Ch : 8

Sweet Escape

When they finally arrived to the hotel Jungkook bring Yeri back to their room, packing a few of his stuffs to his carrier and  start walking out.

“Where are you going?” Yeri looks extremely confused, when she realized that Jungkook is going away.

“The hotel staff let me use one of their room for a night. I’ll sleep there.” He explained it kindly and Yeri is now looking more confused.

“But why?”

“This is me being a responsible adult.”

Even though he does looks fine after tons of drinking. He knows that he’s drunk. So does Yeri, who actually looks like she’s ready to passed out anytime. He learned it from his hyungs back in the days. Even just for small-protect-your-self-things like put his phone away after drinking, don’t use SNS when you’re angry, etc because honestly one mistakes he did just because he is drunk could become a huge mess.

Yeri understand right away what he means. She feels embarrassed and now looking down while tying her hair.

“This is not about you, it’s just me. Not that I don’t trust you, I just can’t trust my self.” He said that to makes Yeri feel better, when in fact he actually can not trust himself and Yeri. The fact that they’re young and drunk is enough to not believe at themselves for now.

“I don’t trust my self either. So thank you for doing this.” That’s what she said when she’s helping him to carrying his stuffs to the door. It is a fact. She’s just turn 20, and honestly this is probably the first time that she drink this much. And she totally get what Jungkook means. She understand and doesn’t feel offended at all. Judging from how fearless she is, it’s better for him to go.

“See you tomorrow.” That’s what he said when Yeri walking with him to the front door. She’s waving her hand and give him a smile. She just glad that his trip partner is Jungkook instead of someone else.

***

Jungkook started to smell something delicious, and it’s enough to wakes him up. The staff room is only beside the kitchen. It’s small and not really comfortable compared to Yeri’s room upstairs. And with how drunk he is last night before he sleep. The only thing he feels right now is a pain on his stomach, his back, and his head.

“If I know that you spent your night at this kind of room. I’ll definitely won’t let you go last night.” Yeri is already standing in front of him, looking fresh and sober totally different with him.

Earlier this morning, Yeri ask the hotel staff about Jungkook’s place because she can’t wait to see the sunrie with him. The staff showing her his room.

The room is totally small, the bed is smaller than her couch. The staff even told her that this isn’t actually a room, just a place for their small break. No longer than 40 minutes. It’s uncomfortable to sleep here.

She didn’t want to wake him up, because he was sleeping soundly with his tired face. After what he did for her yesterday. She really thankful to him. So no sunrise for her today too.

"Did you watch the sunrise?" Jungkook asking her that when he realized that Yeri already on her tourist attire with a straw round hat on her hands.

Yeri knows that he ask her this just to make sure that she listen to what he said yesterday. He told her to not depending to him too much and told her that if she wants to go somewhere she should just do it by herself.
But the fact is she doesn't want to be alone. She wants to enjoy the vacation with him. It is more fun and comfortable, and the most important thing is she feels more safe with him around.

"I did." Yeri answers his question after a long thinking. A lie.

"Good." He response it with short words and a nod.

Yeri stare at him because she's sure there's a dissapointment from his talk.

"what?" Jungkook is aware about her stare, so he asked her about it.

"Nothing" Yeri shakes her head fast, maybe it's just her imagination

She's helping him to carry his bluetooth speaker, while they're walking back to their room. He walks in front of her with his huge carrier. It's supposed to be his works equipments, including a notebook that she ruined yesterday. And once again, she feels bad about it.

"Hey, what about your notebook?" She decide to come clean about it. If Jungkook asking her to pay for his new laptop, she's willing to pay.
Jungkook is already tired and talking to her about yesterday's incident is the last thing that he wanted to do. So he choose to ignore her until they're back to their room.

"I'll buy you a new one when we're back." That's what she said when Jungkook finally manage to lay on their big bed.
"That's ok." He close his eyes while mumbling when she realized that Yeri is now kneeling beside him, in his territory.
He's getting up in an instant and give her a what-do-you-think-you're-doing-right-now gaze.
"I seriously feel bad." She understand that gaze but she choose to ignore it.
"I could buy a new one by myself." Seeing her who doesn't care with the fact that he doesn't like her on his territory like this makes Jungkook lose his will to argue and choose to laying down again.
"Ok cool." Yeri give him a smile and start walking away from him. That notebook is definitely expensive. Even though she's more than capable to buy it, but still..it's better to not spend her money like that.

 

***

"What do you want for breakfast?" Jungkook is now giving up on his sleep because Yeri won't leave him alone.
He's getting up from the bed and walk toward the bathroom. Seeing his own reflection on the mirror is lowkey surprising.
He's completely wasted, It's kinda true that he enjoying this damned trip a little bit too much.
It tooks him a few minutes for quick shower and basic skin care for an idol.
He spotted Yeri still standing in front of the dining table staring at their breakfast. She looks weird. Weird in a good way according to him.

"I'll take a toast and lemon juice." Yeri almost jumping from her place when Jungkook is appearing from nowhere and now standing beside her while covering Yeri's head with a small towel he used to washed his face earlier.
If someone else doing it to her, Yeri will probably annoyed, but since it was Jungkook who did this, she feels relieved instead. That means that he's comfortable enough to actually joking like this, and that  also means they're really not a stranger anymore.
"I drink the lemon juice already."
Jungkook now staring at two empty glass at the table, and nodding his head.
"Then i'll just drink.."
"I'll go get a new one for you." Yeri is gone in matter of seconds even before Jungkook said "No, thanks" or at least told her that their phone is working here. She could just called the room service instead of running like that.

 

***

 

Jungkook is in the middle of eating his third toast, when Yeri is back to their room with a huge pitcher of lemon juice. She bring it back by herself.
The pitcher is even bigger than her tiny head, Jungkook helps her with the door while being amused by her doing.
And now Yeri is busy pouring the lemon juice to his glass and put another piece of chocolate toast on his plate. Jungkook seems really can't understand the situation and only watch the scene with silence.

"The ommelete is also good, you should try it." She puts another plate with ommelete in front of him while giving him a spoon and a fork straight to his hand. And when she finished, their eyes finally meet.

"What happened? What's get into you? Who are you?" Jungkook is shaking her shoulder a few times.

"Let me go" 

"It's just breakfast. Nothing special." She finally free after Jungkook  change his focus to his food instead of her.

"I know what it is. But still, why?"

Yeri close her eyes and taking a deep breath before she answers his question.

"Because i'm thankful."

And she does feels thankful. Jungkook is really helping her a lot yesterday, from talking to her and making her feels better after their fight, spend hours talking to her, taking care of her when she can't even walk herself home, sacrifice his comfort only for her to be safe at night.

Jungkook stopped from his eat and lift his face to Yeri who nows, biting his lips and playing with her own hands on her lap. Cute.

"Really?" He feels like teasing her so he did.

"It's just a simple gesture. Don't thinking about it too much." She feels annoyed so she talks fast while pouting her lips. And when she saw Jungkook staring at her while giving her a smile she become embarassed.

"it’s not a bad thing, It's not like i'm entertaining you with y dance or something to show you my gratitude. " Yeri knows what she said is a little bit weird and doesn't really makes sense. When she can see Jungkook still staring at her, holding his laugh. She knows that she'll be saying stupidiest thing ever.

"I'm not the best dancer on my group, but i'm quite good at that kind of..dance." It's not even necessary for her to emphasize that she's good at that to Jungkook who basically her senior and probably having more experience than her in term of dancing.

"Show me then." Jungkook fixing his position on his seat and now waiting for Yeri to do something.

Yeri is not good at that. She was just bluffing. Her dance teacher said she just looks like a kid trying hard to look y. She's still practicing hard till this day, and she feels like she isn't good enough to be judged by someone like this.

Jungkook knows that Yeri doesn't want to do it. But she is always trying so hard . Just like himself when he plays game with hyungs and when they’re being lenient and kind to him, he always refused their help even though at the end he'll be the one that will suffer.
You gotta finish what you started. That's what he thought.

"Do you need music, want to use one of my speaker?" He's still cornering Yeri with that attitude.

Should i cry or should i run, that's the only way out Yeri can think of.

