Ch : 15

Sweet Escape

“You need to stop getting mad. It doesn’t suits you.” Yeri is now receiving an IV on the bed with Jungkook standing beside her. She’s annoying even in a situation like this. Thanks to the doctor who’s calling him over,  he can take some time out from Yeri.

“Her injury is fine, CT scan and rontgen is fine too. She’s dehydrated but she’ll be fine, you don’t need to worry.” Jungkook feels super relieved hearing that.

 “I heard the story from her. And i checked her blood tension and her pulse. She’s still in a shock. “ 
Jungkook stare at Yeri who is now busy talking and laughing with her nurse out there. She totally looks fine.

“Her BPM is still a little bit too high, despite the incident happened few hours ago. So I’m suggesting one night stay at the hospital.”

Jungkook said thank you after the doctor finished all his talk. Kim Yerim is really one of a kind, right?

 

“They said I need to sleep here tonight?” Yeri asking Jungkook the question when her nurse is finally done with her IV treatment and leaving the room.

“Yep. Congratulation for spending your night in a hospital thousand miles away from home.”

Yeri give him a smile.

“It’s actually sounds really bad if you said it like that.”

Jungkook stop responding her talk and now he just sit there on the chair beside her bed, and it’s honestly makes Yeri feels awkward.

“what happened?” He finally talks again and Yeri can’t help but rolling his eyes to him.

“I was tripped..”

“What happened?”

Jungkook actually feels bad that he needs to pestering Yeri about her real feelings and her real situation, not a poker face or a fake smile she showed to everyone tonight.  she’s the one who asked him to always listen to her troubles as a close friend. But why now..

“Nothing happened.” Yeri give him an awkward smile, even though he knows exactly what he wants from that question.

“I’m totally fine.” She’s reassuring him once again.

“I’m not doing friendship this way.” Jungkook and his intimidating eyes is should be illegal. Really, it’s actually give chills for other people, just like Yeri who is now petrified at her position with nothing to say.

“If you told me that you’re fine, then you should be fine, or at least act like you’re fine till the end.” Yeri can not disgest his words well, so she just blinking her eyes a few times.

“What happened to you is partially my fault, so you really need to tell me if you’re angry, mad or sad so I can give you a proper apologize.”

***

Jungkook is definitely one of the most people that she likes as a friend. He can see through her really well. Of course, there are so many people who Yeri likes for being kind to her, but with how her friendship with Jungkook started, all those bad words and behaviours that she did and said to him. He already saw every worst type of Kim Yerim for the past few days, but he’s still willing to help her like this. Yeri's afraid that even when they’re back in Seoul, she'll get too attached to him and he’ll becoming her first choice as her safe heaven. Their life in Seoul is different with their life here.

“I seriously want to cry, when they said you were missing.”
Being honest is work both ways, if Yeri doesn’t want to talk, Jungkook will try to becoming more honest with her too.

He looks at Yeri who is now sit on her bed while looking down, she’s not looking at him as he speaks. Yeri takes a deep breath before she lift her face to him.

“I cried.” She told him that while wiping her tears with her fingers.

“I was so scared and I didn’t know what to do when I get lost.” Now Yeri is crying, her voice is cracking. Jungkook feels bad but he also relieved. It’s totally makes sense that people get scared on that situation. There’s no way she would be fine after that.

“I was mad at you for leaving me behind, and I was mad at my self for not listening to you. I regretted my choice to say yes for this course..”She’s talking very slowly while still crying hard, because the experience she had back then is a total nightmare. It’s getting worse when she thought that this is happened because she wasn’t behaving good to her parents, her friends, or even Jungkook for the past few months. It feels like she was punished .

“I was afraid that my parents and everyone will be disappointed if i was gone, and they find out, I went to this trip with a lie to them. They'll think bad about you too, So I tried really hard to find my way out.”

