A Trip for the Team

RUN TO YOU | Seventeen

- Soojin's POV -

Seungkwan came into my office just as I was heading out for lunch. "Bujangnim, the department head wants to see you in his office."

"Now?", I said as I put down my coat and purse. "It's lunchtime. What does he want this time?"

"He didn't say, but he wants you to bring along Jung bujang.", Seungkwan answered.

"Heol... I was not informed that I'm Soyoung's babysitter now.", I muttered as I went out and walked over to Soyoung who was about to go out herself.

"Jung bujang." I called out when I caught up to her. "Go siljang wants to see us."

"Mwo? Are you kidding me? It's lunchtime.", she said incredulously.

"Do you think I would waste five minutes telling this to you if this was a joke?", I replied as I entered the elevator. "You coming?", I asked as I was pressing the open button. Soyoung's face turned sour but went in the elevator anyway.

When we entered his office, Wonwoo and the other director, Director Yoo is inside along with the department head. Wonwoo smiled at me, but I bowed instead.

"I'm sorry to call you during lunchtime, but I just want to deliver the news quickly. I was excited.", the department head said. "We will be having a 2 nights-3 days trip, with our two directors here, me and the rest of the teams.", he said.

"Mwo?!", Soyoung blurted. Oh my God, same Soyoung, same.

"Honestly, it was Wonwoo's idea. But when I found out about it, it isn't so bad, is it? It will be a good chance for the teams to bond and for us to get to know you more.", Director Yoo said while looking at me.

I'm not unfazed by him and I stared back. Wonwoo cleared his throat and added, "We will give you a few days to prepare. Don't worry, the venue will be taken care of and we will give the details to you within the day."

"As for the transportation, well you can bring your own cars, but I recommend carpooling since we aim to build bonds after all.", the department head excitingly said.

I grunted. Trips to do not excite me.

"After lunch, you can meet your teams and discuss this with a director.", he added.

"I'll go with Kwon bujang.", Wonwoo said with a smile. I quickly looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Then that leaves me with Jung bujang.", Director Yoo smiled at Soyoung, who smiled back and fluttered her lashes, much to my disgust.

"Then it's settled then. I won't keep you here, go have your lunch.", the department head said.

As we all filed out of the office going our own ways, Wonwoo caught up to me. "Hey, Soojin.", he started.

I turned around and he asked, "Would you like to have lunch with me?"

I was befuddled by his question but I immediately declined. "Sorry Wonwoo, I really don't eat with other people. But thank you for the offer.", I answered and I walked away.

After lunch, once I received the trip details, I called for a meeting with my whole team. Wonwoo arrived shortly after. When all 10 people and Wonwoo are settled down, I began.

"There's no point beating around the bush, so I'll go straight to it.", I said. I braced for the impact. "We're going on a trip."

It's like someone the noise. Everyone was suddenly talking; Seungkwan was cheering, the girls are asking what to wear and Mingyu is thinking aloud what to bring. I let them to it for a full minute and then I cleared my throat. Everyone fell silent.

"You must be wondering why Director Jeon is here with us. It's because he's coming with us, along with Director Yoo and Go siljang.", a few grunted and I couldn't help but smirk.

"The venue has been taken care of, so we just need to assign people for the food and logistics. Also, you can bring your cars.", I explained.

"But we recommend carpooling.", Wonwoo finished. I purposely left out that piece of information.

"Bujangnim, my car can't travel far distances. I'll have it fixed next week, but I'm not going to get it immediately. Can I ride with you?", Seungkwan pouted. Who can say no?

"Arasso. Don't bring too much luggage, more than mine. Or else...", I threatened. Seungkwan laughed and bowed, "Ne bujangnim..."

 

"I'll ride with you too.", Wonwoo said.

I stared at him. "You have a car."

"I'll also ride with you! It will be fun!", Mingyu looked from Seungkwan to Wonwoo, seeking approval.

"You also have a car.", I answered Mingyu.

"Bujangnim, just say yes! It will be fun, plus we can save on fuel and save Mother Earth!", Seungkwan said while looking at the ceiling. Everyone cheered and urged me to say yes. The others said they will be carpooling too, so I'm left with no choice.

I sighed deeply and said, "Arasso. But! My car, my rules."

I assigned Mingyu for the food, as usual, along with four others. I noticed that Mingyu is good with this. As for logistics and other things needed for the trip, Seungkwan is the best, assisted by four more team members.

Let's get this trip over with. But why am I a bit excited?