A Rose For You

RUN TO YOU | Seventeen

Author's note:
While reading this chapter, listen to MOVING (이사) by LEE ARAM. It's the perfect song for this. Hope you like it~ ♡

**

“I- wait, what?!”, I said a little too loudly.

 

“Your mother here…”, the principal gestured to my trainer, “… said that you want to transfer schools and unfortunately, today will be your last day with us.”

 

“I didn’t say that! I didn’t say anything about leaving!”, I frantically half-shouted.

 

“Soojin, you once told me you want to study abroad, right? We’re going now. We are going NOW, Soojin.”, my trainer firmly and sternly said.

 

“Every time you want me to switch schools, I didn’t say anything. Even if you don’t ask me if it’s fine with me, I agreed because I know it’s the right thing to do. But now, I want to stay here and it’s the only thing I’m going to ask of you… and you won’t let me?”, I stood up from my seat. At this point, the principal looks utterly lost.

 

“Kwon Soojin-ssi, SIT. DOWN.”, she addressed me formally now. You should’ve seen the confused look on the principal.

 

“No. No, I won’t let you. Tell my father, NO. This time, for the first time, it’s NO.”, I said before turning back and running outside.

 

“KWON SOOJIN! Get her!”, my trainer screamed. So the other people were bodyguards too. I should’ve known. Well, too late for that now.

 

I ran as fast as I can, faster than the day I played tag with my classmates. I pushed and shoved people and made my way to the greenhouse. I noticed the sky starting to dim. What happened to the sunny day I was appreciating earlier?

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu. I wished and prayed hard they would be at the greenhouse by now.

 

When I reached the greenhouse, I was panting heavily from running. I entered and expected to see an excited Mingyu and a beaming Wonwoo…

 

… but I saw no one.

 

I’d be lying if I say I’m not disappointed, but I know it’s their last exam. I looked at my watch and saw that they still have 10 minutes before they go out of their classroom. I could’ve waited outside their classroom, but I know the bodyguards are looking all over for me. They wouldn’t know this greenhouse.

 

I paced back and forth, thinking what I should do. Mingyu and Wonwoo would know what to do. They would know where to take me. They would know a place far away from here.

 

The rain started to pour. I nervously clasped and unclasped my hands. I’m feeling dizzy, I don’t know what to do. It’s about time my trainer and the bodyguards would find this greenhouse.

 

While pacing, my eyes fell on a pen and some post-its we left while studying. I immediately picked it up and thought what to write. Just in case, I thought. Just in case I’m not here by the time they arrive.

 

What to write?

 

I looked around for my favorite flower and picked it. It’s a light pink rose. Wonwoo would be quite upset if he knew I did this.

 

The rain is now falling heavily.

 

While I was thinking what to write, I heard someone call my name. For the first two seconds my heart jumped at the thought of my friends, but it’s not.

 

“Kwon Soojin-ssi!”, I heard my trainer.

 

I quickly locked the door to the greenhouse.

 

Quick, quick. What to write?

 

I couldn’t possibly write down everything I want to say in a small post-it.

 

“Ms. Kwon! Open up!”, my bodyguard pounded on the door.

I closed my eyes and drowned all the sounds. The sound of the rain, the sound of their voices, the sound of my heart. What do I really want to tell Mingyu and Wonwoo right at this moment?

 

I opened my eyes and quickly wrote down my message, and I placed the light pink rose beside it. I took one last look at the greenhouse, took a deep breath and opened the greenhouse’s door.

 

“Kwon Soojin-ssi, I-“, my trainer, holding an umbrella, started saying amidst the loud rain.

 

“No need to say anything. I understand. I’ll come with you. I don’t have any choice, do I?”, I said, looking at my trainer.

 

I looked at my watch. The 10 minutes are up. They should’ve been here by now. It’s raining, maybe that’s why they aren’t here yet.

 

My bodyguard started walking towards me and I held up a hand. “Please, let me walk alone. I will come with you. I won’t run away again. You have my word.”, I took the spare umbrella that my bodyguard is holding and opened it.

 

Drip, drip, drip.

 

Is the sky crying with me? It was sunny earlier.

 

I walked towards the car, accompanied by my father’s people, and took one last look at the school. I still couldn’t see Mingyu and Wonwoo. They should’ve heard the news by now, that I’m not around anymore, that I will be leaving. They would come running if they knew.

 

I got on the car. My trainer sat beside me, my bodyguard at the front with the driver.

 

“Let’s go.”, my trainer said.

 

I was looking at the car’s window at that moment. Even with the rain’s blur, I could’ve made out Mingyu’s tall form. Or two boys’ figures.

 

But I couldn’t see anyone.

I decided to give up. I tore my eyes away from the window and looked at the necklace I’m wearing.

 

I cried.

 

“We'll meet again, some sunny day.

I'll wait for you, come find me.”