010

It was supposed to be you, always.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Laila's POV

 

I watched in amusement as Hyungwon walked around the kitchen looking like a confused kid who suddenly succumbed to unfamiliar surroundings. In that moment he looked more out of place than ever, like he was seeing the kitchen for the first time.

"You don't have to do this, really," I tried telling him before too but he insisted on making breakfast for us today since my arm wasn't really functional. I knew he was doing it because he felt guilty, because he thought that somehow it was his fault that I got hurt.

I wanted to tell him otherwise but didn't know where to start. It seem like he wasn't the talkative type or maybe he didn't want to have a conversation with me. Either way I felt bad for him. I mean it was my own decision, the poor guy didn't even know what was happening until he saw the blood.

"Hyungwon," I called. He turned to look at me but continued searching for a pan.

"I can cook eggs," he said finally finding the vessel and placing it on cooktop, "it seem easy enough."

Well it wasn't. Especially for someone who didn't know how to cook and one look at him and anybody can tell cooking was not his cup of tea.

I hope he doesn't burn the entire kitchen.

Thankfully nothing happened as he cooked the eggs with great care, as if he was performing an experiment. For that I was thankful. I was still too young to die.

The eggs looked okay when he set the plate infront of me, "They don't look bad," I complimented and his lips lifted up in a ghost of a smile. Secretly I wished to see him smile for me the way he did with his band mates. I knew it was childish but it felt like I wanted to have something because they had it. Maybe someday I will.

"Eat before it gets cold," he said handing me the chopsticks which I accepted with my left hand since the right one was currently wrapped in a bandage.

We looked at the chopsticks at the same time, probably thinking the same thing. I was right handed, how was I supposed to eat? With chopsticks no less.

"Hand me a spoon," I told him, putting the chopsticks down. I could eat it with spoon even with my left hand.

"Hmm," going back to the kitchen he brought a spoon.

"This might be a bit messy so don't mind me okay," i warned in advance.

"Do you....," I swear his ears turned red, "I mean if you........," and he seem to struggle for words, "if you want I can....."

Even though he didn't finish but I got the idea of what he was trying to say. He was telling me that he could feed me if I couldn't do it myself.

The thing was it would get awkward if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter