Eight

Two Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The spring break has started, the weather is still cold but lesser than before. These days I hate going out but I have to so I can convince sana that I need to make money. I still drive her to the college, my bruises are eventually disappearing because I take the painkillers regularly… She takes care of me very well. I slept till almost twelve, the snow was covering the streets of soeun so driving is dangerous now. I went to the kitchen and smiled upon seeing that there is none sticky note on the fridge anymore. I think my rent helped her to pay all her debts and I was relieved about it. I saw her walking quickly into the kitchen.

“Good morning” I smiled but she just nodded and grabbed the Spirto alcohol.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as her expression wasn’t good at all.

“Haru is sick, his temperature is high” she sighed and went to her room and I followed her, momo was holding his hand and he was laying on the bed with a wet small washcloth on his forehead. The sight ached my heart. He reminded me of my brother in his first stage of his disease.

“Chaebong please hand me the water bottle” momo pointed at the water bottle but chaeyoung was staring at haru without blinking “Chaebong?”

Sana looked at him and she gasped when she saw tears on his cheeks “chaebong? Are you okay?”

“…” no reply.

Momo and sana exchanged stares, they mirrored each other’s worried face. But he walked out of the room and stood on the balcony. He was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, the cold didn’t seem to bother him he held the handrail tightly, his breaths weren’t steady as much as he tried forgetting his brother’s death, it hunts him every single day.  

“Chaebong” sana’s hand went to his arm, the warmth of her palm brought him back to reality “Are you okay?”

He nodded and smiled at her “trying”

“If you want to talk, I am here” she said as softly as she can.

“And I am glad that you are here”

He took a deep breath before patting her head “let me check on haru” he walked inside while she touched the place he patted… Was momo right? Is she liking him?

 

Haru’s temperature was becoming decreasing back to normal after of convinced him on taking the medicine. I walked to the kitchen to make a soup I used to prepare for jeno. Sana walked in and saw me struggling.

“What’ wrong?”

“I tried to turn on the stove but it’s not working”

She gasped “the gas cylinder is empty!”

“Oh!” I chuckled and rubbed my nape but she wasn’t as relaxed as I am.

“I DON’T HAVE MONEY TO BUY ONE!” she panicked… Oh god sana… “I want to make food for my sick brother but I can’t without the stove and he is hungry now what am I supposed to do? I only have few dollars and I didn’t get paid yet! We will starve I am such a bad big sister I can’t take care of him and-“

“SANA!” I yelled “take a breath, inhale… Exhale”

She compiled and haru came to join us along with momo “who wants pizza?”

“MEEE!” he yelled excitedly as he wasn’t sick last night. I ruffled his hair and carried him.

“Okay it’s on my treat! Let me order it!”

He hugged me tightly. Sometimes we need kids’ hugs more than they need ours.

I ordered pizza and other meals that are probably enough for six people. We sat on the floor with different kind of food in front of us.

“You ordered a lot” momo was looking at the pizza with lust. I chuckled at her cute actions.

“Yeah food is life” I shrugged as we started to devour the pizza and jokbal.

I almost died after eating a lot, I sat on the couch and freaked out when I saw sana jumpi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter