Ch : 14

Sweet Escape

“Can I use some space from your carrier for this?” Yeri and Jungkook is now busy packing up for their trip back to korea. Home.

“No.” There’s no way Jungkook will let Yeri do everything she want. She basically asking him to carry a bunch of her shopping bag for their trip.

“ugh..why?”

Jungkook walking to her and now kneeling down together with her, surrounded by 3 or 5 shopping bags with somany various stuffs inside it.

“What is it?”

“Gifts, for my parents, my friends, my members, my sisters.”

“When we reach the airport, I’ll be straight going to Busan. And I won’t go back before next week. Then after that, I’ll be busy for fan meetings and events in Japan. Basically, if you told me to carry this for you, your family and friends won’t be getting their gifts until 2 or 3 months later.”

That’s half of the fact. But more than that, Jungkook doesn’t want to see Yeri immediately after they’re back from this trip. There’s something about her, and at least he needs a break from seeing her after all of this.

“Sounds like an excuse.:

“It is an excuse.”


 

 

“I already registered your name for the tour.” Their driver is finally here, they have 2 days more for the vacation.
Their driver told them about a cycling course across the mountain near his village where he lives. Yeri doesn’t want to do it, but Jungkook is so excited over this and he told her that it’ll be fun. He’s a sport maniac. Yeri doesn’t remember what he said to convince her, but she already said yes to this tour yesterday.

“It’s 2,5 hours drive, so you better take some rest before the tour.”

It’s a long journey, so they decice to pack their stuffs earlier because they’re afraid that they don’t have much time before their flight to prepare.

“You. Don’t sleep.” Yeri is threatening Jungkook in a serious manner. She doesn’t know what to do if Jungkook ended up sleeping like zombies because waking him up is gonna be a war.

“I won’t.”

Jungkook is busy with his camera, he’s sorting all the videos and pictures that he took for the past 5 days. Yeri told him about wanting the picture and asking him for the files. He’s still strict with his choice for deleting all Yeri’s pictures from his camera, it’s better to giving it to her immediately instead of keeping it until they’re back.

***
 

"Around 20 minutes left." Their driver told Jungkook about the trip duration when he asked.
It's been 2 hours since they're hitting the road. He already took an enormous amount of scenery pictures with his camera through the car's window, he also takes a bunch of pictures of sleeping Yeri beside him.
She's sleep just like any other idols, with an eye mask, an earphone with music from her expensive phone, just typical. He even saw her for a few times when they attend same events abroad, and they ended up sitting in one cabin on the plane.
But after this trip, after he’s spending time together with her, being her friend, and enjoy each other company, Yeri doesn't looks like his typical fellow idols, she's more than that.

"If you don't want to get caught for watching me sleep, you can stop now, because i'm going to open my eyes." That's a familiar sentence, Jungkook said that to Yeri on their first day of vacation.
He's laughing because of that, and Yeri taking off her eye mask after hearing it.

"We'll be there in minutes." Jungkook told Yeri while taking a shot of her sleepy face.
"Stop taking pictures of me." She’s covering  Jungkook's camera lense with her palm right away.
"You'll need this, people will ask you about your trip, you can show this as a prove."
Yeri pouting her lips to him, because she lowkey agree with him. With all pictures of her taken by Jungkook, she can show it to her family and her members back at home. Even though, they will probably asking about Saeron, but with seeing her wide smile in a picture like this it will help them to becoming less worried after what happened to her.
"What about you?"
"Nobody knows i'm here."

Jungkook told his parents that he's still staying in Seoul, because he has plan to play with some of his friends. s hyung doesn't even know where he is. Last time he saw them, he told them about settling things with Yeri first before decide how to spent his 2 weeks break.
They're probably wondering about how things going with Yeri, and he'll let them know after this trip ended.

"We're here." Their driver manage to stop their bickering with one sentence.
They finally entering the village. It's a totally different vibe with their hotel and the beach they used to see. It's calmer, more quiet, and refreshing.
"We should've come here earlier." Yeri opening her window and looking around her surrounding.
This place is totally cool.

 

***

 

"The course started after lunch. So you can take some rest or takes a walk around the village." One of the guide told them that, when they're in the midst of filling the paper work for the tour. And both of them nodding their head in unison.
"You should eat. Forget your diet today. “ Jungkook told Yeri slowly about it. He doesn't want to sounds controlling about it while hoping she will listen to him.
It's almost 4km course across the mountain. Eat is a must before this.
"Eat first, ok?" He ask her once again, and Yeri nodding her head quickly.