***

For Jungkook, Yeri is probably the only girl he know who will actually makes a choice for saving herself in a situation like that. Especially, for an idol like himself, almost everything on their life is an instructions, the way they talked, the way they dressed, the way they sing, the way they dance. So for Yeri to actually manage to get herself out from that situation is something beyond remarkable, the kid is only 20 years old. She just graduated from highschool this year. And he just so amazed by her and really thankful with what she did.

“I was the one who drag you here for that course. You know that I’ll be hating my self if something bad happened to you right?” Yeri is still crying and when Jungkook talk to her, she can not help but to cry even harder.  Because yes obviously she knows it. And it will just makes her as a burden for more people.

Jungkook let Yeri cry for a while and offer her a glass of water after she stopped. She looks extremely exhausted and with her red eyes and bloated face, not to mention a few stretch on her forehead really makes her looks more pitiful. So different with Yeri on stage that he usually watched.

“I’m sorry for leaving you behind.” Jungkook start to styling her messy hair with his own hands.

“Just for your information, if you told me to stay back then, I’ll stay with you. ”

“I know so I didn’t told you to stay. I don’t want to be a burden. And did you saw all the men from your groups? They’re annoyed by me.”

Yeri stopped Jungkook’s hands from touching her hair and now giving him back her empty glass of water.

“You’re never a burden”


 

 

Yeri doesn’t want to spent her night in the hospital, so they decide to get back. The resort let them to use a huge room as a gesture of apology about what happened.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be back to our hotel first day in the morning. Staying there to take a rest, and going to the airport before midnight.” Yeri is playing with her phone, checking the schedule for their flight.

Yeri is a little bit worried for their flight tomorrow, because they will reach Seoul in day time. That means the airport will be more crowded. Jungkook told her that he’’ll use the connecting flight to their hometown right after they arrived, and Yeri will grab a taxi to come home. It’s going to be a packed schedule but she thinks that she'll be fine.

“And that’s how my break is gone..” Yeri feels a little bit sad that the vacation is ended. But she feels like after this, she can back to her life with so much more confidence. She’ll be more grateful with what she has and working harder to fulfilled all her dreams, doing a good job for people around her and stop giving others hard times.

“I still have one week left.” Meanwhile Jungkook still have another week to enjoy his break before his super busy life started. his group is ready for another comeback, another world tour, tons of events, and cf deals. He’s sure, he won’t have time to do some get away like this until next year at least. Even if he does have chance to visit places for vacation, it’ll be including some works or filming, so yeah..this trip turn out as a good reward for himself.

“Don’t forget about promises you made to me.”

“I don’ t actually remember all of it.”

“I also don’t remember, but just in case I suddenly remember and asking you about it, you can not avoiding me.”

Yeri believes that she will have so many chances to see Jungkook despite their busy schedules, last year alone she probably saw him for more than twenty times, for official events and schedules. Since now they’re basically not a stranger, I think it’s even possible for them to meet each other outside their schedule, it will be too much to ask him out, but if their group of friends is doing something, she can just meet him there. She’ll following her unnies too if they’re going to see BTS members, she knows some of them is friends with Jungkook’s hyungs.

“Alright. I won’t”

“Nice.”

“I think you should have some sleep, I’m going to eat first.”

Thanks to all the drama Yeri caused for today, Jungkook’s last food was their lunch, approximately 10 hours ago. He already feeds Yeri on their way back from the hospital. It’s funny hat he forgets about his own food.

“I’m sorry that you can not have your dinner because of me.” Yeri talk to him while laying on her bed and closing her eyes. She’s glad that tonight they don’t need to argue about who is sleeping on the bed, because this room has two of it. She really needs to sleep after what happened. Today is a long day for her and even more for Jungkook.


 

Yeri and Jungkook is already on their way back since 6 in the morning. Their driver was told about yesterday incident. And he also feels wronged to them, more or less, he’s the one who recommend this place to Jungkook.

“I’m fine now.” Yeri told him that, while trying to makes him feels at ease. Both of them is sleeping on their journey, they’re exhausted mentally and phsycally.

