Ch : 4

Sweet Escape

It’s not a single bed..Funny” Jungkook give her a look, and talk to her while throwing his beanie to the corner of the room. The room is gogeous, with one huge bed in the middle of the room, a balcony with the deep blue sea as its background, a medium size dining table beside the window, and a couch in the corner. There's also a huge LED TV, small fridge and a mini bar with coffee machine on it. Everything is perfect for him, if only Yeri is not here.

“I swear, I booked a double bed, because I don’t like sharing bed even with my girl friend.” She looks frustrated too, but what can she do. This is probably the only room left inthis hotel.

“Whatever. Deal it with your self, I’m taking the bed. You can use the couch" Jungkook started to laying on the bed, purposefully in the middle, taking as much place as he can.

“Such a gentleman.” Yeri kicks the bed and now start to unpacking her suitcase. Today is supposed to be a happy day, first day of her escape. She determined to not let anyone ruining it for her, not even Jungkook.

Yeri changes her clothes and pack some of important things to her small bag. She's ready for this vacation.

"You can do whatever. I’m going out and taking the car.” She talks to Jungkook who is now started to sleeping soundly, still with his shoes on, at the corner of the huge bed which is supposed to be hers. 

***

Yeri was asked for the driver to showed her around. She stopped by at some restaurants and eating her lunch there. Being alone on a trip like this is a total bummer. Saeron usually take pics of them and post it on her SNS. They will talk about everything, from light to heavy topic, from sad to happy story. The things to talked about is varied but it is never a dull moment. And being alone like this is not good. You’ll feel lonely in a crowded place. No matter how warm is the weather or how beautiful is the scenery.

She feels down suddenly, so she ask her driver to drop her back at the hotel. It’s only 3 PM. Jungkook is probably still sleeping. She doesn’t care, she'll just spend time on the hotel swimiing pool or a spa center.

“Back already?” Yeri was surprised when she find Jungkook is arranging all his work equipments on top the office table beside the bed.
 He looks fresh, he’s already change his clothes to a red and yellow floral shirt. He definitely looks like someone who well prepared for this trip. Yeri herself is wearing a long floral dress, with a crop over her shoulder. But she did came prepared, meanwhile Jungkook who resisting this trip like it's an apocalypse shouldn't wearing that shirt.

“Nice shirt.” She talks while walking to a bathroom to wash her face. She means it as sarcasm, but Jungkook looks happy with the compliment.

“Bought it from Hawaii last year.”

“I’m not asking.” She scream from the bathroom, when she can heard Jungkook’s answer behind the door.

She’s expecting a counter attack, but she hears nothing. And when she came out from the bathroom and find Jungkook is no longer in the room, she feels disappointed.

“ugh..i don’t want to be alone.” She dragging her feet to the bed and laying in there for a precious few minutes, before Jungkook tapping on her shoulder and waking her up.

“My territory.” He’s pointing his finger to the bed and asking her to move.

“Geez. You’re so childish.” She get up slowly, she does feels annoyed but also relieved knowing someone is actually here with her.

“I was walking around, there’s a water sport corner at the beach. I want to try some.” He started talking and Yeri can only stare at him blankly. Is he asking me to doing it together?

“Take pictures for me.” Obviously no. He’s handing his expensive camera to her, and Yeri can only receive it with an awkward smile.

***

“This is supposed to be my vacation.” She talks while walking behind him, who looks so excited skipping at the beach. 

When they arrived Jungkook is already talking to the guide, looking so serious and excited

“That looks dangerous. Are you going to be okay?” Yeri is familiar with speed boat, she did some water sport for a variety show before. So does Jungkook who did it for BTS’s DVD

“I’ve done it before.” He try to reassuring her and now change his floral shirt with a life jacket the guide giving him.

Well seeing him without his shirt on is awkward, so Yeri throw her glance to the ocean and back to him after he’s done with the preparation.

“And what am I supposed to do with this?” She lift his camera and her shoulder at the same time.

“You take picture with that.” He answer her right away, and Yeri just nodding her head.

“We can take a picture for you. Miss, just ride with him, our staff is good at taking pictures.” One of the guide who’s busy tighting Jungkook’s life jacket is now talking to them.

Ride with him? No, Yeri is maybe stupid for going to this trip, but to risk her own life to Jungkook who she barely know is beyond ridiculous.

“Ah..No, I’ll just take a picture and wait here.” She shakes her head and refuse the offer politely.

“She’s scared..just let her be.” Jeon Jungkook is triggering in such a way, Yeri knows this since the first time he talked to her.

“I’m not.” She looks annoyed but Jungkook ignore her and choose to laugh at her instead. She feels super bad because 2 guides who's helping him is also laughing at her.

“Give me one of those.” She ask for a life jacket to a younger guide beside her and put Jungkook’s camera at a table.

