Ch : 7

Sweet Escape

Yeri finished after 20 minutes, and she realized Jungkook is not in the room anymore. She has no energy left, so she decide to ignore his non existence and laying on her belovable couch. Her territory. She starting to close her eyes and she fall asleep faster than last night.

 Yeri woken up by a gentle touch on her shoulder. She’s opening her eyes slowly, because her eyes is still heavy. She find Jungkook asking her to wake up, so she did.

“I’m going to the gym, you can use the bed.” That’s what he said before helping her stand and slightly push her back. Yeri glance at the clock beside the bed. 4AM. He’s crazy. She wants to ask him about why would you working out at early morning like this in a vacation days? But she doesn’t want to wasting her chance to sleep on the bed so she choose to ignore him.

***

It’s a usual routine for Jungkook, working out and spending time in the gym is really fun. He never understand why would people hates it. He usually working out on his hotel room with his trainer when in the middle of the tour, together with all of s and sometimes he’s working out with Jin and Jimin who seems enjoying it too. It’d be nice if Yeri is also enjoying this, but the girl seems doing exercise only for the sake of his job and not a hobby.

He feels bad that she didn’t get to see the sunrise yesterday because he overslept, so he try to wake up early this morning.
Last night too, he feels bad when he saw the girl was sleeping on a small couch and thinking about changing place with her. But Yeri is already asleep when he’s back to the room.
Well..He can just carrying her and let her sleep on his bed, but that would be too much, so he decide to not doing that. Looks like her words about him being bad on taking care of people really get into him. He wants to do better at that.

***

Yeri is opening her eyes very slowly. There’s a ton of disappointments when she realized that the sun is already high on the sky. She let out a heavy groan.

“What’s wrong?” Right, I’m not alone. She seems to forget that she is not alone on this trip. Jungkook is coming to her with a toast on his hand. He’s having a breakfast.

“Nothing. I just failed to see the sunset again.” Yeri drowning her face to a pillow behind her. She’s aware that this is the first time Jungkook see her at the state of waking up with messy hair and bloated face. This is nothing, but being too honest with him like this making her uncomfortable.

“I’m going to work today. This is a serious work, so don’t bother me.” Jungkook leaving her while taking his laptop and all his stuffs to the balcony.

“Hmm..: Yeri can only response with that, and when she knows that he already far from her sight. She’s taking her toiletries and went inside the bathroom right away.

Yeri is coming out wearing a tight white shirt and skinny jeans. She even put a makeup on and styling her hair. She really wants to go out and enjoying the island more. She take a glance to Jungkook who’s extremely serious with his thing outside. She knows that Jungkook and BTS in general is working on their own music. She and her members too is also trying on that aspect but they ended up not having enough contribution.

As for today, She could just go alone to exploring the island just like what she did in the first day, but she really hates it, so she decide to try her luck.

“Are you done yet?” She’s popping out her tiny head to the balcony. Jungkook heard it but he shakes his head right away. This work is important, BTS’s albums and their upcoming promotion is depend on his pace of work. Well, even though it’s still mostly his rappers hyung’s work pace. But he wants to do more and contribute more.

Yeri is back to the room, and now watching some foreign tv shows. It’s been hours, and Jungkook still working on whatever outside and she’s bored to death.

“Don’t you need a break or something? “ And now Yeri is taking a sit across his table while waiting for him to at least spare her a glance.

“I really need to get this one finished by the end of this week, so go play somewhere else.” Not even a glance, he’s completely shutting her out.

“I mean..it is a vacation, you’re not supposed to be working here.” Yeri don’t understand why would she always need to bother Jungkook with this side of her. She isn’t usually annoying and she usually respect people who is older than her and listening to them well, but with him…

Your vacation. Just leave me alone.” He finally lift his face to her while taking his headset off. He’s obviously annoyed.

Yeri knows him enough to realized that this is time to leave him alone. She’s getting up from her sit just to makes the table shaking and making Jungkook’s iced coffee spilled to his notebook and some of his equipments. It’s only a matter of seconds before his computer went into a blank screen.

