021

It was supposed to be you, always.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was gone. Like gone gone and I was left to tend to my devices which wasn't a good thing at all because I hated not having any human contact. The house seem to laugh at me the way Wonho would.

"Would you stop making that face Lai!" Shin Ra scoffed, reaching for the cookies on the table. I had invited her to spend some time with me because really I simply couldn't handle an empty house.

"Don't know what you're talking about," I flat out denied, grabbing the remote and changing the channel. Boys over Flowers was giving me a serious second lead syndrome.

"Yaah!" Snatching the remote out of my hand she switched back to the classic drama.

One more minute of it and I would break the television or the head of who so ever wrote the stupid ending!

"ShiRa just switch it off, would you," failing to take the remote from her, I resorted to asking.

"Why?" She teased, "you can't take the romance? Already missing your man?"

The hell!

"He's not my man," I whispered, almost flinching at the words. He wasn't mine.

"Oh is it? But that kiss suggested something else entirely," her attention shifted and I reached for the remote, "had it not been for the poor ex, I am sure you two would have made out on national television!"

That was scandalous! We weren't that into it! We're we?

I wanted to deny it, deny it so bad but couldn't come up with a witty reply so I settled for a glare instead.

"Ooh someone is trying to scare me," she laughed, "but really Lai, tell me that you don't like him." She added in a serious tone, almost forgetting that I had switched off the t.v.

"ShiRa," I warned. 

"No really just tell me that you don't, that I am wrong about this."

How could I tell her what I wasn't sure of myself? I liked him yes but did I like him enough to accept it to my best friend because if I do, it would mean something and I didn't want it to unless I was sure, unless we both were.

"Why are we even talking about this?" I mused.

"Seriously?" She deadpanned, "are you kidding me right now?"

Switching the t.v on, I threw the remote on the table, "Go ahead, watch it and let me be." 

"Lai it's simply a yes or no. Why are you behaving like a teenager?" And then a knowing smile erupted on her face, "you totally like him!"

"Again, why are we even talking about this?" 

"Because my dear bestie you won't accept it until someone drills it in your head. That someone is me! Your very own best friend!"

"ShiRa it's not Iike this," I defended. Somewhere in the background Kim Hyung Joong was crying in the rain. it! I seriously hate this scene!

"Then what is it like?" She enquired, totally losing any interest in the drama.

"It's just something I was supposed to do for four months, that's it. We might've become friends along the way and yes I have come to care for him but that's that."

"He's been gone for five days now, right? For that promotion thing in Japan?"

"Yes?"

"And that's exactly the amount of time you've been behaving like a zoombie or a ticking bomb," she observed.

"I am on my periods!" That came out on its own.

"Do you even know how ridiculous that sounds. Now you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter