Treasure hunt

A blessing in disguise

They had bbq for their breakfast at the yard with Jinyoung did most of the grilling while the others play around until Jinyoung calls for them to eat and of course they stuffed their stomach to the fullest. They look so much like a happy family that it sends a warmth sensation into Jinyoung's heart cause this moment make he feels so much like a father with a bunch of successful kids.

They finished up cleaning and gather at the yard as instructed by Jinyoung. "So like I said, you guys are going for a treasure hunt. You guys will be divided into 6 groups with 2 members each and to be fair I've prepared something to determine your group." He went to take a handful of white cloth pieces with a knot at the end of it and hand one to each of them. "So the colour inside the knot will determine who is it that you guys are going to pair with." With that, all of em untie the knot and go to stand with their pair. Unfortunately, Jae got Hajoon as his pair while Sungjin with Hongki, Wonpil with woosung, Dowoon with Younghyun Younghwa with Jaehyeong, and Jackson with Dojoon.

"So you guys are going into that forest and follow all of the instructions board that I've prepared. All you guys need to do is to collect as much stamp as possible on the card I've given to you and who got the most of it will gain the treasure. So before you go, please make sure to take care of each other okay?"

"Okay~" They answered cheerfully before making their way into the forest.

Everyone was having it good except for two groups. Well wonpil and woosung settle down with being silence all their way but not for Jae and Hajoon, Hajoon just can't keep his mouth shut while Jae is trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Jae is it true you have a thing towards Younghyun." He started.

"It's hyung for you." Jae answered not looking at the person behind him. "We are close enough to drop the formalities, just answer me."

"You have nothing to do with it for me to answer you." that answer anger Hajoon. "Show some respect towards me as your senior."

"Show some respect towards me as your junior." Jae fired back at him as he's losing his patience. Hajoon grabs Jae's hoodie from behind to make Jae face him. "You sure don't know your place, signing into our club and holding us back from going for the international competition and how dare you approach Younghyun like a little , listen, Younghyun is mine no one can take him away from me." He's filling up with anger and the same goes for Jae. He pries Hajoon's hand off of him and gives him his death glare.

"We never hold you back, and if Jinyoung has faith in your team he would already sign up you guys for it. Don't blame us if it's your team that's going down the drain and what? Younghyun is yours? Get him before you claim him ." Possessed by too much madness Hajoon push Jae all his might and little did he know they are standing just before a steep slope and that cause Jae to slip down the slope and banging his head on one of the big trees. His vision is blurry and he feels way too dizzy to even stand up properly. Looking at the stumbling chicken, Hajoon just scoffs at him and make his way away from there and he didn't forget to change the arrow side.

A small "help" was all he can make out. Everything is blurry, his ankle is hurting and his head is bleeding. He feels so hopeless. He sits down for a little while until his vision is clear again. He fishes out his phone but to no avail, there's no signal for him to make a call. Ignoring his aching body, slowly he gets up and tries to climb his way up the track. After countless attempt finally, he's back on the track. Slowly he drags his body with his aching ankle, following the false arrow, forgetting all about the stamps.
 

Meanwhile, dowoon and younghyun were passing their times by exchanging some words between them. "Why did you apply for that university?" Younghyun started. "I never really care about going to whatever university, since my great is good, i could get into any university, so i chose to apply for that university because all my friends are going there."

"Easy way for the smartpants." He replied.

"By the way, I'm just giving you a heads up, Jae is not going to give it up easily so if you really don't have any intention to accept him, tell him now. The sooner it is the less heartbroken he will go through."

"I'm really curious, why are you all so overprotective over him? He's an adult so what's the hassle for?"

"You know, Jae, he's not as cheerful as he looks. I can't tell you the whole thing but he's someone who brought up with the lack of something that almost everyone else had. Sure he got the looks, the wealth but not the love a child should get from his parent. Well, enough about that, I'm just going to warn you to not play with his heart. What he feels for you is pure and if you ever dare to take advantage of it, I swear you won't be seeing the world anymore the next day."

"How can I be sure that his feeling for me is not only a one-time thing? What if he left me after I finally accept him?" Worry evident in his voice.

"I'm more than confident to say that he won't be like that."

"Why?"

"At first I also thought that his feelings for you were just a fling but when I see the effort he put, it is safe to say that he's honest with his feeling."

"Yeah, I agree with that one. He does always follow after me and do whatever I ask as if I fed him."

"But you know, you were the first to made him go to the hospital again after those dreadful years." Younghyun frown at his words. "What do you mean?"

"I can only say that the hospital didn't give him a likeable memory so he somehow holds some heavy feelings when it comes to going there. But he did go there for you despite the hesitation. That's why I'm sure he is serious about liking you." Younghyun just nods at the new information about the blonde.

Soon they arrive at the end of the forest. 

 

It's been half an hour since everyone went back to the villa. All of them were resting at the porch, sipping the juice made by Jinyoung. But it looks like Younghyun just can't keep his mind in peace because he realize that a certain chicken is still nowhere to be seen. Can't keep waiting any longer, he gets up and take the first aid kit with him before he went straight into the forest by himself. Later after that Younghwa realize that they are missing two members. "Guys where is Younghyun and Jae?" He asked, catching everyone attention.