When they arrive Yeri is helped by her driver to walk while Jungkook carrying her bag. Her ankle’s condition is better than yesterday, but it still feels tense if she try to walk.

“I’ll be here at midnight.” Their drive told them about the pick up schedule for their last journey here. Jungkook nodding her head and said thank you to him and now holding Yeri’s hand to help her walk inside the hotel.

“I think you should just call your manager to pick you up tomorrow from the airport.” That’s what he said when he realized that Yeri still can not walk by herself properly.

“I was thinking about that too, but are you gong to be ok, if he saw you tomorrow?” She ask Jungkook that, and he looks surprised by her question.

“No” He said no firmly, nobody from his agency or even s knows that he is here. For someone else’s manager to knowing about it first is totally sounds like a betrayal for him. Yeri already expecting his answer. So she just laugh at him, and take a sit on her bed when they arrived.

“Maybe it will get better tomorrow. It’s not hurt, just a little bit uncomfortable with all the band aid.”

Jungkook nodding his head and now start unpacking his bag. Yeri is doing the same thing with him. She takes all her dirty clothes she used for yesterday course. It’s already ruined, it has holes because of her fall, there’s also a trace of her blood and dirt from sands.
Jungkook told her to throw everything and he’ll buy her a new one, but Yeri refused. She keep it for the sake of memories.

“I’ll tell my kids in the future about what happened, when they’re whining too much about their life.”  That was her reasoning, and honestly Jungkook can not win that one argument. She worked hard yesterday and it is worth a story to tell. He’ll tell his hyungs too when he’s back.

***

“Can I borrow this? I want to see the pictures.” Yeri reach to Jungkook’s expensive camera on the table beside her. Jungkook nodding his head, and Yeri is already busy with it.

Jungkook takes picture of scenery and landscape the most, also peoples. Lots of people. There’s also a pictures of him that was taken by Yeri for few times. Sometimes He will pose for a pictures if he asked, but he mostly ignore her request so his picture only came out as candid.
He also take pictures of her a lot, Since their day one, them reading the speed boat, Yeri watching the sunset, Yeri with her dinner, The festival. He has taken lots of her pictures. And Yeri thinks that he is good with camera because her pictures come out well.

“Can you give me copies of these pictures before you delete everything.” The pictures what Yeri want is only her pictures, she won’t ask for any pictures with both of them on frame. Just like what Jungkook told her since their first day here. Keeping these pictures won’t do any good.

“I’ll do it later.” Jungkook is done with his stuff, he already packed everything, ready to go home.


 

Last few hours of their vacation, Yeri and Jungkook use it to do some small trivia things.  Yeri is watching Jungkook’s performance from foreign award show when she told him that she’ll be visited the country in a meantime for a fanmeeting event. They also talked about their friends, and turns out people who close with Jungkook is also some people that close with Yeri. They decide to do some meet up together with those friends one day.

Jungkook also taking a nap for one hour or so while Yeri studying her script for their agency concert in Dubai.
Not only for Jungkook but things will also get busy for her after this trip.

“I think my ankle is fine now.” It’s 6 PM already, Yeri asked Jungkook to watched their last sunset together. But he doesn’t want it, so she’s going alone to the roof.
Not more than 10 minutes she’s back. 
While showing off her ankle.

“Good. Now bring me back some food for dinner.”

Yeri doesn’t say anything, but she walking toward the hotel’s phone and ordering a bunch of stuffs for them to eat. Jungkook was surprised with her act. Because last time, she was running around straight to the kitchen when he ask her for breakfast .

Yeri seems understand his confusion.

“I didn’t get lost and makes you stressed on purpose yesterday. So don’t expect  something grande like that anymore.”

***

They’re waiting for 20 minutes while playing a game on Jungkook’s phone when finally their dinner is here.

“You can not drink those.” The first thing Jungkook saw is a bottle of wine that Yeri ordered. She think that their vacation needs to get celebrated because it’s ended without any huge obstacles.