"Just forget it. Eat your breakfast." That's what he said after Yeri doesn't move for more than one minute, he probably tired of waiting and she is glad.
She take a sit in front of him right away and continue to watching him eat his breakfast.

"If you can't do it or don't want to do it, just say it." He told her that, but it's actually an irony for him.

He's someone who's so serious about doing something. He won't let his pride hurting for the sake of  giving up when he's working on something. Whether it's a simple thing like game or more serious thing like his works, his musics, performances, etc. Just recently that he started to learn about putting a stop on something, being honest to himself and people around him about being tired.

***

"Why won't you eat?" Jungkook asking Yeri another question, when he realized that she's not touching her food at all.

"I have concert coming..and i ate enough food yesterday."

Probably the most usual thing for both Yeri and Jungkook, dietting, taking care of their body, eating less, it's like part of their daily life.
Jungkook think that he doesn't have any right to criticized what she's doing, because sometimes he's also taking this part of their life a little bit too far. One meal a day, combined with hours of dance practice and a good amount of exercise at gym. Even though, things get better since he's been busy and he'll lost weight without trying hard like he did in the past.

"i ate a lot yesterday." Yeri remembers her dinner with her driver last night. Rice and a few portion of local food. Not to mentions all the alcohols she drank together with her europe friend and Jungkook.
She give Jungkook a confused  look when he'splacing one plate in front of her, and start filling it with a bunch of stuffs.
"I used to eat like this." He cut a few pieces of roasted chicken , 2 pieces of cherry tomato, and one spoonful spring salad from his plate.
"This much is fine, you can eat this." He pick one cherry tomato with his fork and told Yeri to open .
"You can skip dinner later, but you need this particular breakfast, especially after we ruined our stomach with alcohols last night." Yeri knows exactly what he means with ruined, because the first thing she felt earlier this morning after waking up, is a pain on her stomach. So she eats what he gives slowly, and continue to eat by her self.
"You should try to do some exercise too." He added that and Yeri can only rolling her eyes to him.
"It is a vacation. I've done exercise enough in my everyday life, unless what you means with exercise is also learning how to play bowling just like what you promised me last night, i'll think about it."
The thought of spending times with Jungkook when they're back home is actually excite her. She does have a lot of friends, boy, girl, younger, older. She loves spending times with them.
And for the past few days she learn about him, even when their friendship started by a mistake and having a crisis here and there. Jungkook is a nice guy and she's comfortable enough to be around him.


"I don't actually playing bowling much these days."
Jungkook usually plays alone, with Jimin and his hyungs, or with a few of his close friends, but never with a girl, another famous idol and Yeri on top of that.
He knows that their relationship as a trip partner is getting better after last night long talk, he can learn about her better, and understand her better, treating her as a friend is actually not bad. She's funny, cute, smart, and she's also a nice sparing partner for overwatch.
"A promise, i won't let you get away with that easy. I'll continue to bother you when we're back from this trip."

***

 

"What are you going to do for today?" Switching topic very smoothly Jeon Jungkook.
Yeri is more than happy when he asked, there's a possibility that he's willing to go with her, fullfiling her to do list together. Going to places she wanted, eat the foods she choose.
"I'm going to stay here." He gets up and walking straight to his bed, laying down and turning on a huge TV in front of him.
"All day?" Yeri can't understand why would someone do that.
"I don't feel good." That's his excuse when he saw Yeri is walking closer to him.

It's totally understandable if he doesn't feel good after all the things he did yesterday. He woke up so early to exercise, working for hours, losing his works, stressed because she went missing, looking for her, talking to her till dawn, drunk, low quality sleep, and the fact that one staff hotel told her this morning about Jungkook who spend hours roaming around the road last night to find her, really makes her feel bad. So she decide to makes her own sacrifice.
"Then, i'll stay too."
"I'm fine." Jungkook seems aware that the only reason Yeri want to stay here is because he said he doesn't feel good and the kid feel wronged.
"I'm not staying bc of you, i also don't feel good." Obviously a lie. She just doesn't want to let Jungkook thinks that she care for him that much.
"Fine. suit yourself."


Thanks for reading