Ch : 9

Sweet Escape

"We can watch movies." without waiting for Jungkook's approval, Yeri is already using another half of his bed, sitting on it and takes the tv remote from his hands. She actually wants to suggesting play overwatch. But Jungkook's notebook is not working now, so better to not reminding him about that again.
"I actually learn about you before we're going for this trip." Yeri talk to him with eyes still focusing to the TV screen.  For Jungkook what she said is actually interesting, because he actually did a same thing.
"and what you get from that?"
Yeri can see that Jungkook start to give her attentions because he's no longer laying down and ignore her, he's sitting closer to her, eyes focusing on her, waiting for an answer.
"You first." She knows that there's no way she's the only one who learn about Jungkook. He definitely did too. It's just that she's brave enough to admit meanwhile Jungkook is too prideful or maybe shy to acknowledge it.
"I didn't learn anything." His face is red, and Yeri knows that he's been caught.
"Lie." She give him a smirk and it really feels good to see him like this.

There's a silence between them now, both of them don't say anthing with eyes focusing on TV but mind focusing on something else.
Thanks to hotel staff who's coming and helping them breaking the ice while cleaning up their left over breakfast.
"There will be a local festival at night. It's a great experience for tourist." One of the staff, talk politely with smile to Yeri. Seems like after few days, they're aware that she is a type of tourist who's enjoying this kind of activities.
"oh. right..thanks." she give her a bow, and waving her hand to her when she finally left after cleaning up.

***

 

"So..what movies do i like?" Jungkook is back to her, trying so hard to get content and calm after getting caught  seeking information about her through the internet.
"You know what you read on the internet isn't always the truth." Yeri doesn't understand why she feels the need to let Jungkook knows about it, when clearly as an idol and celebrity himself he knows it better than anyone.
He give her a smile, before answering. "I know."
Jungkook don't remember read anything really bad about her on the internet, except some people calling her rude, unprofessional, untalented, criticism to what she said and what she did which is  an everyday stuffs they need to face.
"Good." Yeri also remember a few things people said about Jungkook, even though he got more positive exposure than herself on daily basis. There are also negative perspective coming from people for him.
"Don't worry about it." Yeri hates it that Jungkook telling her those words while patting her head like it was nothing. She's famliar with being surrounded by older boys and friends all the time.
But she's not used by a stranger who's treating her so well, taking care of her and now even reasurring her about what makes her feel insecure for her entire life. People's perception.

Same thing happened to Jungkook, he is also not used and not good at comforting people. Even if his hyungs or his closest friend having a hard time, it's also hard for him to give them encouraging words.
He'll just end up watching from afar, wishing for them to get better. As much as it’s hard for him watching people he cares and he loves suffering, he's more scared if he can not give enough help to them, and his existence becoming useless.
But with Yeri, after few days spending time with her, he started to trust himself more, trusting himself to help someone and protecting someone, just like what he did yesterday and today.
If he told his hyungs or even his parents back at home about what he did for Yeri, they probably won't believe it.
"Thank you." He told her that suddenly, and Yeri who's now pertified in front of him, still staring at him with more confusion can not believe what she heard.
She's trying hard to decipher what kind of thank you is this,  is it genuine? or maybe a sarcasm.

***

 

"I know you love this movie. I love it too." Jungkook is now pointing his hand to the tv screen in front of them. Such a coincidence. He read about Yeri recommending this movie to a fan or through SNS, she said she loves it and so does he.

Yeri following his eyes to the tv screen, and he’s right. Her favorite movie,.It’s Jim carrey and Kate winslet's movies. It's a famous movie so it's not a surprise that many people love this movie.
It's sweet, romantic, and a smart movie, totally her taste.
She also knows Jungkook loves this movie too, she read about it days ago, when she's try to learn about him. But the fact that both of them is here, in the middle of unexpected trip, and this movie is airing on their cable tv like this is really fascinating for her.
"I can not believe this." She's laughing at the thought of being played by fate. Ridiculous.
"what is it?" Jungkook who's already focus on the movie, slightly bothered by Yeri's laugh and ask her what's wrong.
"Nothing. Let's just watch it."

Yeri is now leaning her back to the bed, pull the blanket up to her neck and getting ready to watch her favorite movie for the 10th times or something.
"Close the window, hurry up." The sun is shining so bright in this tropical island. People are busy playing at the beach, shopping, preparing for the festival, all the exciting outdoor activities, but here Yeri and Jungkook choose to do the odd thing.
Yeri drag her feet to the window and closing it in matter of seconds.
The room is now dark, totally an actual cinema atmosphere. Both of them are so serious watching this.

 And when they finally made it through the scene where Jim carrey decide to erase his memories about Kate. Yeri is already crying, with her fingers holding her blanket tight, eyes is already full of tears, she’s always crying while watching this scene even though she knows that this is not a tragic movie and the ending is somehow happy.
She stare at Jungkook, who's now leaning beside her shoulder to shoulder. And his eyes is teary too, he wipe his tear with his tumb. And Yeri can't help but fascinated by this.
"This is my tenth times and i'm still crying watching this." Her voice is cracking and Jungkook is now busy to hide his face when he realized that Yeri can see his tears clearly.
"I don't believe anyone who doesn't cry watching this. So don't be embarassed. It's a good thing that you cry" She stopped his busy hands on his eyes and give him a smile.

it's not that he's embarassed, he's always crying in almost all BTS’s concert, crying when his group receive an award, Yeri too is probably familiar with his tears, because she's probably there watching everything as an audience but still it is just weird to show tears in front of her.
Meanwhile Yeri is clearly not embarassed for crying like this in front of him. She's even tugging his shirt and wiping her tears with a bunch of tissue paper.

***

 

"I'm glad they find each other again at the end." The movie is now finished, but none of them making a movement. Yeri ask for a watter bottle to Jungkook and he gave it to her while still amazed by her behaviour.
"Do you think i'm good with orange hair just like her?" Yeri is already back to her cheerful condition, without tears and full with a smile. She ask Jungkook about dyeing her hair orange.
"Didn't you already try it?"
"I don't know, did i? she looks confused her self, and Jungkook choose to not responding her and start playing with his phone.


It's take him by surprise when he realized that he rarely use his phone on this trip. When he’s at home having a break or doing nothing, he can spend 7 hours non stop using his phone, browsing, listening to music, watching youtube, reading webtoon, basically everything.
But now...he doesn't even remember if he ever use his smartphone that much on this trip. And he's not sure if that is actually a good thing or bad thing, knowing Yeri is one of the reason of this anomaly.

 


 


"Let's watch another movie. you know i read about that horror movie you recommend it to your fans." Jungkook stopped using his phone right away and put it on the table when Yeri start talking.
"What movie?"
"I don't remember the title, but you said it was a zombie movie or something.”
Jungkook can't believe it. It was a movie that he loves, a spain movie, he was recommend it to a fan in a fansign like 2 or 3 years ago. He only talks about it once, and the fact that Yeri knows about this is really surprising.
"Just how much you learn about me.."

"Honestly, a lot." Yeri find it's useless to lie about something like this, meanwhile  Jungkook looks taken aback with how honest she is.
"You shouldn't lie about it either. what do you know about me?" Jungkook is a shy person and not good on socializing with strangers, and honestly it's really easy to judge him. He always avoiding people's gaze, even when she met him in a few occasion too, he's avoiding people.
"what do you mean?" still try to play pretending  Jeon Jungkook.
"it's totally makes sense that you're seeking information about me, even though we know each other for few years already. We're basically stranger." Yeri is now acting like she's the one that should give him an advice.  Jungkook can't help but find this is hilarious.
"A stranger ask you to spending times together and you agree? i don't know how you're making sense at all." He talks to her, and now leaving her alone on the bed, embarassed and offended.
He's opening their window and now the room isn't dark anymore.
"I have my reasons." Yeri is definding her self and Jungkook just response with a smirk.

Yeri is so different with him. He's a coward on things like this, making connection, showing people his true self, being him. He's been on a spotlight for so long, that he can not help but thinking that people appreciate him the way he portrayed as a public figure. He's wary about people who wants to learn about him and offering friendship or relationship because he doesn't think that people see enough of him to actually accept him just the way he is.

Yeri is now following him, standing side by side with him beside a huge window of their room.
"Do you mind if i told people about you as my friend?" She actually doesn't need permission for that, because why would she need to ask for that much control over something trivia like this, but with Jungkook, she feels like she needs one.
"as long as you don't badmouthing me in front of others." Jungkook is aware that his relation with Yeri won't ended after this trip, both of them are popular, they could attend more than 20 events together per year, not to mention overseas schedule, and with their network of friends being similiar to each other, he thinks being friend is not bad.
"i don't have that much material to badmouthing about you anyway.. " She's pouting her lips, because she was expecting a simple yes and a smile as his answer, not a threath like this.
"I have a lot about you though."
Yeri can't believe what she heard so she turns her face to him, annoyed.
"The way of you scamming me to joining this trip is already bad, not to mention you're scared of water sport, and your behaviour when you're drunk." It's embarassing to actually get judged and people listed all your bad side. Yeri knows that she’s not on her best condition coming to this trip, she acts like a child, demanded, annoying, but still..
"you promised me to keep a secret about that."
"did i?" Jungkook nevers bicker with a girl before, well, not this way. And teasing Yeri is always fun.
"Fine,  i won't tell people that we're friends then." Jungkook is surprised when Yeri is now suddenly serious and actually worried about his jokes. and to hear that she won't tell anybody about their friendship is dissapointing somehow.
"i promise." He give her his hand, asking for a handshake. What Yeri did to him isn't even that bad. There's so much more things that he likes from her than what he hates.
Yeri who was already lose hope and doing nothing but staring at the floor is now happy again.

