Myeongdong

RUN TO YOU | Seventeen

- Soojin's POV -

In the afternoon, Wonwoo came into my office. "How are you?", he greeted.

"Oh. Hey.", I looked up. "Just reading some proposals. Why?"

"Are you free?", Wonwoo tucked his hands in his pockets. He wasn't wearing his coat and tie anymore and his shirt is rolled up.

"Well... I'm not busy. Why?", I noticed I asked this twice already.

"Can you come with me? I need to go buy some stuff for the trip... basically I need to go shopping. And I couldn't think of a better person to help me.", Wonwoo bashfully said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"And you thought of me?", I asked.

"Please?", he cooed.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Arasso."

When we went out of my office, I went over to Seungkwan's table. "I'll be out early. Don't wait for me. Finish your work then go home.", Seungkwan nodded. Somehow, I spoke loudly enough for Mingyu to hear, who's at the next table staring at us.

We took Wonwoo's car and he drived us to Myeongdong.

"A director should know how to dress himself. Especially if you're rich.", I started.

"I know the basics. But for other occasions, my clothes are picked out for me. This time, I want to pick out stuff for myself... I don't know, I just want to try.", he said while driving.

I noticed he drives the same way as Mingyu; one hand, the other resting on his lap. Except that Wonwoo's right-handed.

"Can I turn on some music?", he suddenly asked me. I looked at him and answered, "It's your car. Do whatever you want." This is quite familiar to the last time Mingyu drove my car.

Wonwoo some music and a ballad poured out of the speakers. We stayed silent but after a while, Wonwoo started singing lowly. I didn't say anything and just sat back and listened.

When we arrived at Myeongdong, we stopped at a men's suit store. When we entered the store, I said to Wonwoo, "I thought we're going to buy clothes for the trip."

"I'm just going to pick up some suits. Surprisingly, I'm running out of them.", he said while smiling.

The staff welcomed him and obviously, they all gushed over him. I wandered around while he is doing his business and I overheard one of the staff say, "Is that your girlfriend, Sir Jeon?"

I turned my back and pretended to admire a coat. Wonwoo laughed and answered, "Ani, what makes you say that?"

"Well... she's the first lady I saw you bring here.", the staff said.

"Wouldn't it be nice if you had me as your girlfriend instead?", another staff said flirtingly and the others laughed. Yep, I'm not buying from this store.

I turned and walked towards Wonwoo who's clearly looking down to ease his embarassment.

"Wonwoo-ya, are you finished?", I cooed and clung to his arm.

Flustered, Wonwoo looked at me and I tugged at his arm. "Kaja."

When we passed by a display, I said to the staff, "Green doesn't go with brown." I pointed at their mannequin who's wearing a hideous combination of brown shirt and green necktie. Seriously?

I smiled to myself and dragged Wonwoo with me. When we got into his car, he laughed and asked, "Mwoya, what was that all about?"

"Shouldn't you say 'thank you'? I basically saved you. How long have they been harassing you?", I asked while laughing too.

"Ever since I started buying from them. And that was years ago.", Wonwoo confessed.

"Aigoo. I know a lot of other stores, don't go back there again.", I said.

Wonwoo was still laughing. "Arasso, now let's start the real trip shopping."

We went to a couple of stores and we bought some stuff for the trip. Since we cannot take the car around, we walked to the rest of the stores. We talked about his time in London while going around and I discovered he had a hard time adjusting there. He also said that he wasn't planning on entering this career, but he had no choice and he was good at it, so might as well do it.

"What are you going to wear for the trip?", I asked out of curiousity, as all he bought are business clothes, no trace of laid-back, casual clothes there.

"Uh, I'm not sure yet. Maybe a shirt and jeans?", he looked at me cautiously.

 

I stared at him incredulously. "This won't do. No one in my team dresses badly.", I said as I led him towards a store.

"I'm not on your team.", Wonwoo defended while being dragged.

"You are now.", I said.

We entered a store and a staff approached us immediately. "Hello, how can I help you?"

"Clothes for him please.", I gestured to Wonwoo who's looking at me, clearly surprised. "Show me your summer collection.", I ordered.

The staff led us to racks of clothes that fit the season. I scanned through them and picked one after the other. When I was finished, the staff who's struggling a bit with the clothes, asked, "What size would you like these to be in?"

I realized the store wasn't as posh as the previous one so they don't take personal measurements. I hate going back and forth in dressing rooms because of sizes, so I faced Wonwoo and started measuring him.

"Hold up your arms.", I said.

"M-mwo?", Wonwoo stuttered.

I motioned for him to raise his arms and when he did, I stepped closer in front of him. I placed my hands on his shoulders and ran the length down to his arm slowly. Then I held his shirt at the sides to see how wide it is from his body. Suddenly, I could feel Wonwoo's gaze on my face. My cheeks feel hot, so I quickly faced the staff.

"For the shirts, small. For the button-up shirts, medium.", I said. The staff nodded and disappeared into the back.

I could still feel Wonwoo staring at me so I pretended to continue browsing through the clothes. "I pick out clothes for models in our projects sometimes. This was a trick I learned.", I explained.

I turned around to see Wonwoo smiling and nodding.

He started fitting and all looked good on him so he bought everything. I also added some lounge pants.

He drove me home and when I was about to get off, he asked me, "Would you like me to pick you up tomorrow?"

"Why?", I asked.

"Well, seeing that you went with me today, you left your car in the office. How would you go to work?", Wonwoo said.

"I'll take the bus. I don't mind, it's only for tomorrow.", I replied. I opened the door and stepped out. "Thank you for today, Soojin.", Wonwoo exclaimed.

I nodded and closed the car door. I watched him drive away before going up to my apartment.

The next morning, I was walking in my apartment's lobby and about to go to work when someone called my name. "Ms. Kwon!", it's the lady at the front desk.

I turned around and the lady scurried over to me. "Someone left this last night and told me to give it to you in the morning. He didn't say who he is, I apologize.", the lady bowed.

"It's okay. Thank you.", I said as the lady walked away.

When I opened the small paperbag, I was shocked to see my car keys. I became more surprised when I read the note that came with it.


Drive safely.

- M