Chapter 9

A Vampire's Story

Mark and Taeyang were only around for a few hours before they left like promised. Chani was left to himself once again, wondering what to do next. He mostly kept to himself, wondering what he was going to do with this wolf pack that had basically invaded their territory.

Myungsoo walked over to where Chani was as Chani stared off into space as he leaned against a tree. "Chani," said Myungsoo. Chani turned to Myungsoo. "What's up?" He asked. "Do you want to go hunting?" Asked Myungsoo. "Ah, sure," said Chani. "Let's go then," he said, before running off, with Myungsoo following after him.

As they stalked after a herd of deer Chani was aware of another presence along side them and figured it was their pup. He ignored the situation for a bit, though Myungsoo was tenser than usual.

"They really need to back off," grumbled Myungsoo as Chani came to a stop by a river. "Yeah well," grumbled Chani as he sighed. "It seems we need to go farther north to even get somewhere that has more prey," he said. "I'd hate to leave the area, I was beginning to like the cabin," said Myungsoo. "Can always go back to Washington State," said Chani as he shrugged. "And not have a home? Yeah I prefer here," he said. Chani snorts before catching the scent of blood in the air.

"Is that human blood?" Asked Chani as he turned to Myungsoo. "No," said Myungsoo. "That's animal blood," he said. "I still don't know how you can tell the difference," said Chani as he went after the scent. "I've hunted humans for most of my life, I think I'd know the difference by now," said Myungsoo as he followed after Chani.

They came upon Jeno attacking Jaemin, with Jaemin struggling to fight back as two other wolves held him down. A hiss nearly escaped Chani but he forced himself to stop, his eyes turning black from anger. Myungsoo was frozen in shock as he blinked, trying to process what was happening.

"Hey mutts," spat Chani, small growls making their way through him as he glared at Jeno. "Leave my pup be," he snarled, sprinting forward and throwing the two wolves off of Jaemin before standing in front of him. "What kind of pack leader are you to do this to him?" He spat. Myungsoo quickly sprung into action as he moved to stand beside Chani.

Jeno smirked as he put up his illusion. "Fell right into our trap," he said. "Come out!" He called. "Oi, this is who you called us out for?" Asked Chan as he walked into view with Changbin and Woojin. "Ah, hey Chan, Woojin, Changbin," said Chani as he chuckled some, relaxing. "What the hell did you get yourself into this time?" Asked Chan. "It's complicated," said Chani as he chuckled some.

"Well," said Chani as he turned to Jeno. "If you didn't believe us before, now you might as well," he said. "They can't hunt us down because we proved that we do no harm," he said. "Every vampire hunter is aware of this list," said Chan as he sighed. "Wasted our time then," he said.

"Should've contacted us first," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head before turning to Jaemin and checking on him. "Pup," he said softly, putting a hand on his cheek. "Sorry it took a bit," he said, shaking his head. "Can you put up your illusion for me? I'll carry you home on my back," he said. Chani took off his jean jacket as Jaemin put up his illusion, draping it across Jaemin's back before turning around.

Chani felt Jaemin climb onto his back before standing, adjusting Jaemin on his back before turning to Chan. "If you want to stop by go for it, I'll make sure to let Sungjong and Sungyeol know," he said. Chan nodded. "Going to continue hunting?" Asked Chani as he turned to Myungsoo. "Yeah, I'll bring something for you too," said Myungsoo. Chani nodded and turned to Jeno. "You guys are worse than trash you know," he spat, adjusting Jaemin on his back again before starting the journey home. Jaemin whimpered as he buried his face into Chani's back.

"Sungyeol," called Chani once they were home. "Get the first aid kit," he called as he managed to open the backdoor and get inside with Jaemin pushing the screen door open wide enough for them to get inside. Sungyeol came into the kitchen, spotting Chani and Jaemin before rushing to get the first aid kit as Chani took Jaemin to the bathroom.

Chani set Jaemin down in the bathtub, taking the jacket off him. "Pup," he said. "Can you put up the illusion with no clothes? I just need to check your wounds," he said. "T-Turn around," mumbled Jaemin. Chani did so, turning around when Jaemin said it was okay to. A snarl bubbled its way to the surface as he spotted old bruises and fresh ones covering Jaemin's body. Sungyeol came into the bathroom with the first aid kit. "I'll take care of him, go cool off," he said. Chani took a deep breath and nodded.

"Oh, Chan and them are on their way here, don't be alarmed when you see them," he said before leaving the bathroom and going to change clothes. He threw his blood stained clothes into the washer before rushing out the door to find something to hunt before Myungsoo came back to the house.

When Myungsoo came back to the house Sungjong was already there with Chan and the others. He immediately went to see how Jaemin was doing. Chani was still out hunting, venting his anger and trying not to unleash his wrath on Jaemin's pack.

"Pup," said Myungsoo as he leaned down in front of Jaemin who was now lying in Chani's bed in wolf form. "Chani's still out hunting but," he said, sighing a bit. "You're okay now, okay?" He asked. Jaemin nodded. Myungsoo smiled softly and pet him before getting up and leaving the room.

"Hello Chan," he said. "Hey," said Chan as he scratched the back of his head. "I put out word about Jeno and his pack, hopefully you won't be bothered by vampire hunters after this," he said. "Thanks," said Myungsoo. "Sorry about having to come all the way here," he said. "It's alright, I had my suspicion but," Chan said, sighing a bit.

"Do you mind if we stay a few days? Changbin and Woojin want to rest a bit before we head back," he said. "Sure," said Myungsoo. "I think it'd be best for Jaemin to be around those of his kind," he said. "Well, at least those who aren't trying to kill him," he added. Chan nodded.