***

 

"Since you're so nice, i'll help you working on your music, my notebook has the same program with yours. You can use mine." She's taking his hands and now dragging him to a table beside their bed with her notebook on it.
Jungkook could easly said “no thanks, i already saved it on my computer in Seoul,” but he didn't.
Instead he takes Yeri's notebook and start working on things.
"So, what can i do to help you?" Yeri is already joining Jungkook who's now working on the bed with an expensive headphone on his head and a tablet on his side.
Jungkook side eyeing her, like why would you offering help if you don't know what to do with this?
"I'm still learning about this, a beat making right?" Yeri seems aware regarding what Jungkook thinks about her so she try to explain herself.
Jungkook taking off his headphone and put it into Yeri's head.
"You listen. Tell me if my work is good or not." Yeri understand her task, and she told him ok.

It's always amazed her when people like Jungkook and herself is putting this much work into their music. As an idol being a musician is not their main job, that's what Yeri thought since she was young. Idol is an all rounded entertainer, if people demand you as a singer, dancer, actress, model, mc, you just need to do well in all of that aspects.
She always want to learn working on musics, because she wants to sing or performing song that is coming from her own creation, but with tight schedule, not to mention a bunch of variet show she's filmed, concerts, events. It seems so hard for her to makes room for things like this.

"oh that's good." Yeri feels amazed and happy when Jungkook actually heard what she said and takes her opinion seriously even though, she basically knows nothing about this stuffs.
"I'm not actually good either, i usually bother my hyungs at middle of night when i'm stuck working on something to ask for some help." That's what he said when Yeri ask her about why is he so good on this.

It's one minute length of beat, when they finally stopped working, they worked for 2 hour. Yeri is amazed with all things about beatmaking.
"Do you have your own studio?" she's now curious about the way Jungkook works behind the stage, not what she usually saw, but him behind all the fancy clothes and performances.
"Yes, just recently.” He said thanks to Yeri for lending him her notebook, and she just nodding her head slowly.
"oh..i remember, you were mentioned it when you receive an award, in your acceptance speech.” Yeri is already watching Jungkook on stage delivering acceptance speech for a dozen times. In a weekly music show or a grande and major award show. And he's rarely talk, just last year Jungkook started to send some words through that event.
"Probably, i don't usually remember what i said.."
"I think you also said something about loving your mom..i don't know why i remember it."
"maybe you watched it from videos when you learn about me." Yeri give him a stare, they're finished with this talk earlier, why would he bring it again.
"It's true that i also learn about you." Before Yeri could make a protest, Jungkook is now admitting his observation about Yeri before this trip.
Yeri is smiling to him now, feels like she's winning this particular argument.
"so what did you get?"
Honestly, Jungkook can't remember well...but this one from her is particularly stand out.
"You have so many friends." There's an ambiguos tone from his talk, looks like having many friends is not good according to him.

***

 

Well, it's not a secret that Yeri is a social butterfly, she looks like she close with anyone and having interaction with everyone, older, younger, or people around her age, her fellow idols, actress, school friends.
Being with someone and becoming a friend of someone is never that hard for Yeri. She always try to find a better and brighter side from everyone first. Making each other happy, and that's it, everything will naturally flow.
"You probably started since you were very young, maybe even younger than when i was first started. It's kinda amazing for how good you are with people."
Yeri seems aware about what concern that he has about this, being with him for few days, Yeri understand that Jungkook is different with her. Totally different.
"You just need to think that you're good enough.” She stopped and give Jungkook’s a deep gaze before continuing her talk.

