Their days

A blessing in disguise

I'm sorry that this chapter is too short :'(

_______________________________________________________________________

There, a familiar blonde is running lightly in the crowded hall of the science computer department. 

"Hi Jae!" 

"Heyyo Jaejae!"

"Hey, you're back." 

Everyone greeted the boy.

Well, by now, almost everyone in the department has known him because ever since he's completely healed and got an 'ok' from Younghyun for him to move around, he has been visiting the department every day after his class ended. And for Younghyun, he's done in stopping the younger because he just won't listen.

He stops in front of a door and leans by the wall like how he would usually do. About half an hour later, people start walking out of the room and as usual, the person he's been waiting for is the last to come out.

"Younghyun Hyung~" He chirps happily while running towards the said guy. Younghyung who has expected the scenario just proceeded to lock the door and walk ahead first because he knows the blonde would catch up sooner. As he thought, the blonde is soon walking by his side with the same bright smile plastered on his face.

"Hyung do you wanna grab something first?" He asks excitedly but it soon fades away after getting an "I'm not hungry." as a reply. He looks down with a pout and whispered "But I am" to himself but the elder caught that nevertheless, and that's how he lost to the chicken.

"But I'm thirsty." He said out of the blue. The blonde look up with sparkling eyes. "Then can we stop by the cafe first?"

"Hm." He answered shortly but that was enough for the younger to cheer happily.

 

The cafe was crowded as always but that doesn't stop the chicken to fight his way through to get to his favourite dumpling stall. "Hi aunty!" He greeted the woman behind the counter. The woman smile when she saw the boy. "The same order again?"

"Yep!" The woman chuckles at the hyper boy.

While waiting for his food, he looks around the drinks stall and saw Younghyun's back at the counter.

"Here you go." The woman hand him his foods. He paid the exact amount before going towards the drinks stall but by the time he's there, the elder is not there anymore. He looks around but he's nowhere in his sight.

He takes out his phone and proceeded to dial Younghyun's number which he got from Jackson the other day. After a few ringing, something cold was pressed on his cheeks. He turned and saw the person he's calling standing beside him with his phone in his other hand. 

"Where did you go? I was looking for you."

Instead of answering the question, he hands the blonde a chocolate milk that he bought from the store just now. "For me?" He takes the milk and looks at the elder with his puppy eyes.

"Who else is addicted to that other than you? Let's go." He said before walking ahead. The blonde smiles widely at the milk before running towards the elder.

As always, they walk back to the dorm together with the blonde telling about his day to the elder and Younghyun just listening to the chicken while responding a little from time to time.

Well, he may not talk that much but that is because he's listening to the boy. By now, he's already used to the boy's chattering until sometimes, it feels weird for him to not listening to it.

Soon, they arrive in front of Younghyun's door and Jae bid him goodbye.

"Careful on your way back chicken."

"Okie hyung, bye." He waves to the elder before walking away.

That's basically how their every day is, meeting after classes and walk back home together. Jae with his usual bright mood and Younghyun with his usual cold self. For some people, he may seem cold and careless but for those who know him, he's actually quite warm now rather than before.

 

That night, Jae lay on his bed while staring at his phone with the same bright smile. Sungjin who's curious about the boy went to take a peek. There he saw what the blonde has been looking at. It's the picture of Younghyun looking at the blonde who's sleeping on his back. Thanks to Mark who got the chance to snap the picture, Jae gets to see this rare side of Younghyun.

"You sure love that picture huh." Said Sungjin while drying his hair using a towel.

"It's my favourite photo of my favourite person." Sungjin just smiles and shake his head at that answer.

 

The next day, Younghyun's class is about to end in 10 minutes.

He was keeping his things into his back when someone taps his shoulder from behind. He looks at his friend with questioning eyes. "Wanna eat together after this?" Asked the person.

He was about to say yes to that until he remembers about a certain chicken that's probably waiting outside.

"Nah, got some work to do after this." He said, then the guy just give an okay before leaving the class with his other friends. "Goodbye, younghyun~" They bid him goodbyes.

Soon, he's the last one left. He went out and proceeded to lock the door. While walking, the usual voice that will sing out his name is not there. He stops and looks behind but the person he's been expected is not there. Out of instinct, a question pops up inside him, 'Where is he?'

Soon he found himself standing in front of the music room. He doesn't know how did he get here but here he is. Slowly he pushes the door open and all he could see was the sophomore practising. 

"Oh, younghyun hyung! Why are you here?" Asked Hajoon who notices their senior.

"I just wanna ask if the junior will be using this room today."

"No, because we're the last one using it today. Why? Do you guys wanna use this room?"

"Nah just asking, thanks." He said before walking away from the room.

He takes out his phone and dials the younger's number but he's not sure whether to call him or not. Well, he's not the kind of person that will express his feelings so it's kind of weird for him to do so now. Finally, he decided to keep his phone and head toward the music department.

And there he is in front of an ongoing class in the music department. He looks through the glass, hoping to see the person he's been looking and to his luck, there the blonde is, taking a note in his seat by the window. He went to lean over the wall while scrolling through his phone to kill some times.

Soon, the class ended and it is being emptied by the students. In the middle of that, the familiar blonde seems to be rushing his way out. He was about to run along the hallway until Younghyun stops him.

"Jae!" He calls for the younger and the blonde look back and see his senior is there in front of his class.

"Hyung? why are you here?"

And the question caught him off guard. He also doesn't know why is he there because he has never done this before.

"Umm I met a professor here just now." He answered, looking elsewhere.

"Eh~ then why are you still here? Were you waiting for me?" He asked teasingly and that brings a blush on the latter's face.

"Let's go or I'm leaving you." He said before walking ahead. The blonde just chuckles and run to the elder's side.

 

So that's how their days go by, accompanied by smiles, laughter and a comfortable atmosphere. But, the disaster is yet to come into their ways.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prepare a box of tissue for the upcoming chapter.