Epilogue

A Vampire's Story

Chani headed to the states with his brother, Cory, Jisung and Jaemin with the intention of finally locating Jaemin's family. "We didn't need to do this you know," said Jaemin. "I feel like we need to, especially now that Renjun went back to France with Chan," said Chani. "You need your closure about this," he said.

"Chani," said Sunggyu as he looked in the rear view mirror. "We won't be able to turn back without them questioning it, we just left Canada's borders," he said. "Then we go on," said Jaemin. "I do want to see Jungwoo again," he said. "Where are we going?" Asked Cory from his spot in the passenger seat. "Detroit," said Chani. "Got it," said Sunggyu as he started to drive towards Michigan.

"I think we're going to your brother's place," said Chani once they were in Detroit, being dropped off at a Starbucks before Sunggyu drove off, leaving them in front of the store. "Eh?" Asked Jaemin as he looked over his shoulder and at the information on the phone. "Oh, it seems so," he said. "I wonder what happened to my parents," he mumbled.

"Well, let's call him and see if he picks up," said Chani as he headed into the Starbucks with Jaemin. He sat at a table and let Jaemin get a pastry before deciding to call Jungwoo, putting it on speaker.

"Hello?" Came Jungwoo's voice. "Is this Jungwoo?" Asked Chani. "Yes, who's asking?" Asked Jungwoo. "It's Jaemin," said Jaemin. There was silence on the line for a few minutes.

"Jae? Is that really you?" Asked Jungwoo. "Yes," said Jaemin. "Where are you?" Asked Jungwoo. "I'm at a Starbucks, Chani can give you the location," said Jaemin. "I'll see you in a few minutes then," said Jungwoo before he hung up. Chani looked at Jaemin with a tilt of his head before going outside to see what the address was and sending it to Jungwoo before going inside.

"I haven't heard my brother's voice in years," mumbled Jaemin. "Well, now you get to see him," said Chani as he smiled some. "Yeah, I guess," said Jaemin as he grinned before eating his pastry.

Someone entered the Starbucks in quite a hurry, slightly out of breath as he looked around. "Jungwoo?" Called Jaemin. Jungwoo turned towards the voice. "Jae!" Said Jungwoo as he ran over. Jaemin got up and hugged him. "I'm sorry it took so long to get back home," he said. "It's alright, you're back now," said Jungwoo as he pulled away.

Chani just stood there awkwardly, wondering what to do. "Oh," said Jungwoo as he noticed Chani. "Who's this?" He asked. "Chani this is my older brother Jungwoo, Jungwoo this is Chani, my er, boyfriend," said Jaemin as he scratched the back of his head.

Jungwoo looked him up and down, his head tilting to the side slightly. Chani stared Jungwoo down, not backing down from his intense gaze. "Well," said Jungwoo as he broke eye contact first. "No one has stood so defiantly in an alpha's presence before," he said, chuckling some. "You're talking to a leader yourself," said Chani as he grinned. "I see," said Jungwoo as he chuckled. "Well, let's go home," he said. "I don't have a car but we're in walking distance," he said. Chani and Jaemin nod before following Jungwoo home.

"So what are you exactly?" Asked Jungwoo once they were home. "I'm a vampire," said Chani as he shrugged. "Don't even ask about hunters because I'm on a list of vampires that don't need to be hunted," he said. "No judgement there," said Jungwoo. "As long as my brother is happy," he said. "We've had our ups and downs but," said Chani as he shrugged. "We've stuck together since I've rescued him," he said. "Care to explain?" Asked Jungwoo. Jaemin let out a sigh and explained what had happened.

"What?" Asked Jungwoo as he growled. "Jeno is an idiot," he spat. "I don't know what our parents were thinking, kicking you out because of what you are," he said. "Where are they anyway?" Asked Jaemin. "Not here anymore," said Jungwoo. "Once you left they rejoiced," he said. "Don't tell me they were against him being gay too?" Asked Chani. "Unfortunately," said Jungwoo. "It's why I left really," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Well, you got out of there at least," said Chani. "Mm," said Jungwoo.

Chani got to know Jungwoo while they were in Detroit, as Jungwoo got to know Chani. Jaemin was happy that they at least got along, wanting nothing more than his older brother's approval for Chani.

 

~



They were there for a few months now, and Chani was starting to get messages about needing to go back to Toronto. They managed to convince Sungyeol to come get them, once Jungwoo said it was okay to.

"You're okay for a blood er," said Jungwoo as he joined Chani on the balcony of his apartment. "I get that a lot," said Chani as he laughs. "Though my brother is a lot more different from me," he said. "I approve," said Jungwoo as he looked down at the street. "Oh, thanks," said Chani as he smiled. "I know Jaemin's been wanting to get you to approve of me," he said.

"You're welcome to visit us in Toronto sometime," said Chani as Sungyeol arrived. "Jaemin, Sungyeol's here," he called into the apartment before going to pack. "I'll keep that in mind," said Jungwoo as he went down to see Sungyeol.

"Did you really need to keep them here for that long?" Asked Sungyeol as he leaned against the jeep. "It was their choice really," said Jungwoo as he shrugged. "Plus, I got to reunite with Jaemin," he said. "I guess," said Sungyeol as he chuckled some.

"Sorry," said Chani as he came down with his bags and Jaemin close behind them. "It seems you did fine without me again," he said, grinning at Sungyeol. "Yeah," said Sungyeol as he helped put the bags in the jeep. They were taking their time so Jaemin could say goodbye.

"Come up to visit soon okay?" Asked Jaemin as he hugged Jungwoo. "Sure," said Jungwoo. "Come for a visit again, you're always welcome here," he said. "Thanks bro," said Jaemin before he moved away when Chani said they were done packing the jeep.

"Goodbye then," said Chani. "Goodbye," said Jungwoo as Chani, Sungyeol and Jaemin got into the jeep. Jaemin waved to Jungwoo as Sungyeol started the jeep and drove off, heading home.