Whispers

RUN TO YOU | Seventeen

- Mingyu's POV -

The next days were spent preparing for the launching party. Every single one of us was busy; on our phones, typing and clicking away on our computers, filing endless papers and such.

Soojin's office is the busiest. Me and Seungkwan have been going in and out a lot lately because talking to her through our direct line doesn't do any justice.

Seungkwan and I are inside her office again, getting her approvals for stuff.

"... and also, I have the final list of the singers who don't have schedules on that day, so they're just awaiting our confirmation.", Seungkwan handed out a paper to Soojin.

"If they don't have schedules then they aren't that popular, are they?", Soojin said while signing, not looking at Seungkwan. She raised an eyebrow at him then she took the paper anyway. "But since we are looking for ballad singers in general, then this will do."

Soojin checked some names and handed it back to Seungkwan. "Get them. Make sure they 100% confirm for that day. We don't want missing performers."

"Got it, bujangnim.", Seungkwan exited the office.

After the door closed I said, "Here are the restaurants and buffets with their menus that would fit the party.", I handed her the paper, "I also put in one of ours in Gangnam."

Soojin scanned my list and nodded, "I'll go to these restaurants after I'm done with some work.", she put down the paper but I snatched it back.

"What-", Soojin blurted.

"I'll come with you.", I looked at her in the eyes. I want to come with you Soojin-ah.

She stood up, placed both of her hands on her desk and looked back at me. "I'm sure I can handle this on my own. You still have a lot of work to do here, Kim gwajang."

I stepped closer to her. "But I'm done with my work?", I teasingly raised an eyebrow. "And I'm going there anyway."

"I don't need you.", she moved her face closer to mine and whispered. How can she look at me with a straight face while this close?

I fought the urge to move away, I'm not going to let her win this time. Wtf, stop looking at her lips!

I inched closer and I saw that she blinked. Ha, she did not expect this. "I think you need me, you just don't know it yet... Soojin.", I ily whispered her name near her ear. Get a hold of yourself, Mingyu!

She pulled away and looked at me with shocked eyes. I stared back at her. Giving up, she let out a sigh and picked up her purse and phone.

While wearing her coat she said, "We're taking my car.", and went out of her office.

I smiled and got her car keys from her desk. Oh, Soojin. You make me do crazy things.