Chapter 19

A Vampire's Story

Chan, Seungmin and Felix arrived a couple days later, with Sungyeol and Chani going to get them from the airport. "Gotta keep Jisung from finding out," said Chani. "I'm sure he already knows," said Sungyeol. "We'll see when we get back," he said.

When they got to the airport Chan was already waiting on them with Felix and Seungmin. "Ah, hey guys," said Chani. "Are we late or something?" He asked. "No," said Chan. "Our plane landed early," he said, shrugging. "Seungmin and Felix happened to get a mission so they tagged along with me," he said. "I see," said Chani. "None of us I hope," said Sungyeol. "No," said Chan. "I would've told you ahead of time," he said. "As I keep saying," said Chani as he sighed a bit. "Sorry," said Sungyeol as he chuckled some.

"No bags?" Asked Chani. "No," said Chan as he shook his head. "Well let's go then, Jaemin's been looking forward to your visit," said Chani as he bit back a grin. Chan chuckled and nodded. They headed out to the jeep and Sungyeol drove home.

Jisung, Jaemin and Renjun were sitting on the porch swing waiting on them when Sungyeol pulled up to the house. "Hey guys," called Chani when he got out of the jeep. "I heard we were getting visitors," said Jisung as he tilted his head to the side. "Well," said Chan as he got out of the jeep, causing Jisung to jump up. "Chan!" Said Jisung. "Hey," said Chan as he grinned. Jisung ran over to him, tackling him. "Got another mission?" He asked. "Felix and Seungmin do," said Chan as Felix and Seungmin got out of the jeep. Jaemin and Renjun walked over with their hands in their pockets.

"You look a lot better," said Chan as he noticed Jaemin. Jaemin smiled. "Thanks," he said. Jisung moved away from Chan to throw an arm around Seungmin's shoulder. "Who are ya'll after this time?" He asked. "Ah," said Seungmin. "No one from this coven, we would've said something," he said. "Can I see the details?" Asked Chani. Felix handed Chani his phone and Chani looked at the details. "Yeah, no one from here," said Chani as he handed Felix's phone back to him.

"So how'd the fiasco with this pack go?" Asked Chan as everyone headed inside. "We drove them away effectively," said Chani as he shrugged. "But now we're looking for Jaemin's family," he said. "Apparently they moved so," said Jaemin as he scratched the back of his head. "I wasn't on that good of terms with them when I left but I just want to see my older brother again," he said.

"Are they official?" Asked Chan. "No," said Jaemin. "It's just my parents and my brother," he said. "And my cousin Jeno but," he said, shrugging. "I'd imagine he went home with Chenle and Jisung," he said.

"Did you guys become official?" Asked Jisung. "No," said Chan. "We declined the offer, we would've had a lot more to worry about other than hunting," he said. "Even Sungjin has it hard and he accepted the offer," he said. "I prefer our Italy runs over getting the paychecks for becoming official wolf packs," he said. "Yeah, I'd hate to be bound to something like that," said Chani. "Luckily Italy isn't as controlling," said Sungyeol.

"Where'd everyone else go?" Asked Chan. "Myungsoo and Sunggyu went hunting, Sungjong went with Cory to Toronto," said Chani. "We should probably get our hunts in then," said Sungyeol. "Ya'll want venison?" Asked Chani. "Nah, we're good," said Chan. "We still got steaks in the freezer," said Jaemin. "Go hunt, we'll be here," he said. Chani turned to Jaemin and grinned. "Have fun then," he said before he left out the backdoor with Sungyeol.

"Is all you've been eating is venison?" Asked Chan as he turned to Jaemin. "Well," said Jaemin as he scratched the back of his head. "I don't want to bother them for grocery shopping but," he said, shrugging. "We do go and hunt ourselves sometimes if we want something else though," said Renjun as they went to sit down in the livingroom.

"So," said Felix. "Ya'll are without a pack now," he said. "For the time being," said Jaemin. "Though, I guess Renjun is the only one without a pack at this point really," he added. "I guess I am aren't I?" Asked Renjun as he scratched the back of his head. "If you want, and this choice is completely up to you, you could join us," said Chan. "We're always looking for new members, and to have a non hunter home gives us a sense of security, we don't need to have everyone home constantly," he said. "I'll think about it," said Renjun.

 

~



"So what's their real reason for showing up?" Asked Sungyeol. "Moonbin sent them with information," said Chani as he stopped by a tree. "That and I mentioned that Renjun doesn't really have a pack," he said. "You think it's okay for them to just take Renjun?" Asked Sungyeol.

"Sungyeol," said Chani as he turned to Sungyeol. "He'll be fine," he said. "Besides," he said. "Jaemin can put in good word for him," he said before he continued forward. Sungyeol followed after him.

They ran into Myungsoo and Sunggyu while tracking a herd of deer. "Well, things are certainly more quiet now," said Sunggyu as they went after the deer together. "Yeah," said Chani as he nodded. "Go," he said and everyone split up, going different directions while Chani rushed forward. They soon got their kills and buried the bodies before heading back.

"So what'd info did you get from Moonbin?" Asked Sunggyu. "I got the location of Jaemin's family," said Chani. "We'll be off to see them soon but I want to let him spend time with Chan and the others first, we'll be off to the states after they leave," he said. "Hm," said Sungyeol.

"Ah," said Sunggyu when he got a text. "Ya'll can tag along," he said. "We're needed back in the states again it seems," he said. Chani sighed halfheartedly. "It's going to be different without you again," he said. Sunggyu laughs. "Well, I can get you there but you'll have to find your way back," he said. "We'll make it," said Chani. "No need to worry about that," he said.

"The only thing I'm worried about is how the others are gonna survive without me," he said with a chuckle. "We'll manage," said Myungsoo as he laughs. "Don't call me after I leave begging for me to come back then," Chani said with a snicker. "Never," said Sungyeol as he chuckled some.