Ch : 2

Sweet Escape


“Hyung, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Jimin is now feels worried about what will happened,  e wish Jungkook will make friend with someone through this. But not exactly this way.

“ Do you think she will agree? Read what I wrote on that paper, getting away from everyone and spend 2 days in a far away place.” Yoongi reading his written paper once again. Noone will agree to do this, let alone a girl, an idol on top of that. No matter how irrestisible Jungkook is, no one who’s in her right mind would say a yes for this.

“True, and I don’t think Jungkook is good with his words. He'll probaby got rejected immedieately. But who is it hyung? Do you recognized her?”  Noone seems sure about the girl identity is, her outfit looks familiar indeed. They probably saw her group rehearsing at morning.

Their conversation interrupted by Jungkook who is now back to their room. His expression is disturbing, like so weird.

“Did you get scold?” Seokjin asking him the most important thing. Jungkook is now get surrounded by his hyung. He is also confused about what was just happened.

“She said yes.” And once those words came out. His hyungs looks extremely surprised. In shock.

“For real?” .

 

***

 

4:50 PM

RV’s Backstage Room

“Bring me back something good from Bali, Yeri.” Joy who is now eating her late lunch talk to their maknae who’s busy browsing his phone looking for whatever.

“So you’re going to stay at Saeron’s home this weekend, before departing?” And now Seulgi added a question for her to answer.

Yeri supposed to go to Bali with one of his best friend to celebrate her birthday. The agency gave her a week break. Her plan is to enjoy tropical island while eating a good food, enjoying scenery and shopping.
But, her best friend cancelled their plan talked about being in a fight with her boyfriend makes her feel drained in emotions so she doesn’t think vacation will be good.

“Alright, unnie.. I’ll try to find something good for everyone.” But she doesn’t want to tell their members and agencies because she plan to continue with the trip even if that means she’s going to be alone.

Well…what is bad from being alone in heaven? And she’s an adult now, she can do whatever.

“I’ll go get some drink. Anyone want something?” Wendy getting up from her sit offering a pretty gesture for her hardworking members.

“I want orange juice unnie.” Yeri raising her hand.

“I want coffee, but nothing from the vending machine, I want a real one.” Irene who’s in the middle of nap started to getting her voice out.

“Me too.”

“Me three.” Seulgi and Joy joined the conversation.

“Ok so three of you want coffee, and you want orange juice.” Wendy talk while walking into the door slowly.

“Wait, unnie. I want orange juice from the vending machine, so I’ll go get one by my self, and you could go to the coffee shop at front.” Yeri now started getting up from her sit.

“really? Then, I could just ask manager oppa for the coffee instead if you’re willing to go to get your drink alone.” Wendy is now getting out from the room and start looking for her manager.

Yeri following her from behind, and she stopped when she finally found the vending machine, she picked up her juice, and start walking around.

***

There’s nothing to see at music show backstage, Everyone mostly busy on their own, rookie idol is busy wondering around promoting their name, popular idol usually shut their backstage room door doing whatever, idol who is dating another idol is probably somewhere around the corner spending time together. This is an usual sight and also not her first time being here, but strangely that day, she really want to walking around.

“Oh? Their door is usually closed just like ours.” She’s mumbling that words, when she’s few meters away from BTS’s backstage room. That group is super popular, and she believes the agency also strict even at music show like this.

She passed by their door without thinking much, until a few seconds later someone is coming out from that door and chasing her half-heartedly.

“Excuse me.” That voice is familiar. She turns her back and when she found the owner of the voice, she feels dumbfounded. Because he is the one that was never on her my-fellow-idols-who’s-behaving-strange-around-me list. There will be someone who’s roaming around asking about her, what she likes and dislikes , someone else is trying to get her number. She has that list, but this person is never on that.

“Are you talking to me?” Not a natural response, but she knows that’s the best she can do at this state.

Meanwhile Jungkook, he actually wasn’t sure that it was her when she’s passing by. But when he find out that it is her, there is a strange relieved feelings surrounding him. He has no idea why he feels like that, because this girl is never his acquaintance to begin with.

***

Maybe it’s a nature of being a public figure for years. But both of them start walking away from the crowd and now find themselves talking beside an emergency exit and stairs. Hiding.

“You spill your drink.” Jungkook pointing his finger to a can of orange juice Yeri held. Well..it’s spilled but not in a bad way. Just a splash to her grey short.

“oh? Right.” She doesn’t even know what she’s thinking so she just tossed it to a trash can beside her. She  remembers she only have 2 sips of that juice.

“I’ll get you another one.”

“Oh, no sunbaenim, there’s no need for that. It’s almost empty anyway.” A lie and a normal behavior. Looks like she’s back to her sense now.

“You must be surprised because well…” Jungkook can not seems to wrapping up words on his head and ended up looking awkward.

“Because..you want to talk to me so sudden.” Yeri is trying hard to help him, but she ended up being a fool her self. He didn’t say anything about want to talk to me, crap.

“or not…” a late correction from her, but Jungkook notice it right away.

“I want to talk with you, yeah..”

Yeri is thinking hard trying to find a reason about why would a BTS want to talk with her. Jeon Jungkook on top of that.

“If you’re trying to find some information and asking my help for my unnies. I’m sorry I can not do much.” That’s what she said, because well.. it is usually happened, just like others who talks to her members about her seeking cliche information.

Jungkook is taken aback and slightly offended. He’s not a coward, if he want to do something like that. He’'ll defintely won’t get help from people like this.

Yeri notice the change of his expression, from a sweet and careful eyes turn into a sharp and lowkey intimidating eyes. And the thought of being alone with him on a blind spot like this is awkward for her. Even though he’s not really bad around boys, and good at social interactions, but this guy is just..

“I’m sorry, if I offended you.” She slightly touch his arms while give him a quick bow, she’s good at it indeed. Because Jungkook is back with his soft eyes looking at her.

“It’s ok, but if that’s what I want, you will see me at front of your backstage door, knocking on it and telling your unnies by my self.” Yeri definitely can heard a heavy sarcastic tone from his talk, and it’s making her feels annoyed.

“Good. But last time I checked you’re younger than them, so it will be rude.” Jungkook feels a hit right away, and the nervousness  plus gentle feelings he offer to her is gone now. It feels like he’s  arguing with one of his hyung back in the dorm.

Kim Yerim, your mouth. Yeri is aware about this, but what can she do. He’s triggering in such a way.

“I mean.. I know you’re younger, since you’re friends with Jaehyun oppa, and he called my unnies Noona.”

Jungkook realized right away that him and Yeri circle of friends and network isn’t really varied. He even know some of his hyungs is close with some of her members. He thinks that spending tome together with her is not a good choice even if it’s only a punishment from stupid game, it’s probably not worth it,  and also she’s annoying.

“A game is a game.” Jungkook mumbling by himself, try to hypnotized himself, that there is no way Yeri would say yes to this offer, but at least he did the punishment like the man he is so the hyungs won’t about this.

“Are you free this weekend?” No more sweet talking and sugar coating. He' talking straight to the point and once again Yeri is taken aback by his words.

She’s supposed to went to Bali, but well..the plan is not perfect anymore, and she’s also curious with what the guy has for her.

“I think so. Why did you ask?” Jungkook close his eyes and clenching his fist. It will be over if she just said no. But she has to say yes, so he should proceed to the next step.

Yeri can hear his sigh behind that deep voice he use to talk with her. She give him a stare, demanding answer.

“Are you willing to spend your weekend with me, getting away from everyone?” He talks fast, while trying to remember what Min yoongi wrote on his paper. There’s no way she will say yes to do this. He know she’s not amused by him too.

Jungkook give her a surprised look, when he find Yeri is considering his offer.

“Are you serious? Just you and me without your manager or mine, without your members and mine. You should say no for this.” Jungkook is now talking without honorific to her because he’s just dumbfounded by this.

“I know your type is probably some innocent looking and naïve girl but I’m not both. So wait for my answer instead of nagging at me like this.”
It will be a total lie if Yeri said she doesn’t fluttered by his offer. There’s some pride that she won. Whatever the reason is, the Jeon Jungkook people adore is asking her this. He has fans, fame, money and everything. That kind of man offering her this. It's a good thing, right?

But there’s some kind of hesistation, she clearly doesn’t know him, and for the past few minutes, the conversation she has with him is nothing but some short of bull. Her first impression of him is not good.

“Define far away.” Yeri give him a look, and Jungkook find him laughing because of how ridiculous is this thing turned out.

“I don’t know, maybe in north pole, Maldives, Greenland, Bali, Mars…” Without thinking much, he listed all the places he thought would be cool to have a vacation. alone.

“Yes. I’ll go with you.” The word of Bali makes her crazy, She’s been waiting for this vacation, at least if it’s not Saeron, having someone won’t be too bad. Just a friend for a long flight at plane.

“what?” Jungkook blinking his eyes a few times. He is shocked by the outcome fo this.

He feels relieved whe he saw her before because, as a maknae of popular group with tons of haters and fans. She’ll probably an exciting friend to have, and since her friends is mostly his friends, he doesn’t think things will get awkward and escalated quickly like this. This could be a start of usual friendship he thought. But now..he jus think she's crazy.

“I’ll go with you. Look, I have your kakao id for a long time here on my phone, so I will get to you after settle a few things, Sunbaenim.” Yeri showing him her phone with his contact on it. She believes Jungkook also have her contact. Like they’re not exactly an acqiuntance but not exactly a total stranger either.

“I’m not taking an underage kid to a trip with me.” He regrets the whole thing right away.

“You should think about that before you asked me, plus I just turn 20 last week, so don’t worry it’s not a crime.” Jungkook is now brushing his hair to showing her his frustration. His gaze totally tells everything.

Yeri takes his hand without his consent and shaking it with hers right away while smiling like a kid.

“It’s a deal for now.” She left after she said that, and there’s nothing but despair for Jungkook.

 


Thank you for reading this story..