Ch : 12

Sweet Escape


Jungkook thinks that the dark beach probably giving a bad vibe to both of them so they ended up speaking nonsense and get angry to each other, and also he thought that Yeri is probably being sensitive because she doesn’t eat enough today, so he decide to drag her for a dinner in medium scale restaurant near their hotel. With bright lights and good food surrounding them, hope things get better.

“Not a care taker or a punching bag, I was just asking you to be my friend, my close friend who’s willing to heard all my troubles even when we’re back from this trip and you being you again and me being me again.”

Good food helps. Jungkook give her a smile when he finally can speak to her in a comfortable and less tension surrounding. She doesn’t sounds mad and angry anymore, must be the food.

***

It was the hug, Yeri thinks that being comforted by a gesture really helping to calming her down.

“Alright, I will.” He’s nodding his head and Yeri give him a smile.

“Thank you.”

“But what happened?”

“what do you mean? “

“Months before this, why are you being like this, why did you need an escape, what happened?”

Yeri stopped from her eat and give Jungkook a deep look, she’s judging him, if he’s worthy of this conversation. She never told this to anyone, and she’s acting fake in front of everyone regarding this.

“Nothing happened.” Yeri talks to Jungkook with eyes wondering to the window beside them.

“Really?”

“People like you wouldn’t understand even if I talk.” That is so uncalled for, that remarks..Yeri closing her eyes feeling an instant regrets, when she saw Jungkook letting out a heavy sigh.

“People like me? Ok, fine. Doesn’t matter if you don’t want to talk, but you seriously need to fix that behaviour of yours.” Jungkook giving up on her, when Yeri won’t say anything.

“Are you mad?” Now she’s the one who talk.

"I am bothered."  Jungkook doesn't think that Yeri's behaviour is enough to make him mad. But it is annoying indeed
"Sorry, it's probably because i'm jealous of you." Yeri ended up her talks with an awkward laugh.
"why?"

Well, honestly speaking, there's so many people out there who's clearly told him about wanting his life. There's even more people who showed their jealousy to him through a passive aggresive behaviour.
Anyway, he's familiar with it. So asking her why sounds like a restoric question.
Because he's young, famous, rich, popular, loved, successful, his passions and dreams are come true, no matter what actually happened on his life, for others, it looks like a perfect life.

"our life isn't so different." For Jungkook, Yeri is far from having a bad career, she's popular, she's an idol from big agency, her album and her songs sold well, she's also invited to similiar event with him which means her popularity is also similiar with him, not to mention she's also younger than him and she has much more people around her, being her friends and care for her compared to him.
"You don't know my life." Yeri talks to him without looking at his eyes. She's avoiding it.
"And what do you know about mine?"
The way he talks with eyes focusing on her even though she refused to look at him is enough to makes Yeri focusing her eyes back on him. It's almost feels like a magnet, his eyes.
"Your perfect life..do you ever feels like you don't want it anymore? do you ever think about exchanging it with other kind of life?" 
Jungkook is not answering, because he knows that Yeri having more questions to ask regarding this.
"Your life without fame, without BTS, your fans, just your ordinary life before all of this? do you ever want it back?"

Well, if she's asking it now. Obviously the answer is no. Jungkook loves his life, everything and everyone on his life is precious and he doesn't want to lose any of it.
But since she was asking about "ever" then the answer is obvious.
"yes, i do."
"really?" Jungkook is taken aback by how surprised Yeri is hearing his answer.
"My life isn't always perfect."
"So what did you do?" Yeri is ignoring his remarks and proceed with another question for him.

 

What did he do? There was a time around 4 years ago. He was 18 at that time, that year is probably one of the busiest year he ever had since debut.
4 comebacks a year, his group condition was not good as they are now. He's been away from home for so long, and he ended up getting stressed and tired.
"I talked to my parents." He did. That's probably the most makes sense decision for a kid like him back then.
"what about your hyungs or your friends?"
Of course he talked about it to hyungs too. There was also time, when he told them about wanting to stop.
"I talked to them also."
"and what did they say?"
what did they say... Jungkook doesn't remember all of it, but people around him always remind him about how much he want this life before.
They always told him about all the times and all the efforts he put for making his dream come true. They always told him and encouraged him to hang in there, because he's strong and they need him to be there .

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­“They told me to keep going..”

