Ch : 3

Sweet Escape

Back to her dorm Yeri use all her gadgets to learn everything about Jeon Jungkook. For her he was just a cool and popular sunbae who made lots of money. But after today, he turns into a chance for her escape. She could go alone for the vacation, but then she will need to lie to her parents, and obviously they won’t be happy, and also if something bad happened to her, nobody will know. Using Jungkook like this is crazy but she needs this trip.

***

“So he loves gaming. Overwatch, ugh..i hate it that I have same interest with him.” She read everything she found on the internet, and the more she knows about him, the more she realized how similar their interest is, from songs to movies.
She even asked a few of her friends about him, Jaehyun said he is nice, Jihyo said he doesn’t talk much but he seems nice,  most of them called him nice.
Of course she didn’t tell them about going on a trip with him. She told them that she bump into him earlier today, and she ruined his clothes so she asked them if she’ll be fine after that.

“Don’t worry. He is a good guy, if you said sorry, he’ll forgive you right away.” One of her friends who works with him on a cf before told her that.

***

Jungkook at his dorm is also doing something, but instead of asking his friends about her like Yeri, he just watched and read everything about her on the internet while trying to remember all the interactions he has with her for the past few years. There’s nothing more than him covering her song and smiling plus bowing to each other on events.

“So, she’s not on the loved side.” He found all the hates Yeri received for past year. And unlike him, Girl is having more hard times than him who’s usually adored by many. Even though he does receive hates, it is not more than what Yeri had.

He’s closing his eyes after a few hours of observation. Hoping that Yeri forget about what happened today, and he can enjoy his two weeks break in peace.

***

“Unnies, I’m leaving.” Yeri finished packing a few of her essential things for the Bali trip and hug her unnies one by one when they’re still half-asleep, because this is 6 in the morning.

“I’m going to Saeron’s now, I will send some picture to our group chat and eat lots of good foods. Don’t worry.” She’s still lying about going to Bali with Saeron. She already told Saeron to keep the secret of their cancelled plan till she died.

“You girls be careful. Don’t talk with stranger especially if it’s a man, even if he’s Korean.” Irene give the maknae one last hug, and Yeri could only smile hearing it. Imagine having her members know about this actual trip. Even though, she knows some of her unnies is close with BTS members and never thought of them as a bad guy, but still….

“I will. Bye.” She gave them a good bye hand kiss before fading from their sight.

***

“Jungkook-ah, hyung is leaving.” Jimin is the last one who left the dorm for their breaks, the other members already picked up by their parents last night. Jimin is going to Busan by a train. They usually went together, but Jungkook told him that he needs to settle things with Yeri, maybe cancelling it or something. He’s afraid that Yeri will feel bad and told anyone else about what he did yesterday.

“Be careful, hyung. “ He gave him a hug and walking with him to the front door. And when he finaly alone on this huge apartement. He feels empty. His hyungs often went outside spending time with their friends, if he’s lucky Namjoon or Yoongi will ask him out and to eat. But mostly he spend his time alone in the dorm. It’s not that he don’t have any friends, he’s just picky. He prefer to do things alone if his close friends is busy.

He usually spent his time working on musics, watching musics, playing game, working on music again, and playing game again. It’s 7 PM when his nightmare started to bothering him.

A kakao message from Kim Yeri, He saved her contact as Red velvet Yeri. He got it few years ago, don’t remember from who and where.

Red Velvet's Yeri
I’m asking for my trip. 
There’s no hello or greeting. Maybe she feels awkward like him to doing that. It is better to talk like this.

BTS's JK
Are you serious?

Yeri didn't remember why she saved his contact like that.

Red Velvet's Yeri
I am serious, you’re the one who asked, you’re the one who promised me something.

BTS's JK
I thought you would say no

“with a face like that, a fame like that..why would this guy think so low of himself? Yeri mumbling while staring at her phone, she’s typing some messages when another message from Jungkook popping up.

BTS's JK
I don’t know what you saw from me, but I’m not a nice partner for a trip.

Red Velvet's Yeri
I don’t care, I just want a trip, I don’t want you

Yeri is being overboard, and she knows it. It took long to Jungkook for replying her message.

BTS's JK
I’ll pay for it, send me your bank account number.

At this rate, Jungkook is just doing anything to get away from this crazy trip, even if that means he’s being super rude like this. He feels wronged but what can he do.

Red Velvet's Yeri
I WANT A TRIP, NOT YOUR MONEY MISTER

“He’s so freaking annoying.” Well..little part of her realized that the one who is being annoying is nobody else but her, pestering a young man on his twenties to go a trip like this is absurd, especially when both of them are celebrities.

Red Velvet's Yeri
Give me your overwatch ID

Jungkook is already losing his mind and on the verge of ignoring her for the rest of his life when Yeri send him another message.

Red Velvet's Yeri
One round of that game, and if I lose I’ll stop bothering you

What Jungkook see is nothing but a huge way out, according to what he read about her yesterday, she just into this game for the past few months. Meanwhile he’s been playing it for years. His skill is more superior than her.

