Ch : 11

Sweet Escape

It's only been a few minutes since they started to walk when Yeri ask for a stop in front of a pharmacy.

“what happened?” Jungkook give her a look and start scanning her from head to toe, tyring to find out what is wrong with her and why would she need to visit this pharmacy.

Yeri opening the door and told Jungkook to wait for her in a couch near the door. He watch her talks to the employee, she bought some things, paid for it, and now walking back to him, still with her bloated face after crying.

“Give me your arms.” That’s what she said while kneeling down in front of him and opening a bottle of antiseptic and a few packs of band aid.

“I don’t want to get sued by your agency for damaging their asset like this.” She wiped his wounded elbows and cleaning all the blood dropping from it.
Jungkook also feels surprised when he saw that his arms is wounded, bleeding on top of that, where it is came from, he doesn’t know.

“It was me.” Yeri showing him her fingers and her nails with trace of his blood there.

“oh..right.” And now he knows.

“I forgive you.” He continuing his talk, being sarcastic is one of his strength. Yeri didn’t say sorry for hurting him like this specifically, so he reminding her about that. Yeri can only smiles hearing it from him.

“I still have a long list that I need to ask for forgiveness from you, I’ll talk about it later” She finally finished her care for his wound, and Jungkook can’t help but curious and lowkey worried about what she said.

“I don’t need to hear it. I’ll forgive everything.” He doesn’t want things to get awkward between them so he’s trying hard to avoiding a serious conversation.
Even though talk with Yeri is always exciting, fun and great, but after seeing her crying like that, Jungkook back to feeling insecure, he’s afraid that Yeri’s problem is too big that he can’t even offer any help.

“I’ll still talk about it.” Yeri is now offering her hands to him and helping him get up from his sit.

“I’m not good at giving advice, so don’t expect me to do that.”

“I won’t.”


 

The festival is happening near the beach. It’s a mixture of tradition, culture, and tourist attractions. Many people is here to watch, Jungkook is busy with his camera and Yeri is busy roaming around watching everything from a closer look.

“Ya, stop there, I’ll take your picture.” Jungkook screaming to Yeri from few meters away when he told her to take a picture beside a huge crowd of festival participant.

She's following his command and even ask one of the local staff to take a picture with her while smiling.

“Is it coming out good?” Yeri is back to him asking him about her picture, joining him who is now busy staring at his camera judging her pictures.

“You need to fix this.” Jungkook start fixing her bang and her braided crown when he saw that her hair is messed up on his pictures.

Yeri avoiding his hands in a slight seconds, she’s flinched because of his touch.
 

“Why don’t you strike a pose, and I’ll take your picture instead.” She take his camera away from him and told him to be her model instead.
Maybe because Jungkook is so nice to him, that’s why she doesn’t feels comfortable being intimate with him. It’s a burden.

“Be careful with that.” Jungkook gave her his camera and now start watching the festival with other tourists, He ‘s not striking any pose, but Yeri still taking his pictures anyway. Watching him from afar, and remember all things he did for her, Instead of an escape, Jungkook started to feel as her safe heaven as days passed by.

“It’s going to end soon.” Yeri is too immersed with her own minds and she feels susprised when Jungkook already stand beside her and told her that the festival is wraping up soon.

“It’s a great one, I took lots of pictures of that.” Yeri giving him back his camera and focusing her eyes to the beach now.

***

 

The festival is finished and people start leaving the beach, only a few people is still here, because honestly what can you see from a beach at 8 PM.
It’s dark everywhere, but Jungkook is still here sittng on the sand with his camera on his neck and enjoying a quiet vibe that this beach give to him.
Yeri is nowhere to be found, she said that she will be back after charging her phone, but it’s been 5 minutes and she’s still not here.

“The line at the supermarket is really long.” His quiet world now start to get noisy wth Yeri’s existence.

Yeri is back with a plastic bag full with canned drinks. 5 cans of beer.

“Are you serious? Afterwhat happened last night? We’re going to die for drinking nonstop.” Yeri ignores his words and now taking a sit beside him and opening one of a canned beer and drink it fast.

“I’m not going to take you home if you’re drunk.” That’s what Jungkook said while opening a can for himself.

“I need this, if I want to talk to you about what happened.” She talks in a very low voice, but because the beach is quiet now, Jungkook can still heards it clearly.
That talk..

He take a quick glance to her who is now focusing her eyes into a dark sea in front of them.

“I’m not good at serious talk.” Jungkook gives her a smile and Yeri only give him a deep stare.

“You just need to listen, because I did so many bad things to you since the very beginning of this trip, and you need to prepare for all the bad things I’m going to do to you from now on.” Jungkook can’t understand what she said so he just looking at her waiting for her to continuing her words.

Yeri lift her hands to Jungkook’s shoulder and hit it once.

“I choose you.”

It is beyond absurd and confusing. She’s so weird, that’s what Jungkook’s thought.

“Am i your pokemon or something? What would you choose me? Weirdo” He tossed her hands from his shoulder but Yeri put it back on him.

“No seriously, don’t talk like a child. I want to know why are you crying so much back then. It’s scaring me.” Jungkook started to lost his patience when Yeri’s talking in such a weird way.

“I’m sorry.”

***

Jungkook stopped putting a pressure on her when he saw that Yeri’s face start to try change color and she’s looking down while drinking her beer again.

“If you asked me about spending our times together, getting away from everyone 3months ago, I’ll probably say no firmly.”

“But you said yes to my offer, why?”

“Because I saw you as my chance. My escape plan.”

For Jungkook, Yeri is none other than a punishment when they first started, it’s also takes him by surprise when he knows that it’s not only Yeri who’s getting used by him but vice versa.