“If this can makes you feel better, i think your members really appreciate your existence."
Well, not only he's actually their main vocal and one of most popular member, but Yeri can see that everytime they won an award or simply an interview, BTS members’s eyes always filled with something that’s enough to warm her heart when she was watching it everytime Jungkook started to talk and get his own spotlight. it's shown that he's precious.
"No, not them. They're an exception, and also people who's super close with me is also an exception."
Yeri blinking her eyes a few times, confused.
"I'm not an introvert or something. i used to be as bright as you, running here and there with my friends, playing, it's just this.." He doesn't know why Yeri is even worthy for this deep and serious conversation from him. But he can't stop talking to her about this.
"It's just that me being famous, loved, hated, judged, watched, takes a toll on how much i changed, but why you.."
He find all of this talk is ridiculous, because what would Yeri know about him, and what would he know about her.. it needs more than a few days trip for people to actually carry on with this type of conversation.

***

 

Jungkook isn’t actually a quiet person, He talks a lot, plays a lot, and Yeri getting that vibe from him too even before this trip happened. Sometimes when she walks in front of their backstage door, there will be someone who laughs really loud and it’s not hard to actually notice that it was him.

Not to mention all the times when she saw him in award show or events. He laughs a lot and plays a lot with s. No matter how many people called her and Jungkook's profession as fake. But if someone is indeed a quiet person, they will show their true self, no matter how hard they try to hide it. But there must be a reason why her members or her colleagues is friends with his hyungs but not him.

"Your explanation is hard to understand, but i think i get it."
"You need to lower your expectation." That's what Yeri said and Jungkook give her a confused look.
"Let's use you and me as an example." Yeri pointing her hands to herself and Jungkook respectively.
"we were nobody to each other before this, right?"
Jungkook give her a smile. A laugh actually, a mocking laugh.
"We're still nobody to each other, what are you talking about?" Yeri close her eyes and holding her temper, when he said that.
"What you did for me is not logic if you consider me as nobody." She can not lose, and she give him a strike with this. Well, looking for her like crazy, sacrificing his sleep and his times to comforting her. That’s a little bit too much for him to do that for a nobody.

Jungkook becoming flustered with what she said so, he stopped talking right away.
"Regardless of what you told me, i find you easy to talk with, friendly, a little bit annoying, but it's not that hard to get close to you." Jungkook didn't realized this, because usually people told him that he's hard to approach and they feels like Jungkook is often shutting people off, even though he never means it that way.
"Really?"
Yeri nodding her head.
"That's because you don't have any expectation from me, right? You don't expect me to like you the way you are, you don't expect me to be your friend, you were expecting nothing from me, so you can show your imperfect self to me in comfort."
Jungkook stare at her as she speaks because what she said is a new thing for him.
"We can do whatever you want, because me too, i'm expecting nothing from you"
It is true that they fight and argue a lot, they're showing a long list of their not-so-good behaviour to each other.
"You're not afraid that i'll be dissapointed by the way you act because even if i don't want to be your friend, you'll be fine and lost nothing."
"That's true, i didn't want you as a friend. I was scared of you at the beginning."It's the truth, from the first time Yeri said yes to his offer for weekend meet up. Jungkook thought that Yeri is scary.
"calling me scary is too much." She pouting her lips to him and hit his shoulder lightly. Why would a girl like Yeri is scary?
Jungkook ignores it and told her to continue her talk with his eyes.
"I was like that too at first, i don't care if you hate me later. But the thing is.."
She stopped her talk and now lift her face to Jungkook.
"when i spend times with you, without i realized i started to expecting something."
Yeri didn't really think that she will care with what Jungkook did or said when they first decide to do this trip. But their fight yesterday tell her otherwise.
"I was expecting you to be kind to me, playing with me on this trip, and when you didn't. I was so dissapointed and get mad, that's why we had a fight yesterday."

Right. Yesterday was a fight, Jungkook never think that far about their fight, but he knows that yesterday, he didn't want Yeri to feels hurt by his doing, and hating him after.
"You just need to let people learn about you, and if they hates you after they learned, then they don't deserve you as a friend. That's what i thought." She finished her talk with a smile.
Jungkook isn't someone who can people easily hate, even after she feels humiliated, embarassed, and annoyed by him. She still thinks that he's a good person, so it's kinda bothering her when he's so afraid that people won't like him behind his idol status.

 

***

 

"Go get ready." Jungkook getting up from his sit and now busy with his phone.
"why?"
"You told me you want to visit a famous swing something here." Yeri can't help but draw a big smile on her face.
This is great. She also feels proud that Jungkook is having a soft side for her like this. He said that he wants to stay here all day, but now he's changing his mind.
"You'll go with me, right?" Yeri feels the need to makes sure. So she ask him.
"Hmm.." short response that is enough to makes her running to the bathroom and changing her clothes in speed.

 



Anyone know those movies?