Ch : 10

Sweet Escape

Their driver is smiling so wide, when he saw that they're finally went out together again after their first day trip from the airport few days ago.
Because it was awkward for him too, when he needs to spent times alone with Yeri, who's usually went on trip with a sad expressions. But now seems different with Jungkook being here, and he is glad.
"This one place is a hotspot nowadays." That's what he said when he opens the door for Yeri and Jungkook after they arrived.
It's Bali swing. They offers a ride with a giant swing on the tip of a cliff with various height.

***

 

"It's looks scary." That's Yeri's first word when she finally saw the famous swing. The staffs are literally pushing you very hard so you could enjoy the sensation of flying.
"You can try the 5 meters one." Jungkook realized that they offer a 3 differents height, 5, 10, and 15 meters.
"I want to try the highest." She finally walking closer to the swing, she's wearing her best dress and she even styled her hair, with a braided crown at top.
"Are you sure?" Jungkook is holding his expensive camera following her from behind while try to makes sure that Yeri won't become an embarassment for him through this ride. She's scared to ride a speed boat. And for him, this swing is more than that.
"I don't know. Can you help me?" Yeri shaking her head because she isn't sure herself, she even ask Jungkook to help her walking.

"It's fine, it's fine." all the local staffs talk to her when she finally arrive. There were 4 people surrounding her, helping her adjusting her dress and her hairs while telling her that is ok.
"She's small, won't the wind blowing her away?" Jungkook doesn't knows why he ask that ridiculous question, but he just worried.
"We have safety harness here, don't worry, you can take the picture over there." One of the staff showing him a spot, far away from the swing.
He has his camera and Yeri's phone on both of his hands, she ask him to take a picture with it.
"where are you going?" Yeri ask him near screaming when she saw he's going away following a staff to takes a picture of her.
He isn't answering and waving his hand to her, told her that it's ok.

It takes less than one minute for him to prepare for this photoshoot. One of the staff asked him if he's ready and he's nodding his head.
The staff is shouting something while pushing the giant swing. He doesn't think much but clicking his camera for a dozen times.
The scenery is amazing, it's beautiful. The swing is pretty, the cliff is pretty, Yeri too is pretty.
He's too busy admiring the shot, and he ended up forget to use Yeri's phone for taking pictures.
 
"It was so fun." and now Yeri is running to him after she finished the ride and say thank you to all the staffs.
"I forgot to take a picture with this, but i have it here." He's handing Yeri's phone back to her and Yeri doesn't looks dissapointed at all.
"that’s ok, you can just send it to me later.” She said ok and put her phone back to his small bag.

***


"I ate my dinner with our driver last night." Yeri decide to take Jungkook for a late lunch to the restaurant she visited last night.
Jungkook can't help but laugh at her story about having a dinner with their driver.
Like what are they talking about together? things must be awkward, but again it's Yeri, it's probably fun.
"I was so mad that i didn't even listened to all of his stories, i feel bad." she's continuing her talk while told Jungkook to take her portion of rice. She's still in the middle of diet.
"That must be romantic. having dinner together." Jungkook can't help but about this. Yeri is so fascinating, he even gets shy to ask stranger a direction when he get lost, let a lone having a dinner together with a total stranger.
"He has a wife. At least i manage to learn that about him."
Jungkook nodding his head and back to finished his lunch. Yeri doesn't say anything and only watch him eat  after she finished her melon pudding and orange juice.
Jungkook doesn't ask Yeri to eat more food, because he knows it'll be annoying for her if he keeps pestering about her food knowing she's in the middle of diet. She ate enough for breakfast earlier, so he's not too worried.

"Let's go back after this." Yeri told Jungkook, because she remember that this morning he said he didn't feel good and planning to stay in the hotel all day. She's kinda feel bad to actually agreeing with him, when he offering himself to go with her today.
"Don't you want to see the festival?" He answers her quickly. and Yeri is surprised. This is too good too be true.
Of course she want to see the event. She already made up her mind that if Jungkook refused to go she won't get mad and she will go to the festival alone. But now he's asking her about it.
"Yes, i want to."
"Then let's go back after see that."
"Really?"



