Twenty-Two

Two Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Ramadan for my Muslim readers ^_^

Third person’s POV

5 years passed…

Chaeyoung turned around in his sleep, his arm rested on mina's body who is sleeping next to him in her favorite satin beige nightgown. This time it wasn’t a mistake, neither he nor she was drunk it’s a normal thing between married people. Their marriage rings shined in their fingers but it wasn’t exactly reflecting their daily life.

Chaeyoung groaned while nuzzling in mina’s nape before he got up “Mina” he said roughly “we are late”

She hummed, he sighed and looked at her perfect back with her long black hair all over her pillow…

He wore a suit while she was wearing a random t-shirt and jeans “we have to go to Japan after few days” he was fixing his necktie while looking at the mirror but she came and fixed it to him while he smiled warmly at her.

“Yes, my husband will do a packing case for his medicine?”

He cringed. In the last five years, all chaeyoung did was stay in the laboratory trying to find a medicine that reduces the symptoms pain for CAD (Coronary artery disease) he studied science and chemistry and spent days and night trying to find one.

The day he received the patent was his happiest day, mina took a big place through these five years not only as a wife but as an assistant and helper. The two got married four years ago after they became closer. Mina can’t deny the fact that she truly loves him now but she is not certain about his feelings toward her.

“Are you proud?” he smiled at her and she nodded.

“More than anyone”

He patted her head and kissed her forehead “let’s go now” she watched him leave toward the front door. There is always something cold and dead between them even though he buys her gifts, flowers, and food… This can’t hide the fact that she can feel how his heart and mind are always with someone else.

After a long day at work and meeting politicians that are congratulating them for his new achievement chaeyoung was driving his fancy expensive car with mina sitting next to him. The low sound of the radio was filling the awkward moment between the two. Mina will steal glances at him from time to time he was so oblivious to her soft stares.

The two arrived at their house and they sat in the living room, it’s amazing how their lives became boring and dry.

“Haha, sana look” he laughed as he saw a funny scene on TV, he realized what he said and looked at her “I am sorry” he apologized “I-“ he didn’t know what to say… It’s not the first time after all.

“You always call me with her name” she sighed and looked at him “do you know that sometimes you call her name when we are together in bed?”

He frowned and looked down in shame.

“What can I do more so you can love me chaeyoung?”

“I do I swear I do”

She chuckled “I wish I can believe you but she will always be between us”

“I am trying to erase her mina”

She stood up and smiled dryly at him “if this is real then you won’t star at your pictures with her almost every day… Good night chaeyoung”

He closed his eyes and sighed frustratingly before he got up and left the house. He went to their favorite restaurant… Even after five years their picture is still on the wall along with many other polaroid pictures.

Jeongyeon was sitting in front of him waiting for him to talk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter