Remember Me

RUN TO YOU | Seventeen

- Soojin's POV -

"...my son, Director Jeon Wonwoo."

There were a few gasps and whispers, followed by some clapping.

My smile disappeared from my face. Did I hear that right?

A man, dressed in a brown suit, entered the hall smiling and walked towards the center. He shook hands with the chairman and the vice president patted him on the shoulder.

All this time I didn't realize I had my mouth open. I don't believe it. This must be a dream. Why do they keep appearing infront of me?

Wonwoo bowed and said, "I'm Jeon Wonwoo, nephew of Chairman Jeon Myungseok and son of Vice President Jeon Heonwoo, the new director of J Corporation. Please take care of me and look at me positively from now on."

Everyone clapped again, but I can't bring myself to do it. I think my emotions might be broken, I'm too overwhelmed to actually feel anything at all. I can't even move from my spot where I'm standing.

"I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Enjoy the rest of the party, thank you.", he bowed again.

It must be from fatigue and the sudden emotions, I didn't realize I was slightly swaying because at that moment, someone caught me.

"Soojin-ah."

I looked up and saw Mingyu holding on to my arm with a worried look on his face.

"Mingyu...", I tried talking but my throat is dry.

"I know.", Mingyu nodded then helped me sit down on one of the chairs.

The singer whom we invited, 4MEN, came up to the stage and said, "Annyeonghaseyo. For our first song, if you can find a partner, we invite you to slow dance."

They started singing Remember Me and that got everyone's attention. Slowly, pairs have started to slow dance on the dance floor. I didn't notice Seungkwan beside me, "Kwon bujang! Are you okay?"

"Oh? Ne! Ne... Uhm...", I stood up and started walking. "I'll just go outside.", I left Mingyu and Seungkwan.

Before I reach the doors, a familiar voice softly called me.

"Kwon Soojin."

I immediately stopped and internally cursed the door for being so far. I turned.

Wonwoo is standing infront of me.

"It's been a long time.", he smiled.

I don't know what to do or say so I just stared at him. He must feel awkward because I didn't answer, but he asked, "Would you like to dance?", and he offered his hand.

I would flat out decline, but I saw Seungkwan mouthing Go! Go! and Mingyu... he was just staring. I didn't know how to read his face.

Slowly people are turning their attention on us both and I hate it so I just took his hand and he led me onto the dance floor.

While we danced, Wonwoo said, "You must be very shocked. I'm sorry for that... You look beautiful.", he added.

"Director Jeon, you shouldn't be like this.", I started. "Did you know?", I asked. "Did you know all along that I'm here?"

"Ani. We were talking about a party and they suggested you. They said you were the best. I was very surprised too. So I decided to keep it a secret.", he said.

Why is his voice so low?

"I'm happy. I finally found you, here, out of all places, unexpectedly.", Wonwoo looked at me. "What happened, Soojin?"

It was too much for me. I took a step back and bowed. "Excuse me, sorry.", I quickly walked away towards the bathroom.

I'm feeling very hot so I washed my hands. Does Wonwoo know that Mingyu is here too? Did Mingyu know all along that it's Wonwoo? But I remember what Mingyu said on the day of his interview; that he lost contact with Wonwoo too. What happened?

At that moment, the other team leader in our department, Jung Soyoung, entered the bathroom.

"Woah... Kwon Soojin. You really are something, aren't you?", she stood infront of me and crossed her arms.

I stood up straight and looked at her through the mirror. "What do you want Soyoung?", Not now, .

"Well... it hasn't been an hour, yet you already grabbed the attention of the new director. What is this, did you put something in his drink?", she laughed mockingly. "Almost everyone is talking about you, the new director and the party you organized... Something is strange...", she added.

 

Alright, I'm having none of this.

I picked up my purse and faced her. "At least they are talking about me, the new director and the party I organized.", I made my way behind her back towards the door. "How about you? When will they talk about you and your projects? Tsk.", I sighed and went out of the bathroom.

"Ya Kwon Soojin!", I heard her shout from inside.

While walking, I saw Mingyu walking towards me. "Soojin... Go siljang is looking for us. He will introduce us to the Jeons."

I pulled his arm. "Kim gwajang, tell me the truth. Did you know all of this?", I demanded.

"Soojin-ah, I'm as shocked as you are. I didn't know.", there's something in his eyes that tell me he's telling the truth.

Now I'm more curious as to what happened to these two.

I saw that our department head, the chairman, the vice president and Wonwoo are standing in a huddle along with Seungkwan.

"Ah! Here they come!", my ever-so-enthusiastic department head said.

One by one, they turned. I was looking at Wonwoo and when he turned, he was smiling but it was replaced by shock when he saw Mingyu, who was walking beside me.

"Kim Mingyu?!", Wonwoo blurted out.

"Jeon Wonwoo... Director Jeon Wonwoo.", Mingyu smiled and they shook hands and hugged.

"Ya! Woah... So you're here!", Wonwoo said.

Mingyu just smiled and we looked at everyone's surprised faces.

The vice president asked, "You two know each other?"

"Ne! We were best friends when we were in school.", Wonwoo happily said while they have their arms over each other.

"This turned out well.", the chairman nodded and laughed.

"Ah! Ne... I want to introduce to you the best team leader J Corp. has, Kwon Soojin bujang, and her two managers, Boo Seungkwan gwajang and Kim Mingyu gwajang.", our department head said.

We all bowed and the vice president said, "Thank you again for the party."

"Aniyo. It was our pleasure.", I politely said.

"I see that J Corp is in good hands with you on board.", the chairman gestured to the three of us. "Especially with Wonwoo here, I think I might have to retire soon.", he said which earned laughs from us.

"Ah hwejangnim! Aniyo... why are you like this...", Wonwoo said.

"Then, we'll leave you now, we have more guests to meet.", the vice president said and we bowed again.

"Seungkwan, call me a chauffeur, I'll go home already. I'll leave you in charge.", I removed my in-ear and handed it to him.

"Ne, bujangnim.", Seungkwan said and he scurried away.

"Wait, don't go home yet.", I turned around and saw Wonwoo and Mingyu still standing.

"Let's eat something after the party? Or coffee... or drinks? It's been a long time for the three of us.", Wonwoo said.

I looked at him then at Mingyu. He smiled, so I guess he was go for it. I sighed and said, "Kim gwajang, message me the address."

"I'll just go home and change, I'll be there.", I said to Wonwoo.

Who said the night is over?! Clearly it has just started.