Nineteen

Two Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s POV

More than three hours passed and I was still waiting by the operation room I was sitting on the chair when my eyes caught haru who was about to fall asleep, I called him and he came and sat beside me, I warped my arm around his shoulders and made him rest his head on my chest where he fell asleep. I didn’t eat or drink anything since the morning and now it’s nearly noon I don’t have the appetite and I think I will lose it forever if sana didn’t come out alive.

A nurse came out of the room and I rushed to her “how is she?”

“Heart transplant involves different teams performing different tasks on the patient and the procedure can last for over 12 hours, so please wait we can't know anything now” she smiled humbly at me and rushed to another room.

I needed to breathe some fresh air so I left the hospital where I saw kyungsoo standing on the sidewalk with his usual mysterious outfits and vibes. I walked to him while staring into his eyes “she has to live, she has to make it”

“She won’t be yours if she made it”

“It will make me relieved if she is just alive” I stated “and what about you?”

“I will make her mine”

“Do you think she will love you easily?” I raged.

“You will leave her easily too so you should shut your mouth son chaeyoung or I will tell her everything!”

I clenched my fist and looked away “you started this chaeyoung so don’t act as the victim, when sana will come out alive from this hospital you have to break up with her in front of me… Understand?”

“I have a favor,” I said and forced my tears not to fall down “can I stay by her side until she come out of the hospital?”

He frowned his eyebrows and glared at me “I beg you… If I told her right away she will be broken and it will affect her health”

“For her health… Yes you can stay by her side but the day you will break up with her I will be watching you and hearing what you say”

I nodded and he walked away, leaving me alone on the sidewalk…

I went back to momo and her parents and they were crying… I almost fell on my knees but I had to be strong… Is my sana gone? Did the surgery failed even when there are elite of Korean and American doctors with her? Did God decided to punish my father by me?

“Momo?” I yelped “what’s wrong?”

“Chaeyoung” she hugged me and jeongyeon smiled at me and blinked, his expression comforted me.

“She made it” said momo while cupping my face “she is alive, she made it”

I didn’t know if the tears that fell are tears of joy or because of sadness because my days with her are countable now.

The doctors came out I was the first to reach them my eyes were red and swollen from crying so much in the last few hours “how is she? Is she fine and breathing?”

They nodded at me and smiled “the surgery has succeed and we are as happy as you” reo said and looked at mina “my daughter did a very good job and I wasn’t as proud as I am now”

I smiled at mina and the other doctors left to talk to momo’s parents, “Mina, thank you”

“It’s my job and my first heart transplant surgery” I laughed at her statement while staring at her eyes “why you cried so much?” she soft-spoken.

“I was worried and because of another thing” I smiled “what will happen now to sana? I mean after she wakes up”

“She will wake up in a special sterile room to ensure that she isn’t exposed to infection. Staff and visitors must take measures to make sure that they do not bring in bacteria and infections by scrubbing their hands and wearing protective masks and gowns-“

“I WON’T BE ABLE TO SEE HER?” I yelled at her a bit and she laughed.

“You can but for a short time and you need to wear a mask and a gown”

I sighed in relief “then? How much it will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter