One

Two Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person’s POV

The sun was bright today, chaeyoung was as always driving his yellow taxi car. Tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and humming to the old trot song someone requested on the radio station. He sighed while looking around searching for the next client when he found a girl holding her T ruler and a plan. She looked late and nervous.

“Going somewhere miss?” he yelled at her and she approached him with wide steps.

“Yes to Seoul University! But I only have five dollars are you-“

“GET IN!” he cut her off and smiled at her.

“Thank you!” he wasn’t fast enough to count how many times she thanked him “you are the only taxi driver that agreed I am so thankful”

“It’s because I don’t care about money” he said under his breath.

“Hm?”

“Nothing! I just saw that you are in a rush”

“Please can you drive faster? I am late!”

“Sure!” he shrugged his shoulders and pressed the gasoline pedal more.

She handed him the five dollars and hoped off the car, in a matter of one minute she disappeared from his sight. He looked at the counter and it showed 20$, he chuckled and was about to drive again when he noticed her small wallet on the car’s floor.

He grabbed it and open it.

“She didn’t lie” he smiled as he didn’t found money at all, he grabbed his wallet and put 100$ in it, he searched for her ID and found the university ID instead.

“Kwon Yuri, third year, art apartment” he read as he walked inside the university. Some guys and girls were looking at him with their eyebrow up or making fun of his messy appearance.

Wrinkled white T-shirt, the black pants almost lost it colors because it’s overused and washed.

‘What you all will do if you knew that I am wealthier than your families kids’ he thought while walking in the long crowded corridor ignoring their insulting stares. He gave the ID another look when he bumped into someone.

“OUCH!” the two of them groaned while rubbing their foreheads. He fixed his black cap that was hiding his small face.

“I am sorry, I was reading!” he said grabbing the books that fell from her on the floor and handed her them and looked at her. His lips parted as he saw her face closely.

“It’s okay I doze off too” she stated and smiled at him.

“Hm” he hummed and yelped.

“Oh this is yuri’s wallet!” she panicked.

“Yeah she forgot it in the taxi”

“Thank you! I will give it to her!” she hastily took it and walked away, he smiled as he watched her disappeared into the crowd.

Chaeyoung rushed to his taxi and grabbed his notebook and pencil. He ignored the old sketches he drew of an old lady or the couple kissing by Han River or the sad homeless kid he once helped. He quickly did a sketch of her face.

Her light brown eyes, her pointy nose and thin lips he drew her perfectly as he knew her for a decade when he only stared at her for a few seconds.

“She is so beautiful” he smiled and closed the notebook… He thought she is just a girl he met… But he didn’t know that there is a destiny between them.

He continued driving in town, it was almost three afternoon, the time where students leave their school. He frowned when he saw three boys bullying a short kid with glasses on. They were pinning him to the wall and searching into his back bag.

“Time to have fun” chaeyoung said under his breath, he wore his black cap and mask and walked to them.

“YA!” he yelled at them and they flinched “leave him alone”

“GO AWAY YOU ER!” one of the young boys yelled at him.

“I won’t, give him back his money or I will call the police” chaeyoung walked slowly to them “taking money from someone without his permission called stealing” he narrowed his eyes at the bullied kid “did you give them the money?”

“No”

Chaeyoung shrugged his shoulders, he faked call the police and the bullies went uneasy.

“Okay stop!” the taller one hollered, he shoved the money to the bullied boy and they ran away.

“Thank you, sir! I owe you a lot! I am saving money so I can buy a bicycle and if they took my money I won’t be able to offer it!” he fixed his glassed “why are you hiding sir?”

Chaeyoung didn’t reply, he reached into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter