Ch : 6

Sweet Escape

 

Yeri left him, because obviously the only thing he wants to do now is teasing her. And she hates it, she was genuinely worried this  morning. He is the only one she has on this trip and the thought of him gone is really a nightmare. What should she say to people, his parents, his fans, s, to everyone?

“It’s my habit. It is bad and I don’t know how to fix it yet.” He’s now walking faster to catch up with Yeri who’s still looking down with her hair covering her face.

“Let’s go get mcdonalds” He hold her arms to stopped her from her walk when he saw mcdonalds. Menu at this kind of place is same in all over the world so it won’t be hard to order.

“Do you want to eat this here? Or taking it away to the hotel?” Jungkook is asking her, because honestly he doesn’t want to eat here, people is everywhere and the chance of people recognized him here is quite high.

“I want to eat somewhere else.” Yeri is answering him because obviously, she feels the same as him.

***

“It is nice that they allowing us to eat at the pool like this.” They choose to eat their food at the hotel’s swimming pool. Yeri is not responding him and focusing her attention to a small chese burger on her hand.

“My mom was crying too once.”

“I’m not your mom. And the reason she cried and the reason I cried is totally different” Yeri is surprised herself, because why she alway feels so attacked by his words and thinks that she needs to do a defense every time. Like now.

“I just said that to makes you feel better. Overreacting.”

“You know, eventhough i’m an adult, i still get scared if my trip partner is dead.” She feels like she needs to do some sort of explanation about her crying to him.

Jungkook is not responding and only a smirk appearing on his face. The way Yeri keep emphasized that she’s an adult is hilarious to him. He’s been an adult for years, but honestly not too many things changed. He’s still childish and behaving like a kid arounds people.

“I’m a kid at home, and also a kid at dorm. Being an adult is so much more than declaring your ages everywhere.” Yeri lift her face to him. That was for her, she knows.

“I think i remember. It was 2 years ago isn’t it?” Yeri talk to him fast. Eyes on him. Jungkook is now giving her a confused look.

“Yeah 2 years ago, at the gayo festival, you were interviewed about being an adult or something right before the new year. I was there behind you. People said that i hates you because i was rolling my eyes when you were talking.” Jungkook doesn’t remember. But Yeri clearly remember.

“I didn’t know that.”

“I was staring at you because i thought you’re cool.” Yeri expecting another flustered and embarassed Jungkook, but seems like he already used to her complimeting him.

“Thanks, i always thought you’re indeed enjoying my team on stages. You probably wasn’t aware, but i saw you often, singing and dancing to our songs when we were performing on stage.”  That is a fact his group is cool, and Yeri does listen to their songs often.

“We love your groups too. We heard your songs and dancing to it.” Of course Yeri is aware, Once BTS performing one of her song. Her unnies won’t shut up and they will watch the video together. And they’re super good on it.

“It was my first year of debut i think, when my unnies started to talk about your groups .” Jungkook remembers that his group and Yeri’s promoting at the same time often but he feels like Yeri is less familiar than the other members.

“I joined late.” She seems to aware what Jungkook’s confused look means so she’s kindly explaining to him.

“oh, right.”

“I was  17 years old when i made my debut.” She’s continuing her talk, and Jungkook nodding his head.

“Same age with me.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

There’s a pause after that, but Yeri is now staring at him with her big eyes. She’s done being embarassed for getting caught crying on him now. And talking to him is fun, it’s not awkward or weird at all.

“Was it hard?” She’s asking him a question.

“It was hard. Being away from home is the worst thing. Making friends is hard, i was working since a very young age, so i feel like my life was getting fast forwarded.”
Jungkook now throwing a glance to her who seems so serious listening to his words.

“Was it hard?” Now he’s the one asking her question.

Yeri give him a smile and closing her eyes before back to him with an answer.

“ Rather than hard. I just feels like the whole thing is different from my expectation. I can’t seems to pinpoint one thing. But what i saw from this life when i was younger is different with what i have now.” She talks to him with her eyes wandering around the sky. She try really hard to explain it with the easiest way.

“In a good way or a bad way?”

“Both.” She’s turning her face to him suddenly. And makes him feel flustered. She really looks like a kid at closer look.

“As someone who spend 800 days more than you in this world. I could give you an assurance. Your life will be better at some point.” Yeri give him a look, she can’t believe what she heard.

“I wasn’t complaining about my life. I don’t think my life is miserable, what’s wrong with you?” Jungkook looks surprised but manage to pat her shoulders.
“Sometimes a childish adult needs that kind of words as a motivation.” He’s teasing her and she knows it.

 Yeri is planning to bother him rignt away. She’s dipping her bare hands to a pool beside her, and splashing a huge amount of water to Jungkook’s face. He’s covering his face. Hit by water like this is painful.
Yeri feel wronged to find such reactions coming from him, and she’s ready to say sorry when she feels a big hand is on his back and pushing her into the water really hard. She takes a dive for a few seconds before manage to coming out from the water.

Jungkook can not help but laugh watching her soaked inside the pool, wet from head to toe. Her expression is pitiful, and he can see her eyes started to get teary and he stopped right away.

“Seriously?” Yeri is surprised by the way Jungkook behaving to her, she’s so getting used with boys around her protecting her and being gentle, just what kind of guy did this to a girl.