"You can wait here, if you don't want to join the course." Jungkook talk to Yeri when they have their lunch together. He already saw the map and route, and it's honestly looks exhausting even for him.
"It's fine."
Yeri doesn't like the idea of waiting Jungkook and spending her times alone, the course doesn't actually look too bad, and the scenery here is beautiful, of course she's willing to go.
"Don't blame me if you feel exhausted or something, i'm not forcing you to join."
"I won't. They told me, that i can quite anytime if i don't want to continue."
She's right.  Jungkook was also told about this. There's a few check point with nice facilities if the tourist want to take a break.
"You can enjoy this as much as you want. Don't worry about me."
This is probably the first time Jungkook doing things that he wanted to do on this trip after the speed boat which also ruined by her existence. So Yeri doesn't want to bother him again with this.

 

***

 

The course divided all the tourist in two groups, Jungkook and Yeri is in one group together with 4 other peoples. Yeri is the only woman on this group.

"You can join the other group." Jungkook told her that it's possible for her if she want to switch group.
Because the other group has 3 woman around her age as partcipants, he thinks that it will be more convenient for Yeri to have them around.
But  she said no firmly.
"That's ok."

Yeri can't understand why Jungkook started to get a little bit over protective regarding her well being. Maybe because she already told him about  her life problem and he feels bad for her, or maybe just like what he said, he thinks that Yeri is still his responsibility on this trip.
But it's a little bit making her flustered, Since she doesn't want to get used and get too comfortable with Jungkook being kind to her like this.

After listening to safety induction and explanation about route, tourism spot, duration of the tour, and other things. They're given with one bicycle, helmet, and one little bag to carry their belonging like cellphone or camera.

"Let's go." The head guide from the tour told them to start moving. Each group was accompanied by two guide.
Yeri already stop caring about Jungkook, and now cycling side by side with one of the guide. The scenery here is awesomely beautiful, so she want to ask the guide about everything.

First  30 minutes of the course is easy, they even let everyone to stop and taking some pictures in a few spots. Of course Yeri  took a lot of photo. She want to brag about it to Saeron.

"It's fun." That's what she said when Jungkook come to her and asking about the course.
Jungkook is always at the front, cycling together with the other guide. It's the first time Yeri talk to him again after they departed.
"We will reach the first check point, you could take some rest there."

After cycling for an hour,  Yeri can't wait to reach the check point that Jungkook told her earlier. She is tired, and the course is getting harder now, they're already inside the forest and the road is no longer easy to passed by. Its mostly consist sands and rock. There's no more spot to take picture.

"It's 3.30 PM now, they said we'll finished before sunset, around 2 hours left."
They finally reach the first check point. Yeri is honestly exhausted. And when Jungkook told her about 2 more hours cycling, she really wants to give up.
Jungkook is such a maniac, Yeri understand that his phsycal strength is so much better than her in any form.  But why is he still looks fine even after that hard route of cycling. He’s sweating and completely doing this as sport, but he looks totally fine.
"I'll take a break here, before i continue." Yeri take a looks around her, and i think she understand why she feels exhausted already.

5 men on her group is having a well-built body including Jungkook, all of them are still young, the oldest is probably not more than 30 years old. Both of the guide is obviously getting used with this sport. They don't look tired at all. And obviously she can not follow their pace.

"The other group is still behind, so she can join them to finish the course." One of the guide told Jungkook a suggestion when he ask them to wait for Yeri.
"How many minutes?"
The guide is now using his walkie talkie, probably communicating with the guide from other group.
"20 at max." He's back to Jungkook after getting an answer.
"I'll wait. You can continue."
Well, of course Yeri want Jungkook and the other guys wait for her before they continue the course.
But she doesn't want to makes them waiting and ended up bothered by her. Everyone is already stand by on their bike right now, only Jungkook is still waiting for her.
"20 minutes is too long." He looks hesistated to leave her and Yeri is aware of that.
"I'll be fine, it'll be 4PM when they get here, i can wait while resting."
"I'll wait with you."
See? this is exactly what Yeri doesn't want to happen. Jungkook is literally worry for her like she is the only thing matter for him right now.
And she doesn't like it..

"Seriously i'm fine, as we arguing right now, that group will probably reach here in 5 minutes or something. Just go."

The guides and other tourist is doing nothing but stare at them with confusion, some of them looks annoyed already. Jungkook is finally ride his bike again and Yeri waving her hand to him when he's start the course again.