“Please take it back, I’ll get two milkshakes instead.”

“You’re so lame.” Yeri rolling her eyes to him, but she’s not doing any further protest. Looks like she still has some sense.

 Honestly Jungkook will takes any drink that can make him drunk in one second after what happened yesterday. He’s one of the drinking member on his team, together with Jin and Jimin. He’s enjoying it. But Yeri was hospitalized last night, giving her that drink sounds like a really bad thing to do to someone else’s daughter.

“Can you put these outside?” Yeri told the hotel staff to placed their dinner on the table outside the balcony. They accept her request right away. The last thing they put on the table is two glasses strawberry milkshake Jungkook ordered earlier.

“Enjoy your food.”

***

 

Jungkook is quiet when he eats. He only talks to Yeri about the food.

“This is delicious, try it.” That’s what he said all the time.

For Yeri, it’s also entertaining to watch him eat, he chew fast and food is gone faster from his plate than hers.

“I always wanted to ask you this,  why did you approach me for a weekend get away back then?” She ask him a question while eyes are focusing to his plate.
 

To told Yeri about that stupid game he did with his hyungs and her as a punishment is never Jungkook’s choice. Anyone will feel bad hearing that. And he doesn’t want Yeri to get hurt.

“Are you interested with me?” She’s asking that one question like it’s an everyday thing she usually ask to a man.

Jungkook stopped from his eat and give her a smile.

“If that’s what you think then be it.”

“But I don’t think I’m your type..” Typical girl will be satisfied and happy enough with Jungkook’s answer. But Yeri is weird.

“ What do you know about my type?”

“I heard you like Jieun Unnie.”

Well, yeah everybody know that. Jungkook doesn’t remember how many times he said that he likes IU in tv shows or interviews. And that’s because it’s the truth.

“I’m close with her, she also helped me to learn about music.”

It’s new to Jungkook, he knows that for Yeri gaining a new friend is not a hard thing to do. But he doesn’t expect her to be close with his idol either.

“I can help you.”

“I’m not liking her that way.”

“What way?”

“I’m a fan, ok? And I already told you about this the first time we met, I’m not a coward if like someone, I’ll come to them by myself without anyone else’s help.”

Yeri remember, of course. At the music show backstage, when they’re talking beside emergency stairs and Yeri thought Jungkook come to her because he’s interested with one of her unnie.

“After I get to know you, you’re totally like a different person.”

Jungkook is already finished his food and now lift his face to Yeri who keeps talking to him.

“It’s your own problem, I don’t build a fantasy or imagination about someone I don’t know before, so I have nothing to say about you.”

“I didn’t mean different in a bad way.”

***

 

The shy Jungkook her fellow idols, The almighty and confidence Jungkook on stage, The annoying and caring friend Jungkook, which one of him is real. Yeri just curious.

“All of it is me.” That’s his answer when she asked.

“You like it or not, everything is me. Just like what you said, I already let you learned about me, and now is your choice.”

“I like you. You’re a good friend.”

Yeri is now getting up from her sit and standing on the edge of the balcony, giving a dark see a longing stare. This trip and Jungkook will probably ended up as part of her youth. She’ll probably becoming a completely different person after few years. Who knows..

“You’re not a bad person, so don’t worry about it.” Jungkook is now standing beside her following her gaze.

“I know I called you annoying, rude, and childish for a few times on this trip. But I also thought that you’re nice.” He’s continuing his talk and Yeri now staring at him with her big eyes.

“Thank you for saying that.”

Yeri can’t explain, but hearing Jungkook giving her advice and complimenting her is really good for her feeling. It’s like you finally have someone that knows the real you and most of your bad side but still willing to accept you just the way you are.

“I always want an older brother like..”

