Chapter 17

A Vampire's Story

Chani went with Sungyeol to go pick up Eunwoo and Sanha at the airport, since Chani was the one who really knew the two. "Ah Chani!" Yelled Sanha as he spotted Chani and Sungyeol. "Hey Sanha," said Chani as he smiled, nodding to Eunwoo who came over carrying a backpack. "Well, Sungyeol this is Sanha and Eunwoo, Eunwoo and Sanha this is Sungyeol," he said, introducing them.

"So I heard you're leading a coven now," said Sanha as he went to grab his bag. "Yeah," said Chani. "Though this isn't the first time," he added. "Your brother's coven too? Must be proud," said Eunwoo as they headed out to the jeep. "He is," said Chani. "I hope you're okay with being in a house full of vampires," said Sungyeol. "Eh, we'll manage," said Sanha. "It's rare as hell that Chani asks for help," he said. "It's more common than you think," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head. They got in the jeep and Sungyeol drove home.

"You weren't around for that fiasco that Chani had with Moonbin were you?" Asked Eunwoo as he looked out his window. "No," said Sungyeol as he shrugged. "I came around afterwards with Sungjong," he said. "Well, we came around after Chani left," he added. "What caused you to leave again?" Asked Sanha. "We were only told a shortened version of it from Moonbin," he said. Chani hummed in response before explaining the story.

"Oh come on," said Eunwoo after Chani was done. "What the hell," he said. "Woohyun is still alive after that? I would've killed him," he spat. "Even MJ wouldn't do that," he said. "Yeah well," said Chani as he sighed. "MJ is the reason I got so much hate with you guys in the first place," he said.

"I thought there was something else behind the bullying you got," said Sanha. "I didn't think my uality got to them that quick but," Chani said, sighing a bit. "I didn't come out to my brother until I was 10," he said. "Word tended to travel fast back then," said Eunwoo. "MJ was the only one who was against it out of everyone," he said. "Even Jinwoo was fine with it and you rarely heard him talk," he said. "I guess," said Chani.

They soon reached the house where Renjun and Jaemin were waiting on the front porch. "Welcome back guys," said Renjun. "Sorry for not bringing you along this time," said Chani as he got out of the jeep with the others. "Can come out now they're back," Jaemin called into the house. Everyone came outside to see who their latest guests were.

"Hey Eunwoo, Sanha," said Sunggyu. "Hello hyung," said Eunwoo. Sanha nodded in greeting. "Moonbin would've come himself but they're preparing for an Italy run so," he said, shrugging.

"Can you believe Jinwoo ended up as a barista?" Asked Eunwoo as he chuckled some. "Ah really?" Asked Chani. "Not surprised really," he said. "I think it was more for Chanwoo," he said. "And his connections with everyone from their base of ops in Berlin," he said. "If Chanwoo wasn't there then they at least have someone else to go to," said Cory. "At least, that's my understanding of it anyway," he said.

"Berlin's like Italy, it's a major hub of information," said Chani. "Except Berlin doesn't have annual hunts," he added. "Italy's always been a problem for everyone," said Eunwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "A lot information can be gathered from Italy but there's also the vampires that rule it," he said. "Information becomes really hard to obtain after that," he said.

"So who's the oldest between you two?" Asked Renjun. "I am," said Eunwoo. "I'm the youngest," said Sanha. "I grew up with Chani here," he said, slinging an arm around Chani's shoulder. Chani scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah, then you started changing," he said. "Well," said Sanha. "I wanted to come back to you but," he said, sighing. "Moonbin stayed for as long as he could though," he said. "Things changed when he became the main alpha," said Chani. "I know, he explained it to me just before I left," he said.

"MJ was fine with you in the end though," said Eunwoo. "He thought it was really brave of you to do what you did," he said. "What? Leave my brother's coven because of some falling out?" Asked Chani. "I mean," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I guess, but I left because I didn't want to cause a rift between them," he said. "I would've done the same thing to be fair," said Jisung.

"Well," said Sungyeol. "Let's leave you to unpack and things, I need to hunt," he said. "Anyone want to go?" He asked. "I'll go," said Chani and Myungsoo. "Let's go then," said Sungyeol before he left with Chani and Myungsoo sprinting after him.

It was during this hunt that they found themselves being stalked by Jeno, Chenle and Jisung. "Really now?" Grumbled Sungyeol as they stalked after a herd of deer. "Don't bring attention to yourself," said Chani as he sent a quick text to the others. "Keep things normal," he said. "Be prepared for resistance," said Myungsoo as he split away to get to another angle. Sungyeol did the same thing as Chani continued forward.

Sunggyu had come to join them, coming up beside Chani. "Well," said Chani. "Ready for this?" He asked. "Yep," said Sunggyu as he and Chani sprinted forward and into the herd of deer with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. They knew the others were somewhere nearby so they weren't too concerned for their other visitors.

As they got their kills the wolves made their presence known, attacking alongside a familiar face. "Ah, he did join them," said Chani as he dodged out of the way, going to stand back to back with Sunggyu while Myungsoo and Sungyeol stuck to their sides.

"Why are you doing this again Woohyun?" Asked Sunggyu as Woohyun came into view. "Because the brat doesn't deserve being coven leader," spat Woohyun as Cory, who was in wolf form, and the others came into view, surrounding Woohyun, Jeno, Chenle and Jisung. "Forget it Woohyun," said Chani as he relaxed his stance slightly. "You're severely outnumbered," he said.