"The festival won't start till 5PM." Yeri take a glance to her phone when they finally done with their lunch.
"And you already send our driver home. Let's just wait, instead of going somewhere we don't familiar with." Jungkook implying to her that he doesn't want to go far, because he doesn't want to get lost or something.

Yeri pouting her lips after she understand what he wants, she already said good bye to their driver, because there's traffic jam everyhere because of the festival, it will be easier for them to move around with their own feet. But Jungkook doesn't like the idea.
"Don't you need to bought something as a gif for your hyungs or families?" Yeri is more than excited and willing to help him, being his shopping friend, doing anything else seems more fun than stuck waiting in a restaurant like this.
"Noone know i'm here. I don't need to bought anything." Jungkook has been MIA since he arrived here. He checks his phone less and he is not usually in contact with s on a break. They'll just send a few pictures from their vacation on their group chat, but he choose to not do that.

Yeri knows that what Jungkook doing for her is much more than enough, he was suffering yesterday because of her and he's also kind enough to play with her and willing to spend times outside like this, when staying at the hotel is probably a better plan, so she stopped pestering him.
"Why?"
Jungkook seems surprised when he saw Yeri stop talking and doesn't whining to him about this, so he asked.
"You probably tired. i understand." that's what she said and Jungkook think that this is weird. Yeri start to behaving like everybody else.
"Yeah maybe, but since when you care about me being tired?" He doesn't means to offend or pissed her off with that question, he just confused.

Yeri doesn't offended by that question, she's just flustered and embarassed, because yeah, why would she care? The answer is not easy to find.
"Then why did you looking for me yesterday? people told me that you were running around the street at night." Yeri doesn't even know why she said that. But this is worth an argument, if she doesn't allowed to care about him then why Jungkook cared about her.

There's a slight surprise from Jungkook's face because he didn't expect this response coming from Yeri.
"Then why did you cry when you thought i was dead?" he knows this is an argument, and he won't lose this time.
Yeri started to feels annoyed when he's bring the old issue back. She thought he was dead, isn't it totally makes sense that she's worried about him, she's scared so she ended up crying. She already told him that.
"You are so annoying, then why did you showed up at the airport when you could just ignore me for the rest of your life. you're ruining my vacation. "

Maybe because the weather is hot here, or maybe because she's tired, or maybe because she's still under influence of last night's alcohol, but those words are harsh and rude, Yeri knows it, but she ended up saying it anyway.
Jungkook is still older than her, he is her senior on this strict idol industry, she know his friends, she will see him often, but she's still said those words.
Jeon Jungkook is triggering in such a way, a way that she couldn't even understand, Kim Yerim on her right  mind will never did this. Hell, she will never said yes to this weekend get away in the first place.
Thing is now awkward, but Yeri doesn't want to leave either because of what happened yesterday.
It takes her by surprise when Jungkook is the one that leave, without saying any word.

***

 

Jungkook get out from the restaurant with this condition, 30% angry to Yeri because she's rude and 70% taken aback by her question about why would he follows her to this island.
He's independent. He has all the rights to say no and ignore her request, even if she try to convince him with sad story, he could just ignore her, but the fact is he didn't.
He did showed up when she asked. He did pack his bag with pretty clothes and went along with this trip, he could just run away and ignore her existence, but he didn’t.
And f
or how much he enjoy this trip and find peace from this trip, he realized that he’s doing it for himself. Yeri was giving him a chance and he’s the one that choose to took it.  It’s not her fault that he’s here. He finally realized that the trip was never for her sake, his will to go is never for Yeri.

Jungkook stopped from his walk and now staring at his surrounding. People is everywhere, crowding the street waiting for the festival. The festival that he promised to Yeri for seeing it together. The thought of losing her just like last night makes him anxious, he shouldn’t leave her alone on that restaurant.

