Chapter 9

Hide and Seek

It's their dance class and it's what Momo and Jeongyeon are waiting for. Who wouldn't? It's the class they really excel. They are talking to each other while waiting for their teacher to come.

Momo didn't engage with Mina as she was mad about what happened before. Mina on the other hand, is a little bit awkward whenever Momo is near to her and she wishes that Momo won't notice her.

Mina thought of the sudden change to her when this girl came. Mina doesn't feel any awkwardness whenever she shows her y side, she doesn't think of thanking someone right away, she doesn't look for someone before. 

Not until this transferee came, the transferee who is not afraid of her and doesn't like her attitude.

Mina's though disappeared when their teacher came bringing nothing.

"Okay class, I forgot to tell you that starting today we will have our class in the practice room as we are in a dance class. Now, change in your dance outfit and go to the practice room. I'll wait for you there." Mr. Lee said and leave the Class 3-A to change in their outfits.

"I think we will perform already." Jeongyeon said in between Jihyo and Momo who are changing in their cubicles in locker room.

"Yeah, I agree. He won't ask us to change in outfits if we're not going to dance." Jihyo agreed with what Jeongyeon said.

They are all done and are now on their way to their room. 

"Well, it's dance class. What do we expect? Of course we will dance." Momo replied what the two are talking about.

"Okay, Our Hirai Momo speaks up. It's already done." Jeongyeon raised her both hands which Jihyo curiously stared at.

Momo smacked her again for her weirdness. 

"Ouch, will you stop hitting me?" Jeongyeon complained.

"Will you stop talking nonsense?" Momo fired back.

"Okay. I'll stop boss." Jeongyeon gave up. She can't fight against The Hirai Momo.

Jihyo laughed at their antics. She already enjoys their company and she is happy that she got close to them. They are all crazy when they are together, what if they will also be with Dahyun and Chaeyoung?

They are now already inside the practice room with their professor who is fixing the speakers they will use.

"Okay, since this is our first meeting, I want all of you to perform here in front, at least a minute or more than that. I'll give you all 1 hour to practice for your performance. I think that is enough for all of you?" 

Class 3-A all agreed upon the decision so they split up and get ready to practice their performances.

While the others are busy practicing, Jeongyeon and Momo is just chilling on the other side as they chose what they will perform already and just needed to warm up their bodies. 

It's a good thing they are dancers because it will not be a hard time for them to search for steps or choreograph some steps to perform within an hour.

Jihyo is having a hard time on thinking what to do. She is good in dancing but not that good in choreographing steps right away. She prefers singing than dancing. Jeongyeon and Momo noticed this, so they approached Jihyo.

"Hey, you okay?" Momo asked Jihyo when they reached her.

"Uhhm. I am having a hard time about my steps. I already chose a song but I can't think of any steps to blend it with the song." Jihyo confessed looking down as she felt embarrassed.

"Come on, let's go to the other room. We'll help you with that." Jeongyeon said.

"How about your performance? Don't you need to practice too?" Jihyo asked as she noticed that the two is not practicing.

"Don't worry about us. We already know what to perform." Momo smiled at Jihyo.

Two points. Jeongyeon thought.

"Really? Thank you!" Jihyo smiled back to Momo and went to the other practice room.

From the other side of the room, Mina, Nayeon and Sana is conceptualizing what to perform. They need to ace this as they are competing in dancing. 

It's a shame if they don't ace their performance. They need to be the best out of all performance even though this is just an activity.

One hour passed by, and all of the students are now sitting in front of their teacher waiting to announce the first performer.

"Okay, I guess we'll start now. The first performer that we will see is... Yoo Jeongyeon!" Mr. Lee announced.

Their classmates cheered for Jeongyeon. Well, they already have their fans even inside the room even though they are transferees.

They are all excited to see the performances of the transferees since they are rumored to excel in dancing when they are in their old school before.

Jeongyeon positioned herself getting ready to perform while Momo go in front to prepare Jeongyeon's music.

When Hotline by Seungri started playing, Jeongyeon started to dance with the beat. 

The class cheered when they heard the song. This song became a hit because of the Great Seungri matching it with the choreography of the THS Crew that added up to its hit. So Jeongyeon really knows the steps because they are performing this in their concert.

Momo who is watching this felt proud because Jeongyeon can dance this one without wearing a mask to hide their identity. She can freely show her emotions in dancing which adds up to it's choreography.

When Jeongyeon is done performing, the class is all cheering because she is just so good. They think that Jeongyeon will be the ace in dancing which earned a laugh from Jeongyeon as she looked at Momo.

If I'll be the ace, what will Momo be? The highest form of ace? Jeongyeon thought.

Nayeon performed next with the song Greedy by Ariana Grande, followed by Sana with Who's Your Mama of JYP. Jeongyeon laughed when she heard the song. 

The class doesn't have any idea that this song is made by their principal and is now performing it in front of everyone including Momo who is holding her laugh.

Mina saw the two holding their laugh and got curious why. If she found out that they are laughing over Sana, they will regret it.

Jihyo who is nervous about the performance suddenly got distracted when she heard the song. The voice seems familiar to her, very familiar but she can't point out who.

Mina is the next one who will perform. The class got wild because who wouldn't want to see Myoui Mina performing? 

Mina performed 24 hours by Sunmi earning a loud cheers from the Class 3-A.

She is good in dancing. But something is missing. Momo thought.

As a choreographer, she knows the lack of the dancers she is watching, but with Mina, she knows something is missing but she can't pinpoint what is it and it frustrates her. Someday she will know this one.

There are only two students that need to perform, Jihyo and Momo. Mr. Lee picked Jihyo, meaning Momo will be the one to perform.

Jihyo went in the middle nervously.

"Jihyo! I know you can do it. You are great!" Momo said in between the cheers Jihyo received.

The class 3-A is so powerful as they have the 4 aces of their school which are The Populars and Park Jihyo. They also have Kim Jennie, their rapper, Lisa Manoban their dancer, Park Jisoo and Park Chaeyoung or Rose, their vocals aside from God Jihyo.

Jihyo started performing when End of Time started. She chose this song because she fits in this song and luckily, Momo helped her with the choreography and Jeongyeon with the monitoring.

Her performance ended with a great reaction from her classmates.

"As expected from our aces. You are all good, this is just an activity but you showed more than that. Anyway, for our last performer, Hirai Momo please go in the middle." Mr. Lee said.

Momo went in the middle and Jeongyeon fix her music and went on the right side of Momo to see the reaction of her classmates. She is excited on what reaction will they show when they see Momo's performance. 

Will they bear to see the performance of the great Psycho Peach of THS Crew and the choreographer of great idol groups? Jeongyeon wondered.

When the music is all prepared, Jeongyeon shouted.

"Drop the beat!"