BTS's JK
Call. Seagull

He gave her the ID and ready for the game right away.

Jungkook is confidence on his victory, he was just forget that overwatch is also a team game. He’s great but if his team , a defeat is right in front of him.

Red Velvet's Yeri
I WOOOOOON

BTS's JK
You just lucky. My team

Well, to be fair…the one that resulted him to this in the first place is because he is unlucky for that paper game with his bangtan hyungs.

***

Incoming video call from Yeri..

“A video call?” Jungkook has no choice but to answer her calls.

“My trip.” First word she said, and he annoyed already.

“Woah your room look gorgeous, is that your dorm? So you guys are really made a lot of money.” Yeri is now looking around the background on Jungkook’s room which is nothing but luxury.

“Yours also not bad.” Jungkook noticed a purple bed and a pretty room full with lights behind her.

“It’s my sister’s. I’m at home.”

“Home? Your parents will know that you video calling me like this then.” He can’t believe what he heard.

“They know. My mom told me he like your latest song. Don’t worry they’re extremely good at keeping secret.”

Jungkook trying really hard to disgest each one of her words, but the only thing he found is nothing but weird things.

“Come on, Sunbae, my trip.” He can’t believe after all the things she said and she did she still have that conscience to call him a sunbae.

“it’s too risky. I don’t know where to go, I don’t have plane tickets, a lodging, a tour guide. I was just joking asking it yesterday, just forget it.”

“I have plane tickets, I have hotels booked already, A rented car is ready, I already packed my things.” She showed him a large suitcase beside the bed, and he has nothing to say.

“I even dyed my hair black, we won’t get recognized. I promise you.” Jungkook is aware about her hairstyles changed right after he picked up the phone. And she does looks better with dark hair.

“where?” He ask her slowly and very carefully.

“Bali.”
And that’s it, Jeon Jungkook cutting off the call right away. This girl is an extreme. He can only do so much for a trip together with Jimin to Japan last year. They even needs to wear a full face mask in order to not get recognized on the street.

Yeri is not surprised by the reaction, Bali is a far away place. She know how absurd and crazy that sounds to ask him for doing that to her. But she just really need to go..

She’s started to losing ways..but surprisingly another call from Jungkook is coming.

“Look, Yeri-ssi. I’m giving you an advice because I care for you since I consider you as an acquintance. Don’t do this kind of things to anyone, I know you’re good at socializing, having a lot of friends, but  asking a random guy who’s only 2 years older than you on a secret trip thousand miles away from home is just crazy…not everyone in this world is an angel. Being brave and stupid . You need to know the difference.” 
His words..she clearly heard the frustration on his words. He could just ignore her, but him doing this is making her sure that this guy is really a nice one.

“But you’re famous, I know how you works, I watched you on stage closely for years. I know how you’re treasuring what you have. If you did anything bad to me, I just need to open my mouth and everything you have will start crumbling.” That is crazy. Kim Yeri is taking it too far with this guy and she knows it. This is her being stupid and not her being  fearless.

“Are you threating me right now?

“It’s not a threat. I just told you, that I trust you, we can act as stranger. I just need you to be a messenger for my family and friends if something bad happened to me in our vacation.”

Well, she doesn’t means it to be a sad and frustrating story, but it just came out like that.

“I’m genuinely asking for help. Please. I’ll send all the details to you, I’ll wait for you at the airport. “ Since he seems buying her sad story, she choose to take it a bit too far while talking to him in sad and cracking voice.

***

Jeon Jungkook is dumbfounded. Like what is this mess.. If the girl is suddenly missing because she went to the trip alone, with the last phone call she made is him, and the last phone call she received is also him. He can not imagine what kind of trouble will come to him.

He can not sleep that night. He can not think straight too.

People said he has everything, but one unlucky day is enough to ruin him like this.



 

“Saeron will be there waiting for you, right?” Yeri hug her mom and her dad inside the car when they drop her off for the trip.

She told thousand lies to them and also to Jungkook. Her mom didn’t know Jungkook is the one who will go on trip with her. She also lied to Jungkook about their parents know about her calling him last night.

No matter how crazy it  is, what parents will allow his famous daughter went on a trip with a guy? Both still so young on top of that. Yeri knows this so she decide to tells lies to everyone.

“Yes, she’ll be there. Mom don’t bother her. She’s having a hard time right now.” She's getting out from the car while waving her hands to both of her parents.

“I won’t. Have fun.”

***

“I can’t believe I’m doing this. I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Jungkook is now sit on one of the bench near starbucks while holding one ice americano. It’s 2 am at dawn, and he can’t believe what he’s doing.

“Oh my god, you came.” Yeri is now running to his table while waving her hands and smiling so wide.

He doesn’t say a word but scanning his trip partner from head to toe right away.

“Oh..come on.. I’m good enough. People will believe us as a young couple who take their first trip together.” Yeri usually joking like this with all the oppas she have at her agencies. She's indeed know how to socialize, people who knows her really adore her and appreciate her existence, but this Jeon Jungkook is…

“Am I being overboard? Sorry..” She realized the mistake right away, when there’s no response but a rolled eyes from him.