“I couldn’t breath under water.” Jungkook bite his lips when he knows that Yeri is angry right now. He’s so getting used with a though play like that with his own hyungs. He’s not supposed to do that to a girl, someone who he barely knows. It’s weird, but Yeri give a familiar feeling just like people he already knows for long.

She’s still catching her breath and blinking her eyes a few times. When she find Jungkook is now already joining her in the pool, walking toward her with an awkward smile. So you do feel guilty, huh?

“I’m sorry. It was an impulse, you started it.” He still have the audacity to blame her.

“Really?” She’s splashing more water to him

“Stop it. You’re such a kid, look. That’s a huge mess you created.” He’s holding both of her arms with his palm. And Yeri following his eyes.
Playing with water in the middle of your dinner is not good. Her left over cheese burgers is everywhere, Jungkook’s French fries and Nugget is also scattered beside the pool.

“One round and the loser clean up the mess.” Yeri suggesting another round of game. A sport game. She’s good at swimming so she’s confidence now.

The last time Jungkook agreeing to play a game, He ended up joined this damned trip. He seems hesistate to play another game. But his ambition to winning is greater than that, so he said yes right away.

***

Yeri is really good, and when Jungkook realized that he lose another game to her. He can’t help but feeling devastated, am I unlucky or just simply cursed?

He’s getting out from the pool, and now start cleaning up, Yeri staring at him, sometimes giving him a smile and waving her hands while take a few rounds of swim. She gotta admit that, his existence really helping her a lot on this trip. She’s naturally a bright person and she doesn’t like being alone. She loves to play and talking to people.

Jungkook finished cleaning up, and now searching for Yeri who’s still busy swimming with her pajamas on the other side of the pool. This trip is surprisingly enjoyable for him, He thought that being together with her will be awkward, because he’s a shy person and not good socializing with stranger, but Yeri is flexible and she has skills to make people around her comfortable, even though sometimes she’s going overboard, but Jungkook thinks she’s a fine person.

“Are you done?” Now she’s back to him and Jungkook can see that she’s tired already.

“Yeah, are you ready to go? “

Yeri shaking her head. “One more round.” She left him back to other side of the pool. And Jungkook decide to let her be, and bring back some towel for both of them from the inside.

Jungkook left for quite a long time, because he decide to take a shower on the hotel pools instead, because when they’re back to their room, Yeri will take times to shower and he can not wait while drenching. He’ll definitely got sick. He also bought a simple white shirt and a short at the lobby.

 “Let’s go.” He’s back and Yeri is still swimming. He told her that this is past midnight and the pool needs to get cleaned by the staffs. She heard him and getting out in an instant. He’s helping her get out and wrapping her with a few towels.

Yeri thinks that she’s already warm enough covered by 4 or 5 towels. But Jungkook is weird, he stills trying to covering her up with more towels, around her head, her waist even her face.

“What are you doing right now?” That’s what she said when she realized that she can barely see after Jungkook covering her face with a huge towel.

“Here is  probably a tropical island, but the night wind is super cold.” He lift his face to Yeri who is now stopped his hands from doing things.

“I’m fine.” She’s taking off a few towels from her body and just use a huge one to cover her hair and her face.

***

Another habit that she manage to catch coming from Jungkook beside his crazy sleeping habit is the way he’s holding hands with people. Others usually holding someone else’s hand by their palm, but he’s holding it like a kid, he’s locking all his fingers to the other person and grabbing it really hard, just like what he’s doing to her hands right now. He’s helping her walk because Yeri using a wet rubber shoes walking in a slippery floor. He wasn’t offering it, Yeri asking it first.

“You’re a baby, right?” Yeri’s let the question slipped away when they were walking to their room.

Jungkook turn her face to her, and giving her a long gaze, demanding her to elaborate with her question more.

“You don’t really taking care people around you.” His way of trying so hard to act mature in front of her is so obvious. She can see that he’s naturally a selfish person, the one who getting spoiled too much.

Jungkook already heard this kind of complains from people around him often. At home, he’s spoiled by his parents and his brother. At dorm he’s basically a baby to his hyungs, some even tucking him to sleep. Not to mentions all the staffs, his manager, just everyone. He knows that they did all of those things because he was so young when he choose to do this life so they feel the needs to protect him and he’s getting so used to it that he sometimes forget to giving back to others. Being around people who’s having same age with him is totally helping, he’s started to being independent and less depending to others. And being with Yeri is also helping, because he feels like she’s his responsibility.

“I’m in the middle of learning how to fix that.” Jungkook feels like denying it won’t help. Because he’s aware of this, and he knows it well, it’s just surprising that Yeri can makes a perfect judgment of himself like this.

Yeri surprised by the response, she didn’t thinking much when she asked him, but seeing him agreeing with her is surprising. Yeri on the other side, being the oldest daughter from her family, Being a trainee in such a young age and having two younger sister who’s basically still a kid. She can declare herself that at least compared to him, she’s having more consideration for others. It’s just that she’s been acting like a kid and childishly demanded to Jungkook for the past few days. This isn’t like her, and she knows it.

Jungkook told Yeri to used the bathroom right away, when they’re back to their room. When she does, he’s back to the lobby, because he hasn’t paid for the clothes he bought earlier.

***

It’s almost 1 AM, the hotel is not really crowded, but the road outside is completely bright. People still walking around and makes him realized that the vacation days is slowly coming to an end. There’s a smile on his face when he remembers how he can involved into this at the first place. That stupid game.