Ch : 13

Sweet Escape

Yeri finally coming out from the bathroom after drying her  hair, only to find Jungkook is busy playing with his phone on her couch.

“My territory.” She’s pointing her hands to the couch and Jungkook is waking up from his sit.

“Let’s take turn. You can use the bed.” He told Yeri to use the bed. 

"I used the bed already last night. It's technically your turn." Of course the bed is so much more comfortable than her couch, but Yeri already feel bad about Jungkook sleeping on a tiny staff room last night.
"You can use it again." Jungkook put his phone on the table in front of him and turn his face from Yeri.

Yeri is totally dumbfounded with the way he acts. First day they were here, he told her to use the couch without a second thought, and why now..
Seeing his back like this makes her realized that he probably tired and doesn't want to argue with her anymore, so she decide to let him be.

***
 

Yeri is lying on her bed and take a glance to Jungkook who’s sleeping on her couch before closing her eyes. She has 2 days left for this vacation. Things turns out unexpected but not in a bad way. She find peace and gain a friend from this trip. And she's happy.

Yeri opening her eyes once again, when Jungkook can't stop making noises. He turns his body to left and right, and sometimes fix his pillow position. The couch is small, it's well-fitted for small Yeri, but for Jungkook whose height is probably 20cm more than her it is surely uncomfortable.

She try to wakes him up, and Jungkook opening his eyes immediately. This is not Yeri’s first time seeing him sleep. He's a heavy sleeper, and for him to easily woken up by a slight touch on his shoulder means he's far from actually sleeping.

***

 

Jungkook is used by sleeping in uncomfortable place on daily basis. He can sleep on the couch when he's on a vacation with his hyungs, sometimes he sleep on  his hyungs bed, using so little space beside them, or in the living room back at dorm. Not to mention all sleeps he done in car or plane when they're in the middle of schedule.
So of course he said it's fine when Yeri told him to sleep on the bed.

"If you feel bad because i was emotionally unstable and crying a lot today, so you giving up your bed, seriously i don't need that." Jungkook blinking his eyes a few times, Yeri with her choice of words.

"I feel bad because you paid all these hotel expenses but ended up sleeping on the couch for days."
Of course Jungkook feels bad for Yeri because just like him, she's coming here with troubles too.
And she spent so much more energy than him to walk araound the island and doing others exhausting activities, so yeah, he thinks that Yeri deserve a peaceful and quality sleep at least once.

"You just want me to feel guilty." Yeri is now taking a sit beside him when he finally awakes and obviously annoyed.
"I'm not."
"Then let's stop arguing and you sleep on your bed. Give me back my couch." Yeri pushes his shoulder with both of her hands, asking him to move.
"Seriously, i'm tired. leave me alone." Yeri can't help but even feels more sorry to Jungkook when he said that.
"Then, let's sleep on that together. It's so much more fair that way."

Jungkook can't help but seriously taken aback with what Yeri said, he gives her that one confused and fascinated look from his eyes, the same look he gave to her when she said yes to their weekend get away last week.
"I told you about knowing the difference between being brave and being stupid, right?" He told her that and Yeri just laughing at him.
"You're taking it too far." She dragged his hand to get up and now both of them standing in front of their huge bed while staring at it.
"You can use this side, and i can use this side." Yeri continuing her talk and pointing her hand to two different  side of their bed.
"It's simple, right?" Yeri is back to Jungkook and now stare at his eyes.
Jungkook thinks that this is not simple and it will never be simple.

"When was your last relationship?" Yeri asking him a new question that is enough to makes Jungkook rolling his eyes once again.
"What's the correlation between that question and all of this?"
"Just answer it."
"Middle school.." 
"And how far you go with your relationship?" He give Yeri another sharp glance once again because really, what is wrong with this kid and her curiousity.
"A hug? Kiss?" she's continue to interrogating him with a mischievious smile.
"Why are we having this conversation?"
"Just answer it, i swear you'll see my reasoning for this." Yeri told him to answer her question while poking his shoulder.
Jungkook let out a heavy sigh before he answers and Yeri give him a smile.
"A kiss..yes."
Yeri clapping her hand one time, and now lifting her face to Jungkook who looks extremely confused.
"See? i've never had any relationship, i've never been in love too, let alone a kiss. So you don't need to worry, you're far more experienced than i am. So you don't need to get scared of me."

Jungkook can't help but laugh at this whole conversation he had with Yeri. This is ridiculous.
"You're such a kid. Let me tell you, you don't need to be in love or in relationship to actually worried and scared over thing like that."
Jungkook thinks that it is good he is older than Yeri and he still have life before trainee and idol life longer than her. So he can put some sense to her way of thinking, the too naïve way of thinking.
He can see that Yeri is slightly embarassed by his remarks and now she's looking down with eyes on the floor.