“I’m riding too.”

Jungkook lost his smile, but the guide is now helping her to wear the life jacket.

“Ohh.. you’re brave.” That’s what the guide said, and that makes her feels so good.

***

“and..why are you riding with me?” 

“I can’t riding it by myself.” Yeri really need to answer Jungkook’s most demanded question as soon as she sit on the boat.

“There are lots of room for two, don’t be so petty.” She continuing her talk, but Jungkook doesn’t satisfy with her answer, how is he supposed to have a good shot of him riding a speed boat when Yeri is here. As if he will sending the pictures to his hyungs and his parents at home, with her on frame.

“You can ride with the guide.” It's sounds more like a command rather than a suggestion and Yes obviously she could, it’s part of the service. But risking her life with Jungkook like this is already challenging, she won’t do it with some stranger who doesn’t even live in the same country with her.

“If I died on this ride, I’ll become a ghost and told my parents that you’re the one who is responsible for this, it is easier for them to find you than the guide.” She talks while chuckling, and Jungkook hates it.

“This is dangerous, and that’s not funny at all.” Yeri stopped right away, and now hiding her face from embarrassment. Lectured twice in a day. Perfect.

“I trust you more than I trust him, isn’it clear?” She's nearly screaming while saying that, because she hates it that Jungkook is right and she's wrong.

The guide is walking to them and helping them to start the engine of the speed boat.

“You need to hold onto him tight.”She said to Yeri and she did. This man is a god for her right now, she will do whatever the guide says.

“If you’re losing your balance, slow the boat and let the wave do the work, you’ll fall but that’s ok, the life jacket will helps you float.” Jungkook and Yeri is now nodding their head at the same time.

“Your camera is over there, so you will know when to pose.” He pointing his hand to one of his staff holding a camera at the beach.

Honestly Yeri don’t care about the picture at all. Jungkook can get as much shot as he wants, but he needs to bring back her alive from this ride.

The guide left them and now started to do the last checking of the boat.

“I rode it before don’t worry.” He tapped her hands on his waist slowly, looks like he is aware that Yeri is super scared for this.

“But what if you forget how to ride this?”

“You should consider it before you hopped on to this boat.” He started the boat right after talking and Yeri can not do anything but close her eyes shut. This thing is super fast. And this is scary. But it's not long before she realized that the feelings of water splashing mixed with a wind sea is refreshing. Yeri started to open her eyes and what she's looking at is a total beauty.

A wide blue sea, white sky and colors of small boat around her is so pretty. She can spend hours looking at the scenery. It’s so pretty, and riding this is really helping her to feels like this is a vacation.

“Are you ok?” Jungkook honestly holding back a lot while riding this. He want to go faster and further but considering there’s someone else’s life on his hand. He decide to not do that.

“Yeah this is fun. I bet the view at the front is even better.”

He stopped talking to her when he know that she is fine. Things like this should get enjoyed, and just like her, he is enjoying this too.

***

The ride finished after 20 minutes and they're back to the beach with damp hair and sea water all over them.

Some guides helping them taking their life jacket and one of them is complimenting Jungkook.

“You’re good at riding.” He only replying him with a smile, he takes a glance to Yeri who is now covering her face with both of her hand.

“What happened?”

“I think I got tons of sea water on my eyes and it hurts really bad, can you give me some water or something?”

He heard it, and he’s running to a small table where his floral shirt and a bottle water stored. He’s wearing his shirt while walking to her, and helping her to wash her face with a clean water.

Kim yerim, good job.

That’s a total lie, it is still weird to seeing him without his shirt, so she will do anything to not feeling awkward. Including making up a story like this, innocent man believes it, and she is glad.

“It’s okay now. Thanks” She started to open her eyes slowly and what she saw is beyond surprising. Jungkook who looks extremely worried, just like his dad when he saw her fainted in a concert.

“I am fine now. Thanks.” She needs to repeat that sentence to makes Jungkook stopped pouring water to her hands.

Jungkook feels like Yeri is indeed his responsibility,  just like what she said if something bad happens to her on this trip, there’s nobody else to blame but him. The girl is younger than him and just turn 20 for a few weeks. She’s kinda fearless and lowkey stupid. So he genuinely don’t want anything bad happened to her, at least until this damned trip finished.

***

“The shots coming out really well. Both of you are pretty.” One man give Jungkook his camera back and complimenting their pictures. Yeri give him a smile.

“I want to try that too.” Yeri and Jungkook is now sitting on the beach while drinking a coconut the guide gave them. It is a service they said, but she doesn’t see anyone else having it but them.

“A banana boat? It’s not so fun compared to what we did earlier, you’ll get extremely soaked.”

“oh…so you know things.” She give him a glance and he replying it with smile.