Yeri give him a smile, and her eyes is back to wondering outside the window.

“Obviously. I know your life.” That’s what she said, her voice is small, weak, and that’s honestly makes Jungkook feel bad.

“Good for you, I wish I have that life.”

“What do you mean?” Jungkook honestly confused with all of her talks. Like what exactly from his life that she wants.

“People trust you.”

***

Yeri is back to him, maybe he’s worthy of this story. Maybe he will understand her perspective of this. So she decide to tell him.

Back to a few months ago, Yeri is having a hard time, she can not explain the exact reason, but she just hates her life. She wants to abandon everything, she has no consideration for her groups, her fans, her unnies, she just want to run away.  She will stole times to spend her night at her parents’s home instead of her dorms. She’’ll cry in the middle of night, and her parents also noticed it.

“I want to stop.” Yeri told her parents that, because they asked about what is wrong about her. She even told her agency and some of their friends. She told them that she’s tired and she hates everything.

Not even one single person told her to keep going. They encouraged her to give up and told her to take a break from her busy life if she can not handle it well.

“I was so disappointed, but I can not show it in front of everyone, because that’s not their fault, so yeah..i was holding it for so long and you came. Sorry.”

“It’s not because they don’t trust you, they are worried.”

“I know. that’s why they don’t deserve to see me being disappointed and messed up. It’s my fault for letting them see my vulnerable side, so they can’t help but feels bad and told me to stop.”

Jungkook stopped after Yeri finished her story. Her understanding is so twisted according to him.

***

“Weren’t you told them while crying too? “ She give him another question, and yes he did. He even lock himself on his room one day, because he didn’t want to go back to his dorm. But still his parents told him to keep going.

Yeri give him a smirk when she know that the answer is yes.

“I’m not expecting you to understand my approach regarding my own life’s problem. I was just letting you know the reason why I’m probably behaving like a jerk to you.” A lie. Yeri expect Jungkook to understand her. She expect him to understand why she was so disappointed and ended up here with him. Enjoying her times being away from people.

 They both drowning in silent now. Yeri is becoming even more down and disappointed when she gets nothing from her talks with Jungkook. Maybe it’s the same for him too, she’s just so vulnerable and not strong enough so she should just stop according to his thinking.

“It’s a little bit hypocrite of you, don’t you think?” Yeri give him a confused look when he start talking to her again.

“You told me you want to learn music and performing with your own song, you also told me about taking a dance lessons everyday and other stuffs. You never want to stop. “

“I don’t. That’s because life is so hard so I feels confused and stressed. I’m sure you understand. We said things like that not because we actually want to stop.” Yeri is defending herself from him. He calls her hypocrite, what the hell..

“I know, but why what people said is matter to you? It’s never about them, it’s only about you and me and how we see ourselves.”

“It’s easy for you to say, because people trust you. And you get what you want to hear from them.”

Yeri start to getting irritated by the way Jungkook lectured her about this.

“Look. Even if they told me to keep going but I don’t want it. I’ll just stop. This is my own life not them.”

“But then why won’t you stop?”

“Because I don’t want to. “

Yeri rolling her eyes to him. It is not that simple, she’s more dissapointed on herself because she failed to let people see what can she do for herself and for others. So they ended up easily told her to stop without knowing how hard she worked for this life and how much she wanted it.

“Trust yourself.”

Jungkook ended up his talk while giving Yeri a small squezze on her hand.

“Are you promoting your album to me?” She ended up laughing because of what he did.

“It’s Love yourself, and no I’m not promoting it.”

Well, at least he can makes her laugh.  And Yeri is thankful enough for that.


 

 

Jeon Jungkook for Kim Yerim is now divided to a three different persona. The first one is Jungkook his fellow idols, who she met at events and backstages, who always giving her an awkward smile everytime they’re passing by each other on stages, someone who’s always shy and hiding behind s hyungs when Yeri and her members come to them to say a greetings or simple hello. The second one is the almighty and confidence Jungkook with all the fans’s screams surrounding him when he appear on stage doing what he can do the best, Jungkook who has everything that young people around her age wants. And the last one is Jungkook, her friend who is now sharing a cup of ice cream with her while told her a story about his dog pet with enthusiastic smile and high pitched voice.

“He’s so cute. I’ll let you meet him one day.” His name is Gureumi, Jungkook is also showing his pictures from his phone and indeed it is super cute.