 

***

 

Jungkook is a little bit glad that he let Yeri to join the other group, because these men on his group is crazy. They're cycling really fast, even with harder obstacles, they’re still cycling like an athlete.

"Good Job." One of them pat Jungkook's back when they finally arrived and finished their course. It's 5PM now, because they're fast, even the 2 hours trip can cut short.

Jungkook takes his time, and now taking a rest while sometimes play with his phone. The course was exhausting but also fun. Since he always enjoy this kind of activity, it's finally feels like a real vacation for him.

"You can use the bathroom over there, and the dinner will start at 7PM."
Jungkook paid for all the expense, both his package and Yeri's with his credit card. He doesn't know that they actually allowed to use the resort and even get to eat a buffet dinner. This one is probably quite expensive.

Jungkook takes his backpack to the resort, he already pack some clean clothes he can use after the course. He told Yeri to bring some too, and she listens to him, because he saw her pack some of her clothes this morning before they’re going here.

Jungkook just finished his bath when he saw the other group from the cycling course is arriving. He's running to them, looking for Yeri, but she's not here. He's also looking for her, inside the resort, but she's also not there.

And he finally lost it when one of the staff is coming to him with worried expression.
"I'm sorry, but we can not find Miss Yerim Kim." That's what she said to him, while holding a few pages of paper Yeri fullfilled this morning.

 

***
 

"She's not there, when we reach the check point." Jungkook is already lost his sense to follow all these people conversation. They said Yeri is not at the place where  he left her earlier.
"Can you reach her?" one of the tourist from his group is now talking to him.
Jungkook is already try to calling her for so many times. He lost counts already, but not even one call get through.
"Cell phone won't work there." One of the girl from the second course group now start joining their conversation.

Seriously, these people has done nothing wrong, but Jungkook is so frustrated by them. Why would these people left Yeri there, when they already knew that someone is waiting for them. She could probably walking around the area while waiting. They said that they already waited for almost 30 minutes but she's not there so they decide to continue the trip. They should have waited for another 30 minutes. That’s what Jungkook thinks.

"We'll find her." And now, someone who looks like the person in charge of this resort is coming to him, he brings like 10 peoples behind him.
There are security, a few guides , and also paramedic.
Jungkook doesn't want any of this, he just want to go home and turning back time, him and Yeri back to their first encounter at music show backstage. He'll just take her for an expensive dinner instead of agreeing with this trip.

"What is she wearing last time?" Jungkook can not answer and he just covering his face while people surrounding him.
He really want to cry, he want his manager, he want s, he want his mom, he want Yeri to be here.
"She's wearing a blue pants and red shirt, with grey cardigans as an outer." one of the guide who's with him earlier helping him to speak and answer the question for him.
"She's small, her eyes is big, black hair up to her shoulder, fair skin." Hearing all of this really makes Jungkook  feels like a bad person
That pretty and nice Yeri, why would he left her alone at that place.

***

“This is the place, where we left her earlier.” Now Jungkook and all the staffs is busy with one huge map of the cycling route. Someone already marked the first check point where he left Yeri alone. It’s almost 7PM and the sun is set already.

“It’s not dark in there, especially around the check point.” Someone is trying to makes him feel better by saying it. But it’s not work. Because what Jungkook wants to do right now, is just going there to find Yeri by all himself without any useless discussion like this.

“I just want her back.” He’s already tired with all of this and that’s what he said before he left all of them and grab his backpack.

“You can get lost too. We’ll looking for her now.”  Someone is holding his hands and told him to wait.

3 days ago, when Yeri was also missing because  she went clubbing. Jungkook is also nervous and panicking just like this. At that time, he’s worried about what should he say to people back in Seoul about Yeri missing. He’s afraid about what will media wrote about it, his actual worrisome for Yeri is probably less than 50% and the rest is him being scared if he told to take the blame, but now..

Jungkook doesn’t care about anything else, just the thought of not seeing Yeri again for the rest of his life is enough to makes him angry. Just the thought of Yeri being scared out there is enough to makes him hating himself.

***

Jungkook decided to wait because no matter how desperate he is to find Yeri, he still have some logic left. He doesn’t know anything about this place, the route, the location, it’s better to wait here and let these people do the works.

“We’ll keep searching till we find her.” Jungkook feels thankful to this one guy, he’s the guide that talks with Yeri at the back of the course all the time earlier. He looks genuinely worried about her.

Jungkook keep walking to them until they reach the entrance to the mountain. He really wants to join them but they refused to take him. Just in case she’s back here, they said that it’s better for him to wait for her.