“Shi t.” He’s cursing and Yeri can hear It clean and clear. She’s got herself into trouble.

She’s helping him with the mess while being wary, because he's still not saying anything, when his laptop is completely dead, he finally stopped.
He’s covering his face with both of his hands, well... he isn’t an amateur, so of course he always send his work to his computer in his studio back in Seoul even when there’s only a  slight change on it, so he won’t lost any of his work when things like this happened, but still..This is so annoying.

“I’m sorry.” Yeri is there standing with her heads bowing to him. Her face is pale. He can totally see that she’s extremely wronged and maybe scared.

“You told me that you’re an adult, so please act like one.” Jungkook learn that words from one of his hyungs, It was months ago when he’s being annoying to his hyung and someone is angry and told him that. He was feeling down for days after being told like that, and because Yeri is annoying he used it to against her.

Jeon Jungkook is triggering in such a way. Yeri know exactly what her mistake is,  but he doesn’t need to say that to her.

“I wasn’t doing it on purpose.” Jungkook is ignoring her while trying to makes his computer working again.

“I didn’t say you’re doing it on purpose.” He’s back to her, when he realized that what he did is no use. He close it and bringing back to their room.

Yeri is following him from behind. If you said sorry, he’ll forgive you, he’s a nice guy. She suddenly remembers what her friends told her about Jungkook.

“I said sorry already..” She’s continuing her talk while watching him using his phone.

“And I forgive you.” He answers her almost immediately.

Yeri can not think any words to used against that. He is good at arguing.

“I was told you to act like an adult. Because for the past few days I saw you, all things you did is nothing but a child’s behaviour.” He’s continuing his talk with a relaxing tone, as if what he said to her is not an insult.

“If you want to go somewhere then go, be independent, I’m not your caretaker.” He stopped using his phone and can only give Yeri a deep gaze. She hates every words that coming from his mouth.

“I’m not seeing you as a caretaker, I’m seeing you as a friend.” She takes out her wallet and her phone, dashing out from the room in seconds.

Why is it so easy for her to call someone is her friend? Jungkook laying on his bed while closing his eyes when Yeri's gone. You’re not just calling someone you barely know a friend. That’s what he thought.

***

For Yeri, fighting with someone is always exhausting, even a fight with his 10 years old younger sister is exhausting. And now she involved in a fight with Jungkook, who basically someone she barely knows, the tiresome is multipled by hundreds.

She finally use the rented car and its driver again because of this but the thing is,  She can not focus on his explanation about the tourism spot, because the only thing she has on her mind is what Jungkook said to her earlier.

She decide to spend her times with shopping, she promised something good to her unnies and her family, so she decide to pick some cute clothes and handmade bag to them.
She spent quite a lot of times, and without she realized the sky is already dark. She told the driver to find some good place to eat, and he did.
It’s funny to her, that she’s eating her dinner together with her driver like this. He refused at first when Yeri ask him to eat together with her, but she just really need someone to talk, so she begged to him and he agreed.

“My wife is a tattoo artist..” Her driver talked to her about everything. She can not disgest all his words so she only replying it with a smile and a small nod.

It’s 10 PM when they finally finished their dinner. Yeri doesn’t really want to see Jungkook and involving with him after their fight earlier. It’s exhausting. So she decide to send her driver back to the hotel with all things she bought. She told him to left it at the lobby. She’ll picking it up when she’s back.

Yeri choose to take a walk around the hotel. Today is Monday’s night but this place is still crowded just like last weekend. There’s some restaurants, a shopping mall, karaoke, everything is here.

She’s stopped in front of a place which is clearly a club. It’s only been a few weeks for her as an adult, and she already went to this kind of place with her friends for a few times back in home. She doesn’t really like drinking, but she loves dancing and talking to a random people. It’s exciting.

“I just need to be careful.” That’s what she said to herself when she finally decide to entering. Maybe this is part of her fearless side. But just like what Jungkook said she needs to know the difference between being brave and being stupid, unfortunately she doesn’t know that yet. Because now she’s already joining a group of young teenagers around her age who is coming from Europe for a vacation.