"Can we stop and just sleep already?" Yeri talks in a very thin voice, Jungkook barely heard it but he did.
He give her a smile, she really looks like a kid, the way she behave and the way she talks is even more funny with all her remarks about odd things. It's fascinating.
Her face and eyes is still bloated because she's been crying but there's some funny and bright expression from her everythime she try to argue with him. She's weird.

"You go first, i'll sleep later."
Yeri lost her smile when she find Jungkook takes his phone and wearing his jacket.
"I'll seriously get mad if you sleep on that staff room again, tonight." The thing is, Jungkook is already sacrificed a lot for her and even manage to makes her feel better. Meanwhile Yeri thinks that the only thing she done for him is bothering him and making him suffer since the first day he talks to her.
So of course, she doesn't want to feel guilty for the rest of her life, and she doesn't want a friend is hurting because of her. Not only Jungkook, but noone deserve this kind of treatment, only to accompanying her moody self.

"I won't." He give her a smile before he walked out the door and gone from her sight.

***

 

"That is so embarassing." Yeri close her eyes and covering her face with her own hands right after Jungkook leaves. She knows that sometimes she's weird and talking nonsense all the time.
But she never expecting it to reach this extent.
She throw herself to the bed and use the blanket to cover her face.

What she did is a complete behaviour that wasn't belong to her before this trip.
No matter how comfortable she is with a male friend or even her male manager, asking them to sleep in the same place with her is crazy.
She can't believe she did that and put a complete poker face in front of Jungkook.

 

***

 

A 24 hours handcraft store at the hotel lobby.
Jungkook is standing in front of the store while sometimes look at his phone, it's 10PM at night and he is amazed by himself for standing here now.
"Welcome." One of the employee come to him with a smile.
"I'm looking for a gift, similiar to this." As soon as he enters the shop, he showed the employee his wrist with gift from Yeri on it.
"Accesories? over there." He showed one of the corner.

Jungkook rarely buys a gift.
His hyungs at dorm often for being a cheapskate since they were young, because he rarely buy gifts for them on a special occasion, same thing goes with his family, he’ll just told them to pick and buy anything they need and he’ll pay for it instead of choosing gift for them or made them a surprise event.

 It's not because he doesn't want to buy, but sometimes, little things like choosing and buying gift for s or his family is never on his priority, he often forget about it because he's the one who always receiving loves from them.
And why is he here now..Yeri is not more important for him than s. But why..


Jungkook stare at his bracelet, he can not give her a more extravagant gift than this, because well, part of him also afraid if Yeri is going to brag about the gift and told people about it.
So he choose a keychain with moon and star ornament around it. He thinks that it suits Yeri.

"A good choice." The cashier told Jungkook her opinion when he paid for it.
He give her a smile and he's happy with the compliment.

***

 

Yeri is still trying to sleep under her blanket when she heard noises from the door. Jungkook is back.
She doesn't know why she feels nervous, maybe because after all those stupid talk he did with him earlier.
She can hear that he's opening the balcony door, that means that he is outside doing anything. It's tiresome to guess what he did out there so she decide to put more efforts for her sleep.

Turns out her effort is worked well, because now Yeri feels like she already had a good sleep and start to open her eyes.
The sky is still dark, but a clock on her phone told her that this is 4AM in the morning already.
She only has 2 and half days left here, so watching sunrise is a must.
She get up from her sleep and looking at her surrounding. It's quiet, if she's not seeing a pillow tower beside her, she'll thought that she is alone on this room.

"He's a complete weirdo." Yeri mumbling that words while kick the pillow tower with her left foot.
There's around five or six pillows, lining up beside her in two level. And when the tower is finally drop, she can see Jungkook's back beside her.
He's not lying about sleeping here.

"Where did he get all of this anyway?" Yeri is now picking up all the scattered pillows from the bed and the floor. She put it on a couch while trying to not makes any sound.

If some of Jungkook's fans ask her about how their idol sleeps. Yeri will just answer it with one word.
Peaceful.
Even though the word dead is probably apply to him too, but seeing it again today, peaceful is a more appropriate word.
He moves a lot on his sleep, but he never open his eyes while doing it.
To put it more simple, he use as much as concentration for his sleep just like how he use it on stage.

 

***

 

Jungkook start to feels hot and stuffy, so he decide to waking up with a heavy groan while stretching both of his hand. He remembers he put his jacket on the couch last night before he sleep, but why is it here now, on top of his body.
Yeri.
He's searching the room for her but she's nowhere to be found.
4.30 AM, where is she at times like this.