Yeri knows exactly that she’s always weak in front of Jungkook and his deadly gaze. Those eyes, she saw it for the first time few days ago, when he came to her at the club. When she thought that Jungkook will get mad and angry, but he’s not and he just give this exact gaze to her. At that time, she doesn’t understand why she feels uneasy after seeing it. But she just can’t continue with her own mind, everything is went blank. Just like right now.

***

Jungkook just feel thankful to Yeri for bringing him to this trip. Let him learn to become a better person, let him protecting her and bothering her. It’s nice to gain a new friend through unexpected encounter.

“Thank you for..” He was going to say thankyou to her when Yeri start coming to him and give him a kiss.
He doesn’t remember when was the last time he received a kiss, maybe few years ago from one of the girl he introduced to by his brother or maybe his ex girlfriend from middle school who’s suddenly asking for a meet up after he debuted. But this one feels new for him.

***

There are so many other men out there who’s kind to Yeri, giving her a hug, buying her food, listen to her problems, encouraging her life, giving her advice, someone like Jungkook is never a new thing on her life. But why she did this, she never want to kiss any of these men, but why him. And to note this as her first kiss, plus she come to him first is really crazy. She’s crazy.

 Yeri knows that stopping this is a must, but when she already  made up her mind, Jungkook won’t let her go and now kissing her back, his lips on hers, he started gentle and slow, but it only takes seconds for him to start kissing her open mouthed.
She never done this before but, she thought that she’s quite good on this. Because she can response and act naturally, Her hand is on his back now, she even tip toeing to on her shoes to makes her face closer to him.

And when she heard noises coming from her throath without she intended too, she knows that this is no longer her first kiss, but a hot make out. Jungkook is so good with this, he’s placing his hand on her face and moving it to the back of her head slowly,  and when he start to grab her hair and pulling it in one gentle movement. Yeri thinks that this is her alarm, she really needs to stop.

***

 

Kim Yerim is ruining his life, at least that’s what Jungkook’s thought whe she finally push him away from her. He can not control his expression and the only thing he did is staring at Yeri’s swollen lips. He did that.
His hand is still on her head, holding it like that’s the only thing which can make him stand on his feet right  now.
They’re crossing the line, He is crossing the boundaries. That much he knows.

And obviously Yeri doesn’t know what to do and what to say, because she just takes a few steps away from him and bowing her head to him before running away.

 


 

Yeri now sitiing inside an empty restaurant at the hotel lobby, She put her head down to the table and start organizing his thought while trying to calming her self.

The good thing is, her first kiss is a success and she thought that she did well. And she’s doing it with Jungkook which technically a friend.

“But you don’t do hot make out with a friend.” Yeri is now talking to herself while trying to put pieces of her memories about what was just happened.

“I did it first. Right..” Yeri can’t believe that she kissed him first.

Meanwhile..

Jungkook is now looking at his dinner at the table and scanning it slowly. What is the food?

He already sent the wine back, so this one happened not because he’s drunk.  He likes Yeri, yes as a friend, she’s nice. But to kiss her like that is something that can not explain by a simple affection to a friend. And the fact that she ran away right after it really makes Jungkook feels ruined. Does she regrets it? Well at least he knows that he isn’t. It was a good one.

***

It’s been one hour after Yeri left out the room, she honestly don’t know how to react in front of Jungkook after what happened. Should she act cool about it and told him that it’s a goodbye kiss.
But the fact is  she can not do that, because even her own minds and her own feelings is already scattered by that kiss.
Her parents won’t be proud if they know she did this with a man she knew for a week.

“Whatever.” Yeri opening the door of her room, and walking with a small step. Her heart is already lost its bpm count, beause honestly it’s nervewrecking.

She glance at the balcony, Jungkook and their dinner is not here. Someone already cleaned it up. She’s opening the bathroom door. Empty. Jungkook is not here.

She let out a long sigh, she feels relieved. Jungkook and his consideration is always the best kind.

***


Jungkook come back after spend his time at the gym for one hour. He find Yeri is already here, sleeping with her shoes on. What happened is confusing even for him, he understand that it’s probably more for Yeri, the girl was lost at the mountain last night and now got her first kiss stolen by someone who basically the reason she get lost at the first place. That must be .