“I really like Korea, I heard the food is good.” Is that Leslie? She doesn’t really catch her name when she introduced herself. But she’s fun to talk with. She’s one year older than her and now is in college.

“I know gangnam style.” One of the boys,  looks like a goofball of this group try to dance in front of her, and she can’t help but clapping her hands while laughing. This is fun.

“what is this again?” Yeri ask the bartender about the drink she has right now. She doesn’t really like alcohol, but this one tastes good. She want to know so she can try it again sometimes in korea with her members. But the bartender is ignoring her.

She talks to almost everyone from this group. If she wasn’t an idol, she’ll probably having this as her life. Enjoying times with friend for a spring break in another side of the world.

“Are you alone? I mean here in Bali.” That Leslie girl continue to talk to her and Yeri really feels grateful. She’s on the verge to say yes to her when she remembers that she has Jungkook with her.

“No, I’m coming here with a..friend.” There’s a slight pause from her when she referring him as her friend. If only Jungkook is as nice as Leslie, asking her cliché things and willing to talking to her, she won’t be here spending her times in a club with a bunch of strangers.


Jungkook is on the verge of calling the police, when it’s already midnight and Yeri is nowhere to be found. She ignores his calls, her driver said that he was dropping her off around this hotel. And it’s already the third times he’s roaming around to all the places that is possible for her to visit, but he found nothing. The hotel staffs told him that it needs at least 24 hours for someone to went missing before you can makes a report to the police.
Seriously, this is such a nightmare, all the bad thoughts keep coming to him. Back at home he just someone who’s relying a lot to tons of people, And now he needs to be responsible for someone’s missing.  He doesn't know what to do.

There were times when he act just like Yeri, being a rebel, sneaking out behind his manager back, roaming around hongdae watching people doing busking at night. But that’s the only rebellious thing he ever done. Meanwhile Yeri..

“Maybe, you should try to call her again.” The hotel staffs feels so bad to Jungkook, so they told him to not panic and start calling Yeri once again.

“This is probably my fifteenth calls to her..” He told them that, but he still proceed on calling her.

***

“Come on, one more glass..” Leslie and her friends is really fun to talk and play with, and now Yeri is losing on a game so she needs to take a shot of tequila, she heards this drink before, but never try it.

“Your phone is ringing non stop.” One of the girls  pointing her finger to her phone, Yeri take a glance on it, and she just told her to ignore it when she saw Jungkook’s name on the screen.

This drink is so bad. Yeri hates it. She doesn’t realized before that she’s actually having a quite high tolerance of alcohol because till now she doesn’t feel drunk at all. She can remembers all the things that she hated clearly. The reason of this trip, What her parents told to her, Saeron’s cancelling their trip, Jungkook. Everything. If she’s drunk she won’t remember all of it, right?

***

“Someone’s picking it up.” There’s a thousand of reliefs that Jungkook received when he realized that finally Yeri picking up one of his call.

Jungkook can not hear anything clearly, the only thing he heard is a loud music and a bunch of people laughing.

“Please stop..i don’t like this one.” That’s Yeri’s voice, and as soon as he heard it, he’s started to losing his mind.

“Nearest  club?” that’s what he said to the hotel staffs, and when they finally show him the way, the only thing he does is running.

***

“You don’t like tequila?” Leslie asking her about her preference drink and Yeri shaking her head.

She‘s in the middle of drinking a glass of mineral water Leslie gave to her, when she realized that she had one connecting call to Jungkook few minutes ago.

“Shi t”

Too late, she’s already aware that Jungkook is inside the building right now. He’s wearing his black hoodie, his black shirt, and his black jeans, as if it doesn’t makes him stand out. People looking at him as he run, and when he finally found Yeri’s table, he’s running faster to get her.

“Go away, care taker.” That’s what she said when he finally standing beside her while catching his breath. He’s been running and she knows it.

Yeri isn’t drunk, but she’s not completely sober either. She hates it that Jungkook needs to see this side of her. She thought that he doesn’t deserve it. He’s not even a family or a friend, but he’s already saw all her bad side.