Jungkook is walking in front of her, dragging his suitcase with his left hand and holding the ticket and his passport with his right hand. Honestly, he also doesn’t understand about him going to this trip. He doesn’t want it, but he also find himself packing a bunch of great tropical clothes for this trip, he even packed his expensive video camera, his favorite hoodie and a bunch of Bluetooth speaker, he act like this is the most usual trip and vacation. Maybe he does needs an escape too.

***

“This ticket is supposed to used by my girl friend. So of course we won’t sit on a different place on the plane.” Yeri talks to him, when his gaze demanded an explanation about their seating plan.

“We’re going back after 6 days? Are you crazy? I promised you this weekend, not an entire week like this.” He gets mad once again when she gave him the return ticket. And he saw the date of their return flight.

“It’s a far away place. Two days is basically us on flight.”

They stopped arguing and stopped talking to each other and busy with their own stuffs right away. Jungkook is listening to music while taking a nap, and Yeri is doing nothing but stare at him, because really she feels thankful.

“I’m going to open my eyes now, so if you don’t want to get caught while staring at me, you can stop.” He realized those dreamy eyes is already staring at him for a few minutes and now it’s honestly bothering him.

“You’re so handsome, and such a fine guy, I don’t understand why would you joking like that and not expecting something like this on return?” Jungkook is now getting embarrassed by her words. He is not used by compliments that is not coming from his hyungs or his fans. She is so blunt and it makes him uncomfortable.

“I  was expecting a yes for a simple lunch, dinner, or even a date on the weekend. Not a long trip like this.”

Yeri giggling because of his answer, she’s aware that he’s trying hard to staying calm after being called as a handsome and fine guy.

“I’m going to sleep . don’t bother me.” She stopped talking and ready to take a nap, when Jungkook covering her whole body with a blanked up to her nose.

“I feel like people would recognized you, so cover up.” She said nothing but giving him a small nod.

***

There’s nothing that they can do at plane, because they’re aware about their status as celebrity, they're trying hard to get quiet as possible. Not attracting any attentions. Hiding.

But when they finally arrived and free from all the thoughts. They do seems feel more relaxed.

“This is a vacation. Enjoy yourself.” That’s what Yeri said when she’s started to leaving Jungkook behind. He chase her and hold her arms right away.

“You want to act as stranger, right? So bye..” She’s trying to run away but Jungkook’s grip is stronger than her will to run.

“You promised me, a lodging and a rented car. Where?” He looks around, and Yeri is now the one who’s holding his arms both with her hands.

“You know this trip is supposed to be for me and my girl friend. So we booked one hotel room and one car. Sorry.”

“What? Now this is not fair. I’m coming with you.”

“Well, I don’t mind, you’re such a catch and I’m not ashamed to be with you, really.” Yeri still teasing her by complimenting him and Jungkook’s face is red right away. He knows that she is teasing and joking but still…

“Just..hmm…show..me the lodging.” Yeri is laughing because of his sutter talks and now covering her face.

“Are you even an idol? You should getting used for being called handsome and perfect. Why would you embarrassed?"

“Can you just walk?” He choose to ignore her words and start pushing her back.

“You’re cute.”

“That's enough, i think i’m being too lenient to you, you can not just call someone who is older than you cute and scamming him like this.” Now he talks with those eyes, the big intimidating eyes he gave is scary even for a girl like Yeri who always find a brighter side of anyone first.

There’s a pause, and tense atmosphere between them right now. Yeri slowly bowing her head and continue her walk. Being lectured by someone who she doesn’t know well is definitely a bad thing to experienced. what a way to ruin her perfect vacation.

Jungkook is now slightly relieved that even in this trip, Yeri still a kid and he’s still having a control of her behaviour.

“Don’t get mad. You will heard that often from me.” He talks to her ears when he find her pouting her lips and being down while sitting on their rented car for an hour.

***

“Sorry. We don’t have any room left. It is weekend so everywhere is full booked.” Jungkook is almost cursing in front of ,these people but he manage to give them a smile instead.

“Looks like instead of stranger, we should act as a couple instead.” Yeri who is standing beside him is being annoying once again. And Jungkook is not do anything but left her behind. He  take a sit while leaning his head on the couch beside the front door, browsing his phone to find others hotel.

“You heard them. It is weekend, everywhere is full booked. Look, my room is huge and I booked the private one, far from other guests. It’s not a single bed. “ Jungkook lift his face to her and really, she is just being a jerk at this point.

“I won’t spend too many times on the room anyway, I’ll take a walk, went to the beach, shopping at night, find great restaurants, I’ll be outside most of time and only using the room for sleep. You can do anything you want , I won’t mind , just don’t touch my stuffs.” She is trying to talk to him with a sweet tone, as sweet as she can. So at least he won’t get  mad too much.

“Let’s go.” She’s offering her hands, and Jungkook slowly reach to it and hold it while getting up from his sit.

“Don’t worry, I won’t come to you at night.” She talks in a such a manner and that makes him laugh too.