011

It was supposed to be you, always.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Laila's POV

 

I was watching television when the door opened softly and he came in. A brown overcoat walking away from me was all I could register by the time he reached his door. There was something off about the way he walked, almost briskly like he was in deep thought and on any other day I would've let him go but tonight I had things to say, even if he was dead tired, even if he would listen to me half heartedly, I still needed to get it off my chest.

"Hyungwon!" I was off the couch and behind him before he could open the door.

"Not now Miss," he seem defeated, like he was fighting some sort of war and lost everything he put on the line. It made me want to cuddle him and tell him that things will be fine, that it doesn't suit him, that I would rather have him smile sheepishly than look at his hunched back.

"Laila," I wanted to reach out to him but did I even have the right? "It's Laila, not 'Miss'," I told him.

"I am tired. Can I retire to bed for tonight?" He didn't even turn to look at me.

Like I said, any other day I would've let him go but not today. Reaching out and obviously crossing the line but I didn't care, he could yell at me if he wants, "Look at me, would you? What....?" Before I could finish what I was saying his face came into view. He didn't resist when I turned him by the arm. He just let me, like a paper doll.

The frown on his face was the first thing I noticed, and it looked so out of place and the other was the red smeared on his forehead. Either he had walked into something forehead first or someone has hit him, maliciously. It looked painful.

"Who did that?" I couldn't control the anger in my voice. Why would anybody hit him? As f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter