teasingly.

"What's the use of it if you're gonna say it again."

"I see that you have changed so much ever since you met him. I like these changes of you."

"What changes, I'm still the same Kang Younghyun."

"I didn't say anything about you changing to someone else, I mean, your attitude has changed. You started to care about someone else and I can see that you've opened up your heart for him. Guess it was right of me to help him get you."

"Honestly I don't even know what I feel anymore. One moment I'm annoyed by him and another moment I'm feeling all warm from his innocent act. One second I wanna throw him off a cliff, another second I felt the need to embrace him from any kind of danger out there. I've become a total messed up just because of one person."

"See, this also one of the good changes of you."

"How is it good really, everything is just so messy."

"He makes you having those mixed feelings again. The Kang Younghyun before this was someone who would always have it empty and depressing but Jae made you experience those feelings like how a normal human does again. I'm sure that the presence of him in your life will bring you a miracle." Younghyun shakes his head at the nonsense that his friend is spouting out. He looks at his wristwatch and it's pointing at 7:30 o'clock. "Let's go back, I wanna take a bath after all of that sweating." He said while getting up and walk away.

"Wanna take a bath or wanna check on your boy huh?" He said in a teasing manner while catching up to his side.

"Fine, you win. I'm sure Jinyoung is not up yet and Jae needs extra care right now so he should have his meal punctually."

"Ohohoho so you're serving your wife breakfast made by your golden hand~~" And Younghyun had enough of his teasing. "You sure are asking for a beating right." And that's the cue for him to run. "COME HERE!!!" And that's how they came back to the villa while running and chasing like a little kid.

As expected, the whole villa is still quiet and peaceful. "Call me when breakfast is done." Jackson taps his friend's shoulder before running for his life when Younghyun was about to kick him in the .

He zips down his jacket and put it on the kitchen table before taking out all the ingredients needed for what he's making. There aren't many ingredients left in the fridge so he resorted to making a chicken and ginger porridge and a rolled eggs.

The porridge is almost done so he is starting on the egg. He was half-way on beating it when he heard someone came into the kitchen. 

"I didn't call you yet-" His words stopped when he turned around and saw that it was Jae. "Then I'll just go back-" Jae who thought that Younghyun was scolding him for disturbing him while cooking decided to just go back into his room but Younghyun stops him. "Hey wait." He put down the bowl and reach for the younger's arm. "I didn't mean to say that to you, I thought it was Jackson just now. Come here, you should be sitting." He leads the boy to one on the chair and sits him there. 

"It's still chilly now, you should have wear thicker if you're coming outside." He said when he noticed the blonde is only in one layer of cloth. Without a second thought, he reached for his jacket and put it around the younger's smaller figure. "Just wait for a few more minutes and breakfast will be done." and he goes back to his cooking. 

Jae just sits there and look at the elder's back in silence. He likes the way he's feeling right now. The warmth that he never felt when one woke up in the morning and someone is there in the kitchen making you breakfast. He is glad to be experiencing the beautiful moment with someone that he loves.

"Here you go, an egg roll with a chicken and ginger porridge." He was woken up from his thought by Younghyun who's putting the foods in front of him.

"Thank you Younghyun hyung." He smiles at that elder who then did the same to him."Most welcome." He replies while sitting down in front of the latter and starting on his food. 

"How are you feeling?" Younghyun asks the younger who's chewing his food slowly due to the plastered wound on his cheek. "Much better, only that my body is a bit sore from the falling yesterday." And Younghyun nods at that. 

Soon they were done eating, Younghyun helps Jae back to his room and sits him down on the bed. He put the blanket over the blonde's lap and sit beside him. "I'm not a pro but I do know a little bit." He said, and Jae who was going to ask what elder meant was then answered when Younghyun takes his arm in his hand and starts to massage it gently. The boy is too thin that he's afraid of breaking him.

"Younghyun hyung, can I ask you something?" He asks him softly. "What?" He replied, eyes still on his arm.

"How can you be so good at taking care of someone? Have you take care of a patient before?" And Younghyun froze at his question. It took him a while before he could process everything and continue with what he was doing.

"My ex-girlfriend used to be bedridden before." And Jae went quiet at that one sentence.It was a good 5 minutes of silence before Jae find up the courage to ask him more about it. "Why did you guys break up?" He asks carefully and Younghyun shows no sign of anger and instead, he calmly answered the blonde. 

"She left me without any notice and I haven't heard about her until now. Guess she has moved on to someone better." He said while gently pressing the younger's hand.

"I'm guessing you still love her."