Jungkook help her to taking of her shoes and now using a small chair to sit beside her, watching her sleep. He’s reaching out his hand to her, and now holding it slowly. He probably likes her more than a friend, that’s what Jungkook thought.
Before liking or loving her, he get to care for her first. And that’s probably the reason to how what he feels for her could takes a turn In a slight seconds.

“I’m not even sure what is happening. Let’s talk and find out tomorrow.” He’s ruffling her hair slowly while talking to sleeping Yeri about wanting to talk with her.
He thought that things like this shouldn’t have ended as misunderstanding. At least he want to say sorry for her.

***

Yeri is changing her sleep position and now her back is facing him. She’s far from actually sleeping, she heard everything and she feels everything, his touch his gentle and sweet voice to her. Everything.

And there’s a slight tears coming from her eyes without she realized. She doesn’t want this, she wants Jungkook as her friend, not this. She’s angry to herself because she knows exactly that she’s the one who did this.


 


Yeri is ready to came out from her room at 11 PM, one hour earlier from what she promised to their driver and to Jungkook yesterday.

Jungkook is still sleeping on the couch, hugging his pillow while listening to music from his phone.
Yeri can not do this, she isn’t like Jungkook who can makes decision and conclusion fast. She’s also confused herself about what is going on between them, but she can not find an answer fast, she can not talk with Jungkook tomorrow, acting like what she feels and what she thought about him is nothing serious. They’re playing with heart here. She doesn’t want to get hurt and she doesn’t want to hurt others, so she thought that it’s better to parting ways first.

She come to him and let her hand touch his warm cheeks, he’s really a good person, it’d be nice to have a boyfriend like him. But one week is not enough time for her to do that. And also, she’s only 20 years old and just started learning about life and enjoy her career, having a boyfriend is probably the last thing she wants to do right now.


“He needs to get ready at midnight, so please wake him up around 11.30.” Yeri now talk with one of the hotel staffs while procceding to check out. She ask their help to waking up Jungkook, so he won’t be late for his flight.

“Your friend already paid for it earlier tonight.” They told her that Jungkook already paid for all the extra expenses, including room service and their food for the past week they’re here.

Yeri nodding her head and letting them know that she understand.

“If he’s looking for me, just told him that I went home first, because something came up. If he looks worried and stressed just like when I went missing last time, please help him to get calm, and told him that I’m fine.”

“Alright, we understand, thank you for staying with us.”

Yeri took a taxi to get to the airport, she manage to secure a ticket on last minute for a flight to Seoul one hour earlier than Jungkook’s flight.
So here she is, at the end of her trip where she messing it up on last minute.

***

“What do you mean she’s gone?” Jungkook really hates Yeri right now. She’s gone without any words and leaving him behind because of one kiss.
They can talk about that. Why would she run away. It’s not like he’s asking her to marry him and spend the rest of her life with him, it’s not like he’s asking her to abandon her career only to become her girlfriend, because she kissed him once.

“Something came up, so she was told to come home first.” Hearing the hotel staff explanation will never satisfying him.

Jungkook can’t believe what Yeri did. And when his driver asked about Yeri when he arrived, he already tired to think about any possibilities.

“She’s ran away.” That’s Jungkook’s answer and he realy hates her for that.


Jungkook didn’t know that Yeri already took a different flight with him, so till last minute he’s still waiting for her to showed up, just like the first time they decide to do this trip.
Even when he already sit on the plane, he’s till hoping Yeri will showed up and take a sit beside him. But until the plane landed back to Seoul, she never showed up.

“Coward.” That’s what Jungkook said, when she doesn’t even picking up her phone when he try to reach her right after he’s back home.

What a way to ruining my life Kim Yerim.






Finished!!

Thank you for reading this, and enjoying my story. lots love .

Keep supporting Jungkook and Yeri in real life too!