After Yeri went missing 2 days ago, Jungkook always feel nervous and uneasy when she can't be seen like this. So he quickly grab his jacket and his snapback to cover his messy sleepy hair before he went out to find her.

"Good morning." Jungkook greeted by the receptionist when he passed by the lobby. He thought that the beach is probably the place that Yeri visited at early morning, so he walks fast.
"Your friend is on the roof." This one staff seems aware that Jungkook is looking for Yeri when he saw him with his wondering eyes.
"Thank you." Jungkook give him a bow and pushing the elevator button quick.
"She just wanted to watch the sunrise." The hotel staff seems aware anout his worried face so he said it to makes Jungkook feels a little bit at ease.

 

***

 

"I should have bring my jacket." Yeri is standing on the edge of the hotel roof, while hugging her self. It’s cold here.
She asked for a spot to watch sunrise, hotel staff told her about the beach, but surprisingly she doesn't have courage to go there alone at early morning like this, when the sky is still dark.
They give her alternative that is this roof. They said some of their guests also told to come here for a sunrise if they're too lazy for walking to the beach, but looks like they were bluffing, because she's been here for almost 20 minutes, alone.
Noone else is here.
"Maybe because i came here too early." She glance at her phone, it's 4:50

***

 

Jungkook finally reach the rooftop after few minutes ride on elevator and climbing an extra stairs. He opens the door and he can feels the morning breeze sweeping  all over his body.
He found Yeri,  a few meters away from the door, standing alone, in her blue silk pajamas, with her hair blown away by a strong wind.

"Your second time?" He walks closer to her, and now Yeri is turning her face to him. She's wearing a round glasses, similiar with what he owned back at home.
"Oh thank god you're here." She's running to him in small steps and ping his jacket with both of her tiny hands.
"What are you doing?" As for now, Jungkook doesn't even remember how many act from Yeri that is enough to makes his heart jumped out like this.
"Let me borrow this. I'm freezing." Yeri hold Jungkook's hands to showing off her cold hands, and it's enough to makes him flinched and pull his hands away from her immediately.
Jungkook stare at her while taking off his jacket. He knows that he is naturally not a bad person, he always try to help others and he hates to see people suffers, but still...isn't what he did for Yeri is a little bit too much, for someone who he knows 5 days ago.
Since Yeri looks so busy with her hair, the wind, her phone, he’s also helping her to use his jacket. Zipping it again for her, and tighting the hoody on her head.

"It's my first time." That's what she said when Jungkook is done helping her.
"Did you watch it yesterday already?"
"Nope. I lied."
Yeri is now walking back to her spot and Jungkook is following her.
"why would you lie about something like that?"
Now they're standing side by side with each other, eyes focusing on the navy blue colored sky in front of them. It's still dark.

“I was afraid, that you’ll get mad if I told you that I don’t want to see the sunrise alone, you told me to be independent, remember?” Yeri lift her face to him and now Jungkook is laughing at her.

“I was just saying it because I’m angry.”

“No, but you’re right. “

Jungkook stopped talking to her, because his attentions distracted by how beautiful the landscape he’s seeing right now. The sky started to change its color into dark blue, with few orange lines around it.

“Thank you for yesterday.” Yeri is now blocking his view with her face when she suddenly choose to stand in front of him, offering her hands.

“What did I do yesterday?”

“You told me, you’re not good with serious talk, giving advice, being mature.. But I’m feeling better now. That means your works is good.”

Jungkook is shaking her hands and give her his signature smile.

“Just like you, I don’t usually behaving like this, before this trip..so i thank you too” This is the truth, He feels like a new person with all the things he said and he did for Yeri. He is so much more matured and reliable. And he thinks that it’s good to learn about all of those through this trip, thanks to Yeri who’s fearless, weird, and always makes him uneasy.

“Then..when we’re back home…” Yeri is now letting go of his hand, and back to her spot beside him, She stare at Jungkook,who’s still focusing his eyes into the sky.

“Let’s meet each other again with how we’re usually behaving. the us without any troubles and complicated mind. ”

Jungkook moves his eyes to Yeri who is now give him a smile.

“I’ll presenting a better version of me.” She continuing her talk and Jungkook can see her little smile and teary eyes.

This trip and what happened is hard for her, and he totally understand.

“ That’s a promise.” He pat her back a few times, and Yeri nodding her head, agreeing with him.



Will Yeri keep that promise? lol

Anyway, i  don't think i'm a good writer for this story, but thank you for reading this, it's enjoyable, writing this fic.

 

don't forget to support BTS's comeback too!!