Chapter 15

A Vampire's Story

"Chani," said Jaemin as he sat down beside Chani who was watching a movie on his new laptop. "Hm?" Asked Chani. "I want to see you hunt," Jaemin said suddenly. Chani blinked. "What?" He asked. "I want to see you hunt," said Jaemin.

"I don't think that's a good idea," said Chani as he turned to Jaemin. "Why is that?" Asked Jaemin. "When I go full hunting mode I'm not myself," said Chani. "This is different than when I'm pissed off," he said. "Please?" Asked Jaemin. Chani sighed. "I don't know about this," he said. "But alright," he said, finally giving in. He paused the movie and got up, heading outside with Jaemin following after him.

"I'm going hunting!" He called, getting answers from everyone else in the house. He made sure to follow up with a text saying he was going with Jaemin before he turned to Jaemin. "Well," he said. "Hop on my back then," he said, turning to let Jaemin hop on his back. Jaemin hopped onto Chani's back and Chani adjusted his position before sprinting off.

Chani stopped to let Jaemin down as he came upon a herd of deer. "Stay here," he said. "Don't make a move until I'm done," he said. Jaemin nodded.

Chani let out a deep breath before closing his eyes and letting his hunting instincts kick in. He opened his eyes and growled lightly, noticing the deer in front of him. He moved forward silently, aware of Jaemin being behind him but he knew Jaemin wouldn't interfere. He pounced on the deer he was going after, quickly biting into its neck and draining it. He moved away after draining it, wiping bits of blood away from his mouth.

Jaemin let out a deep breath as Chani turned to him. "Scared yet?" Asked Chani as he forced down the hunter instincts. "No," Jaemin said after a few minutes. Chani zipped in front of him, making Jaemin put his back against a tree. "Are you sure?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "No," said Jaemin. "I thought so," said Chani as he backed away, shaking his head to clear the thoughts away.

"I'm sorry for scaring you," he said. "It's alright," mumbled Jaemin as he relaxed. "I tried to be brave," he said. "Brave can only get you so far," said Chani as he grabbed the deer. "Do you want this or?" He asked. "Nah, bury it," said Jaemin. "I think we have enough venison," he said. Chani nodded and went to dig a hole. Jaemin went to help, dropping his illusion and jumping in to dig out a hole. Once the hole was big enough Chani threw the deer in before refilling the hole. Afterwards they walked back.

Sunggyu, Cory and Jisung came outside after Chani and Jaemin returned. "Hey hyung," said Chani. "What's up?" He asked. "Ah, you were taking a bit," said Sunggyu. "I guess it went well," he said when he saw Jaemin. Jaemin nodded. "He was scared," Chani said with a chuckle. "I was not," said Jaemin, causing Sunggyu to laugh.

"Mind if we take the pup for a few hours?" Asked Cory. "Renjun too?" He added. "Um, sure?" Asked Chani. "Up to them," he said. "Sure," said Jaemin. Renjun came outside after hearing Jaemin was back. "Oh, then we are going to Toronto then," he said. "Don't be out too late," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head. "Sure," said Cory before he left with Jisung, Renjun and Jaemin in the jeep.

Chani turned to Sunggyu who tilted his head to the side. "Didn't want to go with them?" He asked. "No," said Sunggyu as he scratched the back of his head. "Wanted to spend time with you, since we haven't been able to do that in a while," he said. Chani hummed in response as he nodded. 

"I know you just hunted but mind coming out for a hunt with me?" Asked Sunggyu. Chani grinned. "Sure," he said before running off. Sunggyu laughs as he sprinted after him.

Chani hadn't spent anytime with Sunggyu like this in a very long time, and he missed it. They may be vampires now but they were still brothers by blood. As Sunggyu stopped for a herd of deer Chani paused, stopping by a tree to let Sunggyu get his kill.

"You've done a good job," said Sunggyu once he was done with his deer. "A good job of what?" Asked Chani as he leaned against a tree. "Leading my coven," said Sunggyu. "Hyung," said Chani as he shook his head. "I've been leader of different covens before," he said. "Things are a little different now because I know everyone but," he said, shrugging. "I lead them like I would anyone else," he said.

"Chani," said Sunggyu as he started to dig a hole for the deer and Chani went to help. "These guys went to you thinking you were like me," he said. "They were wrong in that, and even with that they still follow you," he said. I guess," said Chani. "I'm no different from any other coven leader," he said. "I think the only thing different is my diet," he said. "It makes me more clear headed," he said. "I can handle situations better," he said. "I've noticed," said Sunggyu. as he hopped out of the hole to let Chani throw the deer into it. Chani then helped him refill the hole.

"Any word from that pack yet?" Asked Sunggyu as they headed back. "No," said Chani. "Which, I'm happy for," he said. "I don't want to deal with them yet, but I know they might come for their missing packmates," he said. "Well, I'll be here when that happens," said Sunggyu. "Everyone is pretty much on your side at this point," he said.

"Do you think Woohyun might be on their side for this?" Asked Chani. "It's possible," said Sunggyu. "He was the most against you for being you," he said. "It's still stupid," said Chani as he sighed. "Even Hoya was fine with me in the end," he said. "Yeah," said Sunggyu as he sighed a bit.

Myungsoo came outside with Sungyeol when Chani and Sunggyu came back. "Ah, we were going out to hunt," said Myungsoo as he scratched the back of his head. "Be careful," said Chani. "Always," said Sungyeol before he and Myungsoo sprinted off to hunt.

Chani spent the rest of the day with his brother, doing various things and just bonding. Sunggyu was enjoying the time with him as Chani basically acted like a kid again. When Jaemin, Renjun, Cory and Jisung came back Chani went to spend time with Jaemin while Renjun was stuck with Cory, Jisung and Sunggyu.

Chani hummed as he sat on the porch swing again, with Jaemin laying his head in his lap as he lay beside Chani in wolf form. "I have this itching feeling," Chani said suddenly. "Something is going to go wrong but I don't know when," he said as he pet Jaemin. "I will do everything to keep you safe okay?" He asked. Jaemin nodded, his hand.