His softened heart

A blessing in disguise

Two days after they came back from the holiday, the class season has started and all of them has been busy with their own classes. Both the freshman and sophomore of music club has been busy preparing for the preliminary test and Jae, well he's still bandaged here and there but he's healing fast. 

Today, the junior was more than happy when they got to know that they have permission to use the practice room for the whole day as the sophomore is not in the University currently.

They have been practising for a couple of hours and they decided to take a break after getting a whine from the chicken.

All of them take their own respective water bottle and sits on the floor together in the middle of the room but except for Jae as Sungjin get a chair for him to sit on because his feet are yet healed completely.

"Don't you guys think that our schedule has been very packed right after we're back from the villa?" Wonpil started after gulped down his water. "It is and trusts me, I'm dying." Said Dowoon. "We all are." Sungjin agreed. "And walking around with this bandages is annoying." Said Jae. 

"If you want to heal as soon as possible you better keep them on." Said a familiar voice. 

They turn around and see Jackson walking into the room followed by Mark and Younghyun. 

"Hi hyun-" 

"Younghyun Hyung!"  

Wonpil was about to greet the seniors when Jae cuts him off.

Mark chuckles at the younger. "You miss your Younghyun Hyung huh? Thank me for forcing him to come here." He said while putting down a bag of drinks and snacks that they bought for their junior. "Thank you Hyung." He whispered to Mark and get a wink as a reply.

"How's the practice guys?" Asked Jackson.

"Good but still need some more practice."

"Good. Well, Jinyoung asked me to monitor you guys and report to him any progress so can we see what have you guys prepared after you're done eating?"

"Sure Hyung." They said together while focusing on their foods. Then, both Jackson and Mark proceeded to sit on the chair by the wall.

Silently, Younghyun kneels down behind the certain blonde. "How are your wounds?"

Jae turns to face him and flashes his cute smile."It's getting better hyung and I can even play the guitar well now, just that my feet are not healed yet because I keep walking."

"Can I take a look?" He asks out of manner. The younger nods and turn the chair facing the elder. 

He takes the blonde's right leg and put it on his laps before unbandage it. As he said, his foot is not healed yet and Younghyun can see that it is still swollen. He frowns at that. 

"Stop me if it hurt." He said before slowly massaging it using his thumb.

While the others are chatting by themselves, Jae is mesmerized by the elder who has been very gentle with him.

"You need to do this every night if you want to heal faster Jae." He said while still massaging it. 

"I don't know how."

"What about your friends?" He asks while looking at the younger who's also looking at him.

"We have been very busy lately so I don't wanna disturb them and plus, it will heal sooner or later so it's okay." Younghyun sigh at that.

"It's not okay Jae, it can become worse if you keep on working out of your way with these feet of yours. Nevermind, I'll help you with it from time to time but you need to stop using your feet too much for the time being understand?" He said sternly and the younger could only nod at that.

About half an hour after, their break time has ended and they need to continue with the practice again. 

"C'mon Brian you gotta let your boy go now," Jackson said teasingly.

"Stop calling me that will ya?" he said while bandaging the younger's feet back.

"Brian? Why Brian?" Jae asks Jackson curiously. 

"We jokingly gave him that name before but somehow it sticks with him until now."

"Hmmm Brian huh, nice~," He said with a playful smirk on his face. 

"Don't you ever call me that." He said sternly as he could see what the younger is thinking.

"Hehehehe." He laughs his chicken laugh. He is then helped by Younghyun to go to his position behind the mic. 

They start to sing the song that they have practised which is cherry blossom ending. They listen to their junior attentively and without they realizing, one of them was stunned by the blonde chicken who start off first. 

If he is asked to say one thing that he likes about that boy, he would surely say his voice.

The song soon came to its end and the senior applause them for their good work.

"Perfect. I'm sure Jinyoung would be very impressed if he could listen to you guys." Said Mark.

"I think you guys can call it a day since there's nothing much to look into anymore and you must have a rest too. What do you think Younghyun?" And the said person just nods before giving a little compliment to them. "Good and I agree with Jackson, you guys should have a rest since everything's already good."

"Oh yes, finally I could take a bath early." Said Wonpil for being a bath lover.

"Let's wrap up and go back now." Said Jackson before getting a "Yes" from all of them. 

 

Soon all of them are walking down the hall together with Mark and Jackson at the most front, the other three talking between them and Jae accompanied by Younghyun at far behind because of Jae who walks slowly.

Younghyun keeps looking down at the younger's bandaged feet and he is honestly not feeling good at the thought of how much the blonde is stressing them.

"You know what," He stopped the younger by his arm, "This is stressing me way more than it should." He said before kneeling down in front of the blonde. "Get on because I seriously not feeling like seeing you being wrapped up like that for longer." 

"But I'm heavy." 

"I've carried you for times and now only you're concern about that? Just get on and stop making me suffer." 

Without saying anything, the younger complies then wrap his slender arms around the latter's neck. He securely holds the younger before standing up and starts walking again.

"Hyung can I ask you something?"

"You don't need to ask first every time. Shoot."

"Why do concern about me so much?"

It took a minute for him to answer that. "Because you're my junior and it's my duty to make sure you are safe."

"But not till this extends right? Are you sure I am only your junior?" He asks boldly.

Instead of answering, Younghyun chooses to avoid the question. "Stop asking before I drop you."

"I know you won't." 

Younghyun chose to say nothing to it and keep on walking behind the others and somehow, he has been keeping some distance from them. After a while, he decided to ask the younger if he's hungry.

"Do you wanna get some foods before going back?"He ask, not looking back but somehow, silent was all he got from the younger. He thought that the latter is being sulky with him but when he take a peek at the younger, his heart softened at the sight of the blonde sleeping soundly on his shoulder. Without realizing, a smile form on his face. He continues walking and he makes sure to keep some distance from the others that are chatting noisily.

"How are you heavy when I can't even feel your head falling on my shoulder." Instead of a question, it's more like him whispering the fact to himself.