“Life is getting harder for me. I’m getting tired, and you offer me a chance so of course I took it. So I’m sorry for that.” She looks at him with her big, red, tired eyes while give him a smile.

“I’m sorry your life is hard.”

Jungkook with his smile is such a sight. Even when Yeri still didn’t know him well, his smile is always something that so easy to remember. Even though sometimes he did it with an awkward approach, it's still nice to see it.

“I promised someone to go to this island, we made a promise to go together but that friend is gone without any clear reason, so I’m sorry for taking you this far.”

“No, thank you for taking me this far.” Yeri looks surprised when Jungkook start to said thank you to her for this trip.

“I always wanted to go here but I don’t have many chances, and also through this trip I could act as a better person from how I usually acted to people, so thanks.”

“That’s not true, You’re usually kind. People told me that. I mean if I heard bad or ill things about you from people, no matter how desperate I am, I’ll definitely won’t do this trip.”

“You asked people about me?”

Getting caught again Kim yerim.

“Hmm..yeah one, two, there, maybe ten peoples.” It is true that she asked her friends, Jungkook’s friends, her stylist and a few other peoples about how is Jeon Jungkook before she decided to go for this trip.

“I didn’t tell them about the trip though, so don’t worry, Sunbaenim.”

Jungkook rolling her eyes to her, yeah..right..what shoud he expect from Yeri.

“I’m also sorry for lying to you about the hotels, our trip, losing your works, my bad behaviour to you, went missing, everything. I’m sorry.” Yeri offering him her hands and Jungkook just stare at it.

“It’s a long list, right?” He’s teasing her.

“I’m not usually like this. Believe it or not, Yeri that other people knows is not Yeri that you knows from this trip.” Yeri is sure of that. The way she behaves in front of Jungkook Is so different with the way she acts in front of other peoples, even thought she admit that she has attitude in front of her families, her members, and her closest friends but it never gets as bad as what she had in front of Jungkook.

“And why is that? Am I your punching bag or something?”

“That’s why I need to apologized for what will happened in a far future.”

Yeri start opening her second can of beer so does Jungkook. They have so many things to talked about.

“Did you just choose me as your punching bag ?” Jungkook came with a  nonsense conclusion but he feels like his conclusion isn’t far from the truth.

“Not exactly that way. It’s also surprises me that I could manage to becoming so honest in front of you, but I just can venting all my angers and frustration while arguing with you. And I’m sorry for that, because really I need you to helping me for that.”

“That’s what a punching bag means, kid.” Jungkook can’t believe what he heards. Yeri is ridiculous.

“It’s not.”

“It is.”

“Then you should have stopped being kind to me when I’m bothering and hurting you.”

And Kim Yerim should have stopped treating Jeon Jungkook as her trigger. Yeri Is hating herself for acting like a jerk to him. She’s covering her face while trying hard to not cry again because this is embarassing. She should have stayed at home when she feels bad and anxious, she should have taking a yoga class or meditation class instead of going for a vacation after what happened.

“Looks like my skill to makes you angry is really good.” Jungkook takes another sip of his drinks while watching Yeri who started to get up from her sit.

“I’m sorry for that too…it’s..i’ll just go back to the hotel.” Yeri is busy wearing her shoes but Jungkook drag her back to her sit.

“No, tell me..i’ll consider a role as your punching bag if your reasoning and your story is makes sense.”

Yeri feels hurt with what he said and now her eyes is already filled by tears.

“You’re my caretaker yesterday and my punching bag today, can you please stop putting words to my mouth because that’s not true and I saw you more than that.”
Yeri was called him as her safe heaven earlier, but Jungkook thinks so low of himself and it’s bothering her.
Both Yeri and Jungkook doesn’t seems to understand about the concept of perspective.


***

Yeri is now giving up with her shoes and left the beach barefooted, leaving Jungkook who is now dumbfounded and lowkey a mess too.

Why everything gotta be so complicated for them, that’s what Yeri thought..she should have stayed at the bed and sleep all day so this fight is never happened.
Her friendship with Jungkook is no longer a roller coaster, it feels like a plane without any pilot and ready to fall down anytime. They’re not good at doing this.

Yeri is trying hard to wipe her tears with both of her hands because her eyes is blurry and she can’t see the road well.

“Hey..stop it.” It was Jungkook again, holding her arms and stopping her from her walk with her shoes on his right hands.

“I told you I’m not good at doing this. “ Jungkook doesn’t know what to do either. He is not used with a girl being mad at him and even cry because of him. There’s a few of his stylist noona who often annoyed by him and his behaviour, because he disagree with the way his hair styled or clothes they picked for him, there's also his mom getting upset by his behaviour and ended up crying.
He could just hug them and said Sorry, because they’re families and people who close to him more than anyone, but Yeri..
Well, since technically she’s a friend, maybe she will be fine if he did the same thing to her too.

 

Yeri doesn’t even know what to think or what to do when a pair of hands is now pulling her to a hug.

“Sorry.” Jungkook said that with hands on her back patting it a few times and even ruffling her hair with his big hands. Yeri is small, she’s easily wrapped by him and her height is only the same height with his upper arms. She already stopped crying because she’s dumbfounded with this. No matter how close she is with a male friend. Nobody ever hug her like this. Jungkook doesn’t know how a friendship work and that is obvious on Yeri’s eyes.

 “am I forgiven now?” He move his hands from her hair to both of her cheeks and lift her face to his eyes, asking a question.

Yeri nodding her head quickly, yeah of course with that hug, that smile, that eyes, even if he stabbed her with a dagger and ask her for a forgiveness, she’ll say yes in matter of seconds. Jeon Jungkook is ruining her life.



If anyone waiting for Bighit to release something regarding BTS's comeback.

i think tonight is the night. lol

anyway, thanks for reading