"I don't know too myself. I did love her dearly but after what she did to me, I somehow lost myself and I can't even figure out my own feelings now."

"What would you do if one day she came back and said that she wants to be with you again?" Then he realized that he used to always hope for her to come back to him but he never thinks of what would he do if she did come back.

"I don't know and I don't want to think about it." He put down the younger's hand in his laps and get up from the bed. "Sleep some more. You need to rest and don't mess up your head with useless thoughts." He said before going out of the room. 

Jae who's now left alone in the quiet room with his three sleeping best friends is falling deep into his thought. He can't help but think that he won't stand a chance to win Younghyun because he still can't forget about his ex-girlfriend and how down the blonde became because of that.

Later that afternoon, Sungjin helps Jae to pack his things as they are going back today and of course, the depressed Jae doesn't go unnoticed by his friends.

"Jae are you okay? Feeling hurt somewhere?" Wonpil asks worriedly and went to sit beside the sad chicken on the bed. 

"It hurts so bad, here." He points at his left chest and his expression is still unchanged.

"Why? Did Younghyun say anything bad to you?" And Jae shakes his head at that. "I should be happy that he opened up to me but I don't know why am I feeling like this."

"What did he tell you?" Sungjin asks while keeping his clothes inside his bag. 

"Just some things about his ex-girlfriend." And their jaw dropped at that. "Out of all things, he chose to open up to you about that? Wahh how rude can he be really." Wonpil said in disbelief.
 

"But doesn't that means he's comfortable with you? Because telling someone about your past relationship would be painful, isn't it?" Dowoon said while zipping up his bag. Wonpil looks at him in shock. "Are you sick or have you lost mind? Why are you siding with him so suddenly?"

"I just thought that he must have his own reason for doing so."

"I wonder what stupid reasons does he have," Wonpil said in annoyance. Just then, the person they were talking about came into the room. 

"We are leaving in five, Jae you need any help?" And before he could reply the elder, Wonpil beat him to it. "NO THANKS." He said it with a sarcastic wide smile. "Then I'll be going first." He said before walking out of the room. Wonpil scoff at the guy before proceeds to sling his bag on his shoulder and helps Jae getting up from the bed.

"You sure you don't want me to carry you?" Dowoon asks, with his bad on his back and Jae's in his hold. "Yeah I'm good." Jae replied.

Soon they were on their way back to the university and everyone were sound asleep until they reach a resting place.

"Finally, I'm getting some air. Jae, you want me to buy anything for you?" Wonpil asks him while stretching his limbs. "Just water please," Jae replied half asleep. Soon the bus was emptied, leaving the blonde alone with his thoughts running wild. 

He was too deep down that he didn't realize someone has come and sat beside him. The said person look at the blonde who's staring into spaces and wonder what is playing in his mind that cause such a sad look to be on his face. 

"What are you thinking about?" And he jolted at the sudden voice from his side. "You startled me! How long have you been here?" He looks at him with wide eyes.

"Not that long, here." He hands the younger a bottle of plain water and a piece of bread. "Thank you." He takes them shyly. 

"So, what were you thinking about?" He opens up his canned coffee and takes a sip of it.

"Nothing much, just personal matter." He replied, eyes on the bottle.

"Put it down if it's too heavy." Then he looks at the guy with questioned eyes. "The burden I mean." Said the guy.

They sit in silence until the blonde broke it. 

"For some reason, I'm feeling blue today but Younghyun hyung, you know, when you got emotional, some old memories somehow managed to flood your mind and it makes you even more down." He breathes out. Younghyun stays silent as a sign that he's listening.

"Whenever I'm sad, my mom would pat my hair and told me that at the end of the day, everything will be fine again. But now, I wonder how is it going to be fine again when she's not here to tell me that." His voice sounds so sad even though he's keeping a straight face.

"Why don't you call her?

"A mother, not everyone has that."

"What do you... mean? Where is your mother now?"

"Heaven." 

His heart dropped at that. He didn't expect that coming. Not knowing what to do, he just brings his hand up to the blonde's head and pats it gently.

"If you ever need comfort when you miss her again, you can...come to me." He said softly while looking somewhere else with a slight hint of blush on his cheeks. Jae looks at the elder in disbelief. "Are you serious?"

"Hm." The guy nod at that. Finally, his lips stretched into a big smile. "Thank you Younghyun hyung." The said person look at the blonde and he can't but to smile at the cute chicken in front of him.

Today, he feels much closer to Younghyun.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

More fluff coming in the next chapter!!!