“Your friend?” One of the girl with blonde hair asking Yeri about Jungkook, and she just shaking her head.

“You are my friend, he’s just…what are you again?” Yeri give him a look right into his eyes, and honestly what she saw from his eyes is something new.
It’s not anger, not hatred, not disappointment but something else that is enough to makes her stopped her talk, and now just simply staring at it for a while.

“We’re going to the beach after this. I’ll see you there, bring your friend.” Leslie and her groups is now walking out from the club meanwhile Yeri is still petrified at his position with eyes on Jungkook’s and now slowly moving to an empty glass of tequila infront of her.

Instead of dragging her out, Jungkook is now taking a sit in front of her and talk to the bartender asking for a drink. Looks like a professional, like he knows all weird drink people sold on a place like this, because the bartender give him a smile appreciating his choice of drink.

Yeri didn’t say anything, and Jungkook also says nothing he’s focusing his eyes to the dance floor, and when his drink came out, he takes a full shot of it and asking for more.

“I’m going to find my friends.” Yeri talks to him and now he turn his face to her.

“What friend?” That’s what he said and Yeri doesn’t like his tone when he’s talking, it’s beyond sarcastic.

“Leslie and the others.”

Jungkook let out a heavy sigh, and when his second drink is served. He gulped it down in one movement.

He finally taking of his hoodie and letting Yeri see his face clearly. He looks exhausted and stressed. Yeri knows that tonight, she is the reason of his stress, maybe because she made him lost all his works or maybe because she went missing.

“I’m going to find Leslie.” Yeri feels extremely wronged and bad. So she just want to run away from him. She’s started to getting up from her sit but Jungkook is now holding her hands. Stopping her from walking away.

“And left a friend here?”  He give her a smile, and that’s honestly ruined Yeri.
Without she realized, now she’s back to her sit, hands till on Jungkook’s and give him a long stare before she finally manage to talk to him again.

“I’m sorry about your notebook.” That’s the only thing she can says to him after a long silent.

Jungkook is now bringing her hands to the table and change it from holding it to shaking it lightly.

“I’m sorry too, for everything you hates from me.”

Yeri give him a smile when she heard that. Because that means that he’s aware she hates lots of things from him. And she really appreciate the way he apologized to her.

***

Jungkook started to asking her about his encounter with Leslie, and she explain it in details. She also talked about what she bought earlier when she went shopping and Jungkook told her about the music he was making. Yeri offering herself to sing a demo for his new songs.

They talked about went to internet café together when they’re back to Seoul and Jungkook promised her to teach her how to play bowling. They talked about everything, just like a friend. And Yeri is more than happy that she finally gained one.

They went out from the club after 2 and half hours. They talked a lot and drink a lot. Yeri is surprised that she’s still awake after that long night.
She feels a little bit disappointed that she can get a hold of any contact with Leslie, but she’s glad that instead of Leslie she has Jungkook with her carrying her on his back on their way back to the hotel. He drinks a lot but his tolerance seems higher than her. He looks totally fine.

“Seriously, this is a secret.”  She seems back to her sense after all things happened, and she’s aware that if someone else ever find herself doing this, there’s nothing more but a shame for her.

“Promise me you won’t ever talk about tonight to anybody until you died.” She’s continuing her talk and Jungkook nodding his head.

“Can I call you oppa?”

That’s a sudden question for him. There’s not many people who called him oppa beside his fans. He’s the one who usually called others Noona or hyungs because instead of spending time with someone around his age or younger than him, he find himself spend more time with older people.

“It’s not special. I have a long list of people who I called oppa on daily basis.” Yeri told him that, afraid if Jungkook thinks that she has any weird intentions to him, when the only thing she wants to do is being friendly.

"Whatever, i don't really mind as long as it's appropriate." What is the context of appropiate here, Yeri couldn't understand it.
"If you're indeed younger than me, then it's fine." Jungkook is kindly enough to explain and Yeri nodding her head, finally get what he means.

And they stopped talking after that.