"Probably making out somewhere," Woosung answered mindlessly. "Stop with that woosung." Hissed Jackson. "Younghyun were with you guys right?" Jinyoung asks Younghwa. "He was but he went missing."

"Hajoon, isn't Jae in your group, where is he?" JInyoung asks Hajoon. "He said he'll be going first, but then I lost track of him. I thought he's back already though."

"What if they lost in the forest." Wonpil says his thought. "Ok let's do this, I want all of you to get your things, we are going to look for them, don't worry I know the way in there well and except the first year, I want you to stay here and wait for them in case they are back. Now go get your things." Everyone went to get their things with Jinyoung went into his room to get his survival kit. Dowoon approach the busy Jinyoung. "Sir I'm going to look for them too." Jinyoung turns towards the voice. " No Dowoon you stay here with your friends it's dangerous out there, I and your seniors are used to the forest here so it is safer this way."

"My friend is out there in cold alone I can't just stay still, I promise I won't get in trouble and this is not my first in a forest I can survive in there." Looking at the pleading boy in front of him he just let out a sigh before giving a small nod. "Fine go get your things." Dowoon nod and went to his room.

They gather at the porch along with their backpack. "Sungjin if Younghyun and Jae are back here make sure to light up the fire so we'll be notified and for you guys, don't wander far from each other got it?" They nod at that. "Now let's go." Jinyoung leads the way.

Jae is losing his energy. He is sure that he's lost considering the forest is getting deeper and there is no track anymore."Help!" He screams all his might before he starts to feel dizzy and his vision starts darkening. His leg gave up, his head is light, he's having short breathing. Soon it's all dark and he falls into his saviour's arms.

"Jae wake up! Jae!" Seeing his attempt come to no avail Younghyun kneeled down and lay Jae's head on his lap. He pours a little bit of water from Jae's bottle and sprinkles it to Jae's face. "Jae! Open your eyes dammit." He shakes the said boy. Slipping his hand under Jae's head, wanting to hold him up, he feels something sticky. He pulls his hand back and sees his hand covered in blood, he panicked. "Please no Jae wake up! Don't die on me Jae! please wake up!" his tears is falling. "Park Jaehyung you better wake up now! please..." he hugs Jae's body tight. "You said you're going to make me fall for you so don't you back off...I can't lose you now.." He whispers to himself, holding the almost lifeless body tight.

"Who said I would ever back off huh?" Younghyun stunned hearing the other's voice right beside his ear. Pulling back he came face to face with the pale looking boy. "Why are you crying hyung I'm not dead yet. Not before you fall for me." He said with a small smile. "I'm not crying." Younghyun turns his head, hiding his tears. "Said the one with a wet face." He giggles slowly, somehow that sound ease Younghyun's heart.

"Now let's treat your wound and go back to the villa, everyone must be worried by now." Younghyun moves Jae slowly so he would sit between his leg and lean on one of his legs. "Except your head where else is hurting?" He started with cleaning the wound behind Jae's head. "My whole body is hurting especially my ankle and my wrist." His small voice answered. "How did you became like this really." His question was unanswered. After done bandaging Jae's head, he realizes the aforementioned has been quiet since then. "Jae are you okay? Are feeling hurt anywhere?" Jae shakes his head. Younghyun reaches out for the latter's wrist and look at how swollen it is. "You sprained your wrist." He bandages up Jae's left wrist and goes on to his ankle. He rolls up the pants and shocked at how Jae's ankle is filled with scar while the other side is swollen just like his wrist.

He settled up treating Jae and keeps all the things inside Jae's backpack, not forgetting to take out the small blanket since he realize at how cold Jae's body is when he was treating him. He carries the bag on his back then wrap the blanket around Jae's petite body. "Okay, we are going now chicken." He said as he carry the said chicken in his hand. "I can walk on my own ya know." He said with a little pout and a red face. "Not with that bloody foot of yours. Now just stay still and I'll treat the rest of your wounds when we're back." with that Jae lean his head on the latter's broad chest and let himself be carried all the way back.

"Oh my god Jae what happened to you?!" Wonpil and Sungjin came running when they saw Younghyun coming out of the forest with Jae hopelessly carried in his arm. "Wonpil go prepare warm water in the tub and Sungjin, turns on the heater in his room." They both rush into the villa and do as told. Then Sungjin went to start a fire outside.

Younghyun put Jae on the bed carefully and unwrap the blanket around him. "Hyung...water." His soft voice spoke. Younghyun hand Jae his water bottle then the jacket and clean Jae's remaining wounds on his arm and neck. "May I?" He point at Jae's shirt. Jae was hesitant because he never let anyone see his body except for his friends and family. Before he could give a yes as an answer there came the intruder. "Leave the rest to us." They turn to the door and came face to face with Wonpil and Sungjin who's standing there with a crossed arm.