All the other tourist is now waiting inside the resort while having their dinner. Meanwhile Jungkook is here standing alone in front of the entrance while holding Yeri’s bag, he took it from her locker.

He’s getting impatient as time goes by. First 10 minutes he’ll wait 10  meters near the mountain’s gate, and without he realized the next 10 minutes he can not see the resort again.

“Maybe it’s not a good idea.” Jungkook is following his instinct and walking the route with so little memories he has but now he’s not sure about the location. He can still follow the sounds of live music from the resort if he want to go back now.

He ended up stopping at his spot and standing there for more than 5 minutes when he finally hear something.

“You can do this..” The voice is so weak and thin, but strangely familiar to his ears. It’s Yeri’s

He close his eyes, try to searching for it once again. He’s afraid that it’s only his imagination because he’s so desperate to seeing Yeri right now.

***

 

“Oppa! Jungkook Oppa!” Yeri is screaming as loud as she can when she finally find someone who is familiar, few meters in front of her.

“I made it.” She’s mumbling that word, when she saw Jungkook is now running to her direction. It’s a little bit dark here, so she can’t see his face clearly. But she can see her bag on his hands.

He stopped in front of her, Yeri thinks that his face is even more miserable and tired than she is who actually lost in a deep mountain for hours.

“I was scared to death.” That’s what he said before he give Yeri a hug, it’s even more warm and comfortable than the one he did for her yesterday.

“I’m sorry for missing again. This one is unintentional.” Yeri told him that while patting his back with both of her hands.  
Jungkook is letting her go after she finished  talking.

His hand is now moving to her cheeks and he lift her face closer to him.

“Looks like I need to pay penalty or something for ruining one of the big 3’s asset.” He talks while chuckling, and it’s honestly makes Yeri’s laugh too, because she’s the first one who called him an asset yesterday, and now he’s back to her.

“You know there are 10 people out there looking for you right now.”

Yeri turn her head and looking at her surrounding with Jungkook’s hands still on her cheeks, but she saw nothing.

“Where are they?”

“I don’t know. Let’s go back first, and I’ll told them that I found you already.” Jungkook is now started to holding Yeri’s cold hands and helping her walk.

“I found you.”

“No, I heard your voice first, ”

“Right. Congratulations.” Yeri give him a smile.


 

“We found her bike, 1km from the entrance.” Yeri is already done with her long bath and now is treated by a paramedic. She has a little scretch on her face because she walks while bumping into a small tree and branches. There’s also a huge bump on her ankle.

“Did you say I walked for 1 km all by myself, alone?” Jungkook stare at her and he can’t believe her question, from all the important questions like how’s my injury, she decide to ask them that.

“Yes, you did great, i don't think anyone else have enough courage and stength to do that, let alone a young woman like you. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.”

“It’s actually my fault, I was told to wait but I’m getting bored so I decide to continue the course alone, I thought that I’ll understand all the route, but I didn’t”

Jungkook keep staring at her while she’s talking. Right, he should have expecting this coming anyway. He actually feels kinda bad to all the staffs here, he’s actually acted a little bit rude to them when Yeri is missing, so he said sorry and thank them also.

“Your ankle is fine, you’ll be better tomorrow. But I’m suggesting you to receive an IV. You’re suffering from dehydration. There’s a near hospital here, 10 minutes by car.” After hearing that without she realized Yeri looks at Jungkook’s eyes immediately. Waiting for him to makes the decision for her, should she go there or not.

“I’ll take her there.” Jungkook nodding his head fast.

“Can you drive?”

“Just let me use one of the car.”

***

Jungkook can drive. Yeri is amazed by this, it’s really convenience to have close friend that can drive like this.

“So, what happened?” Jungkook is now start to interrogating Yeri about what happened, because honestly he feels a little bit disappointed by her doing. He told her to wait, but she ignores him, and ended up fall from her bike, getting lost in the mountain, injured, and dehydrated.

“I was tripped by a huge rock. I fall, my bike was ruined, so I walk to save my self.” Jungkook doesn’t look satisfied with her simple explanation. He’s only focusing his eyes to the road and not even sparing a glance for her. And Yeri knows exactly the reason is.

“I learned my lesson. I need to know the difference of being brave and being stupid, right?”

Yeri is already spending a full week together with him , getting lectured by him is already feels like the most usual thing ever.

 



Maybe around two chapters left before this fic come to an end.

thanks for reading :)