018

It was supposed to be you, always.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean by that?" Shin Ra demanded, her eyes furious.

"That's what I was told ShiRa, I don't have any idea either," I was dead tired. My eyes were refusing to stay open. It was a bad idea from the beggining.

"But how can she interview you guys, it's not fair!" I wasn't exactly listening to her at that point. My body was begging for me to lie down.

"It's not."

"Yaah!" She grabbed my shoulders and shook me hard, "are you even listening?"

"No," that managed to chase away some of the sleep.

"This girl! You shouldn't have requested the professor to have your presentation at 6 in the morning. And you had full on classes after that. How late were you up last night, preparing for it?"

"Till one," I told her, a yawn escaping my lips, "They told me to be in the studio by 3 p.m, if I didn't get the presentation preponed, I would have missed one of the two. So I had no other option."

"Just don't overwork yourself okay," It was good to know that she cared about me so much. So without warning I gave her a tight hug.

"I won't."

"Lai are you guys getting along? I mean is he still avoiding you?" She was my only friend in this country, she was the only one I could rely upon. And yes she was the one person I could never keep anything from. So she knew that I was only 'married' to him for four months(3 months more to be exact), she knew that I have come to care about him and she knew that he was avoiding me recently.

"He is," it was kind of heart breaking but I realized there was nothing I could do about it either.

"Have you talked to him?"

"I tried but he doesn't want to talk," I replied clutching the side of the seat. We decided to take a bus to the studio after she insisted on accompanying me. I didn't know the way to the studio either.

"Lai of course he doesn't want to talk. If you did something stupid which I am sure you did and he's hurt then why would he want to talk to you? If you really want to make up and restore your friendship with him then force him to talk, force him to listen. Sometimes you have to force yourself on others for their well being!"

She made sense. I mean I couldn't forever play this game of chase and run with him. I didn't want to. 

"And he's yours. Make sure to show her that because she will try to bring you down. Trust me on that."

"He's not mine," I said in a small voice.

"Well he is, for everyone watching out there. He's your husband, he's your responsibility," she insisted, "one slip and everybody will know you were lying."

We couldn't afford that.

'But what if he hates me for that,' that was the question I had been asking myself for days now because I had thought of forcing him into a confrontation numerous times. But I always backed out, thinking of what if he hates me after that.

But then again he wasn't exactly loving me right now either. At least it would be better to know what I was being hated for.

I decided to follow her advice.

 

"What do you mean you won't be filming till 5?" ShiRa demand, her face twisted with anger, "you think we are idiots to have come here so early!"

"I apologise Miss but it was Monsta X who said they have an event to attend today so Hyungwon sshi won't be here till four or five," the director explained.

"You didn't know of that?" A feminine voice asked, mock surprise laced in those words and I saw the owner of it come out from broadcasting room.

She wasn't exactly beautiful but there was a sort of charm around her that made me oogle for a bit and then I remembered how mocking her words were and stopped myself.

Even Shin Ra turned to look at me with a sour expression on her face. 

This won't be good.

"He didn't inform you about the change in schedule?" She asked again and I found myself disliking her already.

"Oppa's busy and so is she," Shin Ra defended, coming to stand by me.

It was clear she didn't believe us so she waved us off with a whatever and went away, the director in tow.

"Will you be okay Lai?" Shin Ra asked, worried, "she didn't say everything that was on her mind."

"Obviously," I muttered, too tired to do anything else. She was saving it up for later.

 

Shin Ra left after a while because she had a class in the evening and although she offered to ditch it and stay I managed to shoo her away, not wanting her to miss a class because of me.

Five minutes after she left my head and my eyelids got too heavy and I laid down on the sofa we were occupying. It wasn't very large but if I fold my legs, it could accommodate my length. Well that would have to do. I remember lying down but I don't remember falling asleep.

It was only when I felt something soft fall over my middle a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter