Chapter 7

A Vampire's Story

"Hello?" Came Moonbin's voice. "Hey Moonbin," said Chani. "Ah! Chani! It certainly has been a long time, what's up?" Asked Moonbin. "I don't know what to do," said Chani. "What's wrong Chani?" Asked Moonbin. Chani explained everything as he took a stroll through the forest outside their house, staying far enough away to be away from the others while also keeping the house in view.

"I-I," came Moonbin's voice after everything was explained. "Damn that's harsh," he said, sighing. "I can see why you came to me about this," he said. "The situations were basically the same," said Chani as he leaned against a tree, looking up at the sky. "To be completely fair, it was his choice," said Moonbin. "I know, but it doesn't mean it didn't hurt any worse," said Chani as he sighed.

"Here's the real question, do you really think that Jaemin is your mate?" Asked Moonbin. "Yes," said Chani. "I felt something there that I've never felt with other people before," he said. "Then if you believe hard enough, you may cross paths again," said Moonbin. "If you want me to help, I'll send Eunwoo over," he said. "I think I'd rather have you here," said Chani. "But I'm fine for now," he said. "Don't be afraid to ask for help Chani," said Moonbin. "I'll be fine," said Chani. "Thanks for listening to my rant," he said. "No problem," said Moonbin before he hung up.

Chani was left to lean against the tree as he put his phone in his pocket, unsure of what to do next. He took out his phone and texted the group chat telling everyone he was going hunting and he was soon joined by Sungyeol. "I needed to hunt," said Sungyeol. Chani nodded and headed out with Sungyeol, going after a particular herd that Chani had started to go after the day before.

"So what'd you talk about with Moonbin?" Asked Sungyeol as Chani stopped to spy on the herd. "I wanted his opinion on things," said Chani as he shrugged. "What's his take on it?" Asked Sungyeol. "For someone who was in the exact same situation as Jaemin, well," Chani said, shrugging. "Yeah," said Sungyeol.

"I guess we don't need to save the meat this time," he said to change the subject as Chani started inching forward. "Right, go around and wait for my signal," said Chani. Sungyeol nodded and circled around. Chani inched closer as Sungyeol started to do the same thing, going full hunting mode now.

They weren't prepared for the wolves to come out of nowhere, forcing Chani and Sungyeol to quickly get their kills. The wolves went after one deer, and Chani recognized Jaemin from the one slightly slower wolf limping behind the others. He didn't focus too much on it as the rest of the herd scattered and Chani quickly went to get the others, snapping their necks after getting his fill. Sungyeol went to do the same thing, leaving the last deer for the wolves.

"Damn mutts," grumbled Sungyeol as they went to bury the deer after getting their fill of animal blood. "Yeah well," said Chani as he dug the hole. "Don't just stand there, help at least," he said. Sungyeol hopped down and helped. Once the bodies were buried they started to head home.

"He's still limping," Chani said suddenly as he stopped. "Don't," said Sungyeol as he turned to Chani as he stopped beside him. "It's not worth going after him right now," he said. "Is it bad that I want to?" Asked Chani. "No," said Sungyeol. "But we can't meddle in their affairs unless they bring it to us," he said. "I know you want to go after him," he said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't do anything alright?" He asked. Chani nodded and continued heading back to the house.

Sungyeol turned and found who he assumed was Jaemin behind him. "It's not too late to come back pup," he said. "Leave them behind and you'll be protected by us," he said. "Don't even try to hide the fresh bruises, I can smell the blood in the air still," he added. He turned when he heard his name being called. "I'll see you around then pup," he said before running off.

"Ah, leaving already Sunggyu?" Asked Sungyeol once he reached the house. "Unfortunately," said Sunggyu as he scratched the back of his head. "Cory got a mission from Kris and we're needed back in the states," he said. "Good luck then," said Sungyeol. "Thanks," said Sunggyu.

"Good luck with Jaemin," said Jisung as Chani stood with him. "Yeah, thanks," said Chani. "Next time you see me I hope to have this resolved," he said. "Maybe," said Jisung. "If things work out you should come visit us for a change," he said. Chani laughs. "Sure," he said. "As long as I'm allowed," he said. "I'm sure you're able to," said Cory as he walked over after packing up the rest of their things. "Jeongin's come to like you guys, and Changkhyun is fine with you being there so," he said, shrugging. Chani nodded.

"If it doesn't work out well," said Jisung. "We'll be back around to talk some sense into them," he said. "At least, Jeno, but the others seem against the idea," he said. "Might be out of fear," said Chani. "We'll see when they decide to show themselves again," he said.

"Chani," said Sunggyu as he walked over. Chani turned to Sunggyu, his head tilted to the side. "Stay strong alright?" He asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't be afraid to ask for help," he said. "I know you want to try and deal with this yourself but," he said. "You have friends in high places, don't be afraid to ask them for help," he said.

"You came to me for help when you had to deal with Moonbin, maybe it's time to ask him for the favor," he said. Chani hummed in response. "I'll think about it," he said. "I don't want to involve them unless it's necessary," he said. "Keep it to us for now," he said. Sunggyu hummed in response. "Alright then," he said. "Good luck," he said. "Thanks, you too," said Chani.

Sunggyu pulled Chani in for a hug and hugged him. "You make me proud you know, never forget that," he said before moving away and leaving with Jisung and Cory. Chani waved to them as Cory drove off, heading back to the states.