Chapter 11

A Vampire's Story

Chani was not happy with Woohyun, but he tolerated him. The last thing they needed was for more vampire hunters to show up at their door step for Woohyun. They already had to deal with Chan and the others. This wasn't like when Chani was with Daniel. There he had protection, now he was on his own.

Chani was out doing normal human things with Jaemin who needed to get out of the house more. They were currently exploring Toronto, Jaemin wanting to sight see. Woohyun had been their designated driver so he was currently walking with them.

"Are you even comfortable walking with us?" Asked Chani as he turned to Woohyun. "No need to lie for the sake of being in front of me," he said. Woohyun scratched the back of his head. "I'm fine," he said. "You act very similar to Sunggyu so I'm able to relax a bit more," he said.

"I'm his brother," Chani said with a snort. "I learned a lot from him, or did you forget?" He asked. Woohyun hummed in response. "Do you remember anything about being human?" Asked Chani. "Kind of," said Woohyun. "I don't remember most of it but I remember being turned," he said. "Sunggyu was first, Dongwoo was next, then me, then Hoya, then Myungsoo," he said, shrugging. "I'm not sure when Sungyeol and Sungjong were turned but," he said.

"Do you miss being human?" Asked Jaemin. "Sometimes," said Chani as he shrugged. "We didn't have the best life growing up, Sunggyu and I anyway, but we managed," he said. "By the time I was born Sunggyu moved out and took me with him after I was old enough," he said. "Our parents were very poor so the less people in the house the easier," he said.

"That doesn't sound like a good life to live," said Jaemin. "Well," said Chani. "We managed," he said. "After Sunggyu got turned it became easier, he hunted animals and I got food from that," he said. "We had trouble with Moonbin and his later pack but we left after everything settled down," he said. "I got turned after I turned 18 and stayed with Sunggyu for a little while," he said. "I left due to our differences and well," he said, shrugging. "Here I am now leading his coven so," he said.

"What was he even thinking, letting you lead the coven?" Asked Woohyun. "For the record," said Chani as he turned to Woohyun. "You don't have to be here you know," he said. "The others are completely fine with me being coven leader," he said. "I don't know what the hell you have against me but it needs to stop," he growled out.

"Can we get food?" Jaemin asked suddenly as they heard his stomach growl. Chani chuckled some. "Sure, where do you want to go?" He asked. "McDonalds," said Jaemin. "Alright," said Chani before they headed to the nearest McDonalds.

"Oh," Chani said suddenly as he turned to Woohyun. "I know what this is about," he said. "We'll talk about this later when we get home then," he spat before going up to the counter with Jaemin to order. Woohyun was left to ponder what it was Chani was talking about, slightly confused before it hit. "Oh," he mumbled. "That," he said before shaking his head.

The ride home was filled with an awkward and tense silence. Chani was seething with anger but he didn't let it get to him yet. Jaemin was trembling slightly from the tense atmosphere but he knew that if something was to happen, Chani wouldn't let anything happen to him. Hopefully.

"I'm calling a meeting right now," called Chani once he entered the house. "Everyone into the livingroom," he called. Everyone came out of their rooms, confused before they saw Woohyun hovering in the corner, recoiling from Chani's anger. "What the hell did you do this time?" Asked Myungsoo. "Why must you assume it's automatically me?" Asked Woohyun.

"How about this," snarled out Chani as he turned to Woohyun, his eyes black from anger. "I thought you were here to at least return to a coven who, I shall add that I was against doing this for the record, accepted you back with no issues," he said.

"This isn't about me being a leader of a coven, this is about the fact that I'm gay isn't it?" He spat. "Get with the times Woohyun," he said. "I know you're old fashioned as hell but like," he said, waving his hands around. "Times have changed," he said.

"Oh come on, we're back on this?" Asked Myungsoo. "What the hell Woohyun?" He asked. "200 years later and you're still on Chani for his uality?" He asked. "It's wrong," spat Woohyun. "Give me one reason to not kill you right now," said Chani. "Everyone else accepted me for who I am, and yet you were the only one who didn't," he said.

"Vampires and finding their mates are subjective as hell, we get to choose and even if Chani's mate turned out to be female he has the choice to say no," said Sungyeol. "I wasn't around til after Chani left but at least I had an open mind," he said. "This is news to me really," said Sungjong. "But I'm okay with it," he said.

"I-I am too," said Jaemin, causing a look of relief to briefly cross Chani's face before he schooled it to be blank, his eyes still black in anger. "I suggest you leave then," said Chani. "Get the hell out of this house since you're no longer welcome here," he said.

"This is going to sound ironic as hell, but I'd rather have Dongwoo here than you," said Myungsoo. "And he's on the run," he added. "At least he accepted Chani's uality," he said.

"Why are you against me today?" Shouted Woohyun. "Why do you insist on following someone like him?" He spat. "This someone has done a great job leading us as a coven," said Sungyeol. "It doesn't matter what uality you are, it matters only how you handle things," said Chani. "I could've easily ended you 200 years ago but I didn't, instead I left because I didn't want to cause a rift in the coven," he said.

"That wasn't me running, that was me making a smart decision but look where that ended up in the end," he said. "It's whatever, I guess," he said, shrugging. "Now get the hell out and I don't want to see your face around here again," he spat.

"You're just going to let him do this?" Woohyun asked, exasperatedly. "Yes," said Myungsoo. "Because we don't follow him out of pity," he said. "He has proven several times that he has what it takes to be the leader of a coven," he said. "Now, get out," he spat. "Before we make you," he said. Woohyun sighed and left, not wanting a big confrontation.