“Hope she’s picking up this time.” He decided to call Yeri, to tell her that if she choose to run away like last night. There’s no more friendship between them.

Jungkook still trying to find his phone from his backpack when a pair of hands is now holding both of his arms, tightly.

“Please don’t go.” It was Yeri. She’s standing in front of him with face covered by her hair and crying.
And when he finally saw her, all of his surrounding, the crowded street, people, everything started to fade away and become non existent. The only thing he can see is Yeri who’s crying, tired, and a different Yeri that he saw from the past few days.

Jungkook start to realized that people now focusing their eyes on them when Yeri loosened her grip on his arms. She’s literally crying, not just a teary eyes that he saw from her when they watched their favorite movie earlier this morning, but crying as in tears on her cheeks and red eyes. It will be better if Yeri was his fan so he can comforting her with the way he always did for them because his fans is part of people that he trust the most. But Yeri is not.

***

Yeri thinks that finally this is it, this is her limit. After months of being anxious, betrayed, and disappointed, she manage to put up an act for this long, but this is finally her limit. Jungkook is a trigger for this and finally she knows. She feels bad to actually involving him in a complicated story of her troubles and her life, but what can she do when she can hide from everyone else but not from him. All her tears, her frustrations, her hatred, and angers, everything is so easy to came out when he’s around.

Yeri wiping her tears on her cheeks and lift her face slowly, she looks around and feels a little bit calm when she saw people’s are staring at her in confusion and some of them looks concerned. She looks at her hands on Jungkook’s arms, and she actually leaves a stretch mark there, his arms is all reds, and even his elbow is bleeding stratched by her nails. She’s letting it go in an instant. What am I even doing right now..

She wants to run away, because she knows that Jungkook doesn’t deserves this, all of her that is so messed up, demanding, and bothering like this. She’s ready to leave and decide to stop using Jungkook as her punchingbags when he hold her hands slowly.

“Are you ok?” That’s what he said while holding both of her hand on his right hands, and his left hand is on Yeri’s back patting it a few times.

Yeri can not answer, because honestly, Jungkook just making it harder for her. It will be so  much more simple and easier if he just ignore her so she knows that she can not rely on Jungkook further than what’s already happened. But with him being kind…

“ If I told you to stop crying, would you listen to me? Because now people start looking at me in a weird way..” He’s walking closer to her and whispering those words to her. He’s kind but still a little bit bossy and intimidating.

***

“Miss..are you ok?” Finally what Jungkook scared the most is happening. A few people around his mom’s age, which is clearly Korean because they asked it on their own language start to approaching Yeri. They looks genuinely concerned and worried.

Jungkook feels nervous about what will happened while he’s waiting for Yeri’s response to these people. But instead Yeri is now linking both of her arms on Jungkook’s waist and hugging him.

“I’m fine thank you, I was lost, but I found my boyfriend already.” That’s supposed to be surprising, but Jungkook feels like he knows that this kind of thng will happened at some point, Yeri claiming him as her boyfriend out of nowhere only to get out from trouble. As if, both of them are nobody instead of famous celebrities.

“Oh..that’s great, enjoy your trip.” Glad all the ladies is trusting her and giving her smile, Jungkook too is bowing his head to them as they leaves. Others people seems understand what’s going on because now they stopped paying attentions to them.

For Yeri it was probably the most scary thing that she ever done on this trip. She hopes that Jungkook won’t get mad about what she did and she also hope that those ladies doesn’t know her and Jungkook, she hopes that there’s no random people who saw what she did and decide to takes a picture or video of it.

“Let’s go.” Jungkook isn’t mad. He’s still taking her by the hands in the middle of crowded street. Looks like her tears having some kind of magic spell for this guy, that’s what she thought. But when she realized that his hand is cold, she knows that he’s scared and worried too. And Yeri feels sorry to him about that.