“I’ve done plenty things since debuted. I went places. Try something new and taking new challenge just like this water sport. And also I’m not scared over things like this.” Yeri nodding her head as a response. She knows obviously what he means about going places. He’s probably the 22 years old most successful idol in their country. His group is extremely popular and successful.

“Cool.” She manage to give him one word.

“But seriously, that joke earlier. It wasn’t funny at all.” Yeri stops her drink and staring at him on disbelief. She can’t believe he still remembers that.

“I know. Sorry.”

Jungkook gets up from his sit and now start walking on the sand. Yeri doesn’t really want to follow him, but again, she doesn’t want being alone. And when she made up her minds to follow him, Jungkook is running back to her.

“Let’s watch the sunset over there.” He’s pointing his hand to a cliff on the right side of the beach. Many people are there, seems like it is indeed a hot spot for watching a sunset, not many times left before her first sunset in Bali so of course she needs to watch.

***

Yeri is busy with her own thoughts while waiting for the sunset, and Jungkook is busy with his camera. He’s taking short videos, and he’s also taking picture of Yeri.

“I’m a celebrity, my picture has value. You can not use it without my consent.” And she’s aware that he’s doing that.

“I”ll probably delete everyting when we back home. “ He answer here while still taking a picture of her from the side. 

“Why? Just give me the memory card. I’ll pay for it.”

“That will cause lots of problems in the future, so let’s not.” Jungkook is being realistic. Like obviously him having her pictures on his care about this trip is extremely risky.  Yeri gives up, because she also knows what he means and she’s agree with that.

“Oh, it’s starting.” Yeri gets up from his sit so does Jungkook and other tourists. They’re busy taking pictures with their phone.

None of them say anything till the sun is gone under the tip of the sea. They’re busy with their own thoughts.

***

 

Back to their room, Yeri takes a shower first, and when she finished she find Jungkook who’s in the middle of conversation on his phone. She feels like playing. So she shout out to him with a high pitched voice.

“I’m done showering.” He knows what her intention is, he gave her a gaze right away.

“This is my mom.”

Oops. Yeri doesn’t want to expose herself to Jungkook’s parents so she get quiet right away. After a long talk, now Jungkook is back inside, and rolling his eyes to her.

“You don’t need to do that. Nobody will bothered by that.” Yeri is aware what he means. He is single, nobody will be jealous even if Yeri screaming sweet talk on his phone.

***

Yeri is now sitting on a dinner table beside a huge window. She ordered tons of room service, steak, rice, dessert, everything, she even made some cup ramen to eat. She’s not that hungry, but she thinks that Jungkook eats like a pig so she ordered everything.

Jungkook gets out from the shower and find Yeri who is now staring blank at the ocean behind the window. The ocean is dark at night, but she’s so serious staring at it. She’s wearing her silk white pajamas, a little bit bigger than her size. She definitely looks like a kid at this state. Without her excessive make up and all those eye lenses and fancy hairstyles.

“Are you feeding a horse with this?” He decide to bother hers with a question, she seems confused but now stare at him. Yeri is glad that Jungkook stil have consideration to her, He’s always wearing his clothes inside the bathroom after shower. He change his clothes in the bathroom too. It makes things less awkward for her.

“I’m feeding a pig. A handsome pig.” Jungkook knows a handsome pig is himself. And he doesn't deny it, He does eat a lot. Everyone on his team is a heavy eater.

He takes a sit in front of her and start devouring an instant ramen, and then a steak.

Yeri is having a banana split, but watching him eat makes her stomach full in an instant. She never see a man eat this close, well her dad and manager is an exception.

 All the room services she ordered is gone after one hour. She eats like 10% of it and Jungkook did the rest.

“You pay for that.” She said that after realized that Jungkook even ate her left over banana split.

“I didn’t eat anything since this morning.” He gave her an excuse, but Yeri just ignored him and went to her couch to sleep. There’s a few meters distance between the bed and the couch. Bed is Jungkook’s territory so Yeri should be satisfied with a medium size couch on the corner of the room. She’s a girl and not too tall, so this couch is comfortable enough  for her.

“I’ll be working on some things, so don’t turn off the light.” He told her that when he’s bringing out a small tablet and expensive headset from his suitcase.

“Hmm.. good night.” Yeri turn her back from him and try to get some sleep, strangely enough..tonight it’s easier for her to sleep than other nights.



So...first of all, Thank you for reading this.

Just in case anyone is curious, i'm updating this story fast, because i already made it months ago. I just needed to post each chapters and working on some formatting. And this is the last one that i have. :(
So...i can not promise you a fast update anymore.

I'm not good with complicated story line, so don't expect too much from this
Just enjoy it and don't think too much.

once again, happy reading.

-Dianca