They ended up with Younghyun sitting at the end of the bed facing the other side while Sungjin and Wonpil treat the wounds on Jae's body. "Seriously how did you get all of these Jae." Sungjin spoke up. "I fell down the slope," Jae answered shortly.

"Then what about Hajoon, why didn't he help you?" Wonpil continues with eyes still glued on the wound. Receiving a silent from Jae he knows something's up.

"Did you really fell?" still with silent from Jae. "Answer me Park Jaehyung." Jae shudders at his stern voice. "We had a- a little quarrel and h-he pushed me down and I slipped." His head is hanging low. "That I'll kill him." As if on cue they heard the others' voice filling up the villa. Without hesitant Wonpil went outside finding his victim. Sungjin and Younghyun went after him and as they expected Wonpil is grabbing Hajoon by his collar. "You how dare you lie to us and how dare you to touch our Jae!" He was about to swing a punch when Sungjin hold him back while Younghyun stands between them.

"Wonpil stop and settle this nicely." Younghyun tries to calm him down. "Nicely my after what he did to Jae I can't forgive him." His eyes are glued on the guy behind Younghyun, wanting to beat him up so much. "I know but I'm sure Jae don't want this to happen so please calm yourself ok." Looking at the way Wonpil's madness has turned down, Sungjin let go of his hold.

"I don't know what the hell happened but the most important now is how's Jae?" Jinyoung asks them. "He's hurt but he's okay now and he needs some rest." Jinyoung nod at Younghyun. "Sungjin, Wonpil, Hajoon, follow me." And with that four of them disappear into Jinyoung's room and everyone else rests down at the hall. "Anything happened to Jae?" Younghyun faced the worried Dowoon. "Something happened between him and hajoon and he got hurt but don't worry, he's alright now." Earning a nod from the latter, Younghyun go back to Jae who's now wrapped in a blanket and carry him to the bathroom. "Where are they?" Worries evident in his voice. "Jinyoung is settling down with them, rest assured."

He set Jae down on the toilet cover and reach for the blanket but Jae holds it tight. "I-i can manage myself you can go now." Understanding that Jae is shy he nods with a slight smirk on his face. "Ok then just call for me if you need anything and I'll bring your towel and clothes later." Receiving a nod from Jae, he went outside and close the door before making his into Jae's room for his things.

Younghyun knocks on the bathroom door and entered after he heard a faint 'come in'. "Turn away." And as told, he walks into the bathroom while facing the other side. "You need help with this?" He asks while setting down all the things on the sink."No, it's okay." Younghun nod at that. "But make sure to call for me when you're done." He said before make his way out.

After done, Jae opens the door and saw Younghyun standing there beside the door playing with his phone. "I'm done." His soft voice startled Younghyun. "Oh you're done, come here," he said before he carries Jae into his arm, earning a little yelp from the latter who's automatically put his arm around the other's neck. "As I said, I can walk on my own."

"Your foot is in its worst condition so it's better to not stress it if you don't want to be bedridden for longer than you should." He said as he set Jae down on the bed cover him with the blanket. Jae let out a small "fine" as he gives up debating with Younghyun. "Now do you want me to stay and tell you some grandmother story until you fall asleep or what, just say it." His words manage to let out a small laugh from the other. "Nah I just want to sleep since I'm very tired and I don't need any stories or lullaby so you may go now."

"Aight you highness." They both chuckled at his playfulness. "If you need anything just screamed out my name and I'll get you later when it's mealtime. So have a good sleep chicken." He pats the aforementioned head and walks out of the room.

For the whole day, Jae is managed by Younghyun. His friends stay away cause they know Younghyun would bring no harm to him as they see how nice Younghyun is towards their Jae. When Jae needs anything he would bring it to him when it's mealtime he would bring the food and accompany Jae in his room, basically he just does everything for him.

Later in the midnight, Younghyun was stargazing alone using a telescope at the porch when he heard a clumsy footstep behind him. He turned around and saw Jae with a blanket in his arm, walking towards him. "Hey, you shouldn't be walking yet." He approaches Jae and holds him by his side, carefully helping Jae towards the resting chair and set him down. "I know but everyone's asleep so I can't just scream out your name, it would disturb their sleep." He said while leaning on the chair, resting his body. Younghyun kneeled down beside Jae and look at him. "And by that means you're also should be asleep by now."

"I know but I just can't fall asleep and I want to feel the fresh air out here while reading this."He holds up his sherlock holmes book. Younghyun ruffled his hair and sigh. "Fine but make sure to stay warm." Earning a nod from Jae, he goes back to his telescope while Jae starts on his book. The comfortable silence surrounds them. Somehow it feels kinda romantic, the way they are now. How Jae hope for this moment to stop. (*I can't stop thinking that they look like a husband and wife at their small cabin in a mountain.)

The day ended with Younghyun carried the sleeping Jae back to his room before he himself fell into a slumber in his room.

 

Sorry for all the flaws and I hope you guys enjoy this story even though I know there's nothing to enjoy.