Chapter 14

A Vampire's Story

Before Sunggyu, Cory and Jisung arrived came a surprise visit from Dongwoo. "Well, this is a surprise," said Chani as he came outside with Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong crowding at the door behind him. "Hey there kid," said Dongwoo as he grinned.

"Got a break from running?" Asked Chani. "Well, it was Woohyun anyway," said Dongwoo as he shrugged. "I got home free after getting contacted by Jaehyun about it," he said. "I assume he tried to seek shelter here with you before ya'll kicked him out," he said. "Yeah," said Chani.

"It's been a while Dongwoo," said Myungsoo as he finally got out the door, going to stand beside Chani. "Ah, it has," said Dongwoo. "I see Chani became leader," he said. "Yes," said Chani. "Woohyun had it coming to him to be honest," he said.

"So you're home free?" Asked Myungsoo. "For now," said Dongwoo. "They said I'd find you here and that if you let me in then I'd be fine here," he said. Chani tilted his head to the side. "Well," he said. "That's up to our resident pups at this point," he said. Jaemin and Renjun walk up to stand behind Dongwoo as Dongwoo turned around.

"Besides," said Chani. "See this?" He asked, holding up his phone showing a text he had gotten from Daniel. "You've been led here," he said. Dongwoo turned to Chani. "I'm not the victim here," he said. "Says the one who decided it was okay to take a wolf from his pack and then proceeds to torture him," spat Chani.

"I wasn't the one who did this!" Said Dongwoo. "Woohyun set me up for this," he spat. "Explain this to me then," said Chani as he put his phone in his pocket before crossing his arms. "If Woohyun had been the one to do it why did you run first?" He asked. "From what I've gathered from everyone you ran first then Woohyun followed suit," he said.

"Ah, this isn't even the time," he said, shaking his head. "Come on out Taeseon," he called. Taeseon came out from the side of the house with Hayoung and Jihun. "Ah, thanks," said Taeseon as he put his hands in his pockets. "He's been on the run for weeks now, took us a bit to get to him," he said. "Got nowhere to run now," said Chani as he shrugged.

"Told you he'd be here," said Myungsoo as he shook his head. Sungyeol and Sungjong came outside, shaking their heads. "Karma's come for you, might as well accept this," said Sungyeol. "Oh hell no," spat Dongwoo before he sped off. "Not happening," said Chani as he sprinted after Dongwoo. "He'll be back," said Myungsoo. "I'm not worried about that," said Taeseon.

Chani was only a fraction of a second slower than Dongwoo but he had to focus on where he was leading Dongwoo because well, Taeseon and his team weren't there to hunt Dongwoo. They had been asked to help when it got assigned to another team.

Jaehwan's large wolf form hopped in front of Dongwoo, effectively stopping him as Dongwoo skidded to a stop. Jihoon and Seongwoo came into view, baring their teeth in smirks. "Sorry Dongwoo-hyung," said Chani as he kept his expression blank. Zuho came into view, tilting his head to the side. "Man you're hard to track down," he said. "This was easy," said Chani. "Lead him into a false sense of security," he said, nodding to Jaehwan. "Do what you want with him," he said, before turning away and heading back.

"Man, that is stressful," said Zuho as he caught up to Chani. Chani hummed in response. "By the way," he said, turning to Zuho with a grin. "Thanks for finally redyeing your hair to something other than bright red," he said. "Come on now," Zuho said with a sigh. "Jaehwan finally had enough and threatened to burn all my clothes," he said. Chani laughs. "Always the fashionista," he said.

They reached the house after a few minutes, where the others were waiting. "Welcome back guys," said Myungsoo. "It worked then?" Asked Taeseon. "Yes," said Chani. "Well thank god," said Hayoung. "We had to give it to a more experienced team because he was hard to track," he said. "Well, you are human," said Chani. "And still new," he added. "Once you get used to hunting it gets easier," he said.

"You act like you've hunted vampires before," said Taeseon. "You have to remember I'm a vampire," said Chani as he shrugged. "I think hunting is about the same in a sense," he said. Jaehwan and the others made their way over after getting what they needed from Dongwoo, their large wolf forms causing Jaemin to go towards Chani.

"Oi, really now? Couldn't come in human form?" Asked Chani. "Sorry, we're leaving after this," said Zuho. "Need a ride back?" He asked Taeseon. "Nah," said Taeseon. "We'll be heading to the airport to get a ride home," he said. "Good luck to you then," said Zuho. "Yeah, you too," said Taeseon as Sungyeol took them to the airport.

"Wish we could stay a bit longer but," said Zuho as he turned to Chani. "Duties call, we just got our lists so," he said. Chani sighed. "Obligations," he said, nodding. "I get it," he said. "Sorry," said Zuho. "See you around then," he said before leaving with Jaehwan, Seongwoo and Jihoon.

"What were those guys?" Asked Jaemin. "Those are what we call 'shifters," said Chani. "Just a tiny bit different from werewolves," he said, shrugging. "They're just giant fluffballs, don't mind them," said Myungsoo. "Well, do you want food?" Asked Chani as he turned to Jaemin. "Not at the moment no," said Jaemin as he scratched the back of his head. "I'm not hungry either, but," Renjun said, shrugging.

They soon saw a jeep pull into the driveway. "Oh, it's you guys," said Chani as Sunggyu got out after Cory parked the jeep. Jisung got out after Sunggyu moved the seat forward. "Hey kiddo," said Sunggyu as he grinned. "You just missed Dongwoo," said Myungsoo. "Hello Jisung," said Jaemin. "Hey there," Jisung said with a grin.

"Man, that would've been a fun chase," said Cory as he chuckled some. "Delving into vampire hunting?" Asked Chani as everyone went inside. "Nah, but we got the text from Zuho," said Cory. Chani chuckled some.