“You makes so many promises to me already. You need to know that I won’t let you off with those.”

Yeri is threatening him with her gaze and Jungkook relpying it with a laugh.

“If I’m not busy, I’ll try to fulfilled everything.”

***

 

They’re walking side by side while talking about everything, Yeri told him about the upcoming concert her agency has in Dubai. Jungkook told him a few things about Dubai that he enjoys back when he shoot BTS’s DVD.

“Hey..about the earlier thing.” Yeri and Jungkook is now standing in front of their hotel after 20 minutes walk . Yeri was ready to enter the lobby when Jungkook holding her amrs and stopping her from her walk.

“It’s not your parents or your friends’s fault that you disappointed with what they said.”

Yeri give him a smile because yes, she totally understand what he means.

“And it’s not your fault either.” Yeri lost her smiles, because if it’s not her then whose fault is that? Who’s the one with responsibility  of making her sad and disappointed? Who should she blame for all of this?

“You worked hard and you did well. “ He’s continuing his talk while letting go of Yeri’s arms and pat her shoulder with his big hands.

Yeri find her cheeks is getting warmer with what he said. Yeah, she worked hard enough and she suffered enough. Thank you for pointing that out, friend.

“I know, you probably changed already..but this is for Yeri who was sad and tired months ago. “

Yeri stare at him with a blank expression because she’s just so dumbfounded with this whole thing.

“Please don’t stop. You’re doing good and you can get through this.  As someone who spend 800 days more than you in this world. I could give you an assurance. Your life will be better at some point.”

Yeri can’t help but letting a small laugh when she remembers that words. He said it to her few days a go at the pool.

“Told you my advice is good.” Jungkook laugh with her and ruffling her bang in a quick movements.

“Thank you. Now go..” Yeri said thank you to him and push his back through the entrance door really quick. She doesn’t want Jungkook to see her tears anymore and she doesn’t want to let him see how touched she is with all the things he did. It’s embarrassing.

“And you?” Jungkook looks confused when Yeri is not following him.

“I’m going to call my parents.” That’s what she said before she’s running away from him and gone from his sight.

***

It’s been 4 days for Yeri on this trip. She doesn’t even call her parents once because no matter how she try to be calm. She’s angry and mad too with them after what happened, but now…
She actually feels bad that she left her parents for this trip with a lie and even being MIA without any news.

“She’s already sleeping.” That’s another lie that she told to her mom when she’s asking about Saeron’s existence. Still…telling her about Jungkook is never her choice.

She finished her phone call after taking turn to talk to her dad and her sisters, she told them sorry for behaving not so good for the past few months. It’s really warms her heart when her parents told her that they’re super worried about Yeri going on this trip but they’re afraid that she will be sad if they said no, so they’re letting her go. 


 

Yeri is back to her hotel room, and Jungkook is still in the middle of taking a bath, because he’s nowhere to be found, but she heard noises from the bathroom.
He’s so kind to her especially today, so Yeri decide to give him something in return. She’s opening her shopping bag from yesterday searching for something.

“What is it?” Jungkook is surprised when he first came out from the bathroom and Yeri is standing in front of the door while smiling.

“A gift.” Yeri give him a bracelet, it’s a black and brown bracelet with a traditional motives made with some sort of wood.

Jungkook take the bracelet and stare at it, and now give Yeri another confused look.

“I bought it for my self but because you’re soooo nice. I give it to you as a gift.”  Yeri told Jungkook to not get flattered too much for this. It’s just a gift and not expensive.

“Thanks. But you’re not having the same kind of bracelet like this right?” Jungkook said thanks to her but added a new question for her to answer.

“I’m tired being linked by people just because I own or I wear similar things with them.” Yeah..people and all their weird conclusion. Jungkook doesn’t remember how many female celebrities or idols who linked by his name only because of trivia things like this.

Yeri is already inside the bathroom when he finished asked, so she answers it while screaming from the inside.

“No, that’s the only one at the store. “ Well, the fact is she bought another bracelet with a same model, only the color is different. People won’t notice, it’s not a big deal. And even if she ended up linked by Jungkook because of that, it’s not hard to tell people who asked that they’re actually friends.

Obviously after tonight, Jungkook is probably on her top ten male friend list who she likes and thankful for. He’s reliable, gentle, totally like an older brother that she always wish to